• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Carlo Ancelotti: "The most difficult thing is to motivate in a language that is not your own. At times you have to show emotion."

"it is not easy in another language. When I really got mad I did it in Italian (at Madrid). They all understood!"

pls Carlo, all you need to do is raise your eyebrow!

C'mon now, he wasn't exactly arguing on the touchline, then he spent the postmatch interview talking about how great Rodgers is and how there was really no problem.

And he wasn't sent off for missing the penalty, it was because he fell apart after missing the penalty. Weird when you think about it

-Sturridge misses penalty at 4-0 with 30 minutes left, falls apart, subbed off
-Ozil misses penalty at 0-0 with 70 minutes left, falls apart, stays on even though he doesn't have the stamina to last 90 minutes, was offering nothing defensively when keeping it tight at the back was the priority, and plays in the position that is normally sacrificed when teams go down to 10.

#managersdontmatter

GorillaJu

pls Carlo, all you need to do is raise your eyebrow!

I've been yelled at in Japanese before by my friend's neighbor, his slang was enough that I couldn't understand what he was saying... but I still understood. :lol

-Ozil misses penalty at 0-0 with 70 minutes left, falls apart, stays on even though he doesn't have the stamina to last 90 minutes, was offering nothing defensively when keeping it tight at the back was the priority, and plays in the position that is normally sacrificed when teams go down to 10.

I'm confused why Ozil was kept on but Oxlaide-Chamberlain and Santi Cazorla were taken off. I feel like Wenger was hoping for a moment of magic, but Ozil doesn't seem to pull a rabbit out of his hat too often. He usually delivers early on in the game and as part of a team build-up, not individual brilliance out of nothing.

Salvadora

I think Rodgers deserves a lot of credit for both Suarez's and Sturridge's rises. He makes tactical gaffes more often than I'd like, but how often do you see difficult to manage players like the ones we have united so well? He's got to be one of the best around at man-management.
He certainly does.

If I'm remembering right, Sturridge was directed towards a sports psychiatrist by Rodgers (who knew his trouble was in his head) and attributed that towards his rise.

And he's Northern Irish. Can't go wrong with that.

GorillaJu

He certainly does.

If I'm remembering right, Sturridge was directed towards a sports psychiatrist by Rodgers (who knew his trouble was in his head) and attributed that towards his rise.

And he's Northern Irish. Can't go wrong with that.

Actually Liverpool hired the psychologist (Steve Peters) to be available to players one day a week. Suarez has been using the option as well, I believe.

I'm off. Night folks.

nVbtFRi.png

gzdtIVu.png

Ozil partied too but the camera's couldn't catch him.

didn't he already pull a stunt like this years ago when he was drunk after the "men vs boys" match? :lol

TeddyBoy

Butland set to join Leeds

What an odd career trajectory

Meant to the the next big thing, add him to the Bostock Sheet.

I don't think he really was, he caught the publics eye as he was pretty good in an under 21 international tournament that was well televised, granted at that time he was doing quite well for Birmingham but the following year his performances began to drop. No big club wanted to take the chance on him since he was going through a bad patch so he moves to Stoke and he got virtually no game time with Begovic and Sorenson both in front of him. Time back in the Championship will do him some good.

Tc91

Actually Liverpool hired the psychologist (Steve Peters) to be available to players one day a week. Suarez has been using the option as well, I believe.

I'm off. Night folks.

He was on a TV programme here called Sunday Brunch. One of the presenters who is a TV chef is a Liverpool supporter so they started chatting about that.

Rodgers got him to meet Gerrard who then told other players about what he does etc and he now helps the whole team.

Blablurn

I've been yelled at in Japanese before by my friend's neighbor, his slang was enough that I couldn't understand what he was saying... but I still understood. :lol

I'm confused why Ozil was kept on but Oxlaide-Chamberlain and Santi Cazorla were taken off. I feel like Wenger was hoping for a moment of magic, but Ozil doesn't seem to pull a rabbit out of his hat too often. He usually delivers early on in the game and as part of a team build-up, not individual brilliance out of nothing.

image-661247-hppano-lzkv.jpg

Fergie

Banned
He was on a TV programme here called Sunday Brunch. One of the presenters who is a TV chef is a Liverpool supporter so they started chatting about that.

Rodgers got him to meet Gerrard who then told other players about what he does etc and he now helps the whole team.
Maybe Moyes should as well. :p

pulga

Banned
oooh boy! Neymar-gate continues!

Spanish public prosecutors have lodged an accusation against Barcelona concerning possible tax fraud against the country's Inland Revenue Service. The move comes as part of the 'Neymar-gate' affair, which all started with a lawsuit filed against Sandro Rosell by club member Jordi Cases.
The Public Prosecutor's Office believes there is evidence of irregularities and, irrespective of the identity of the financial manager involved, deems FC Barcelona liable as the legal entity responsible for the deal.
This means that proceedings initially targeting only Barça's former president are now engulfing the entire club. The two charges involved – tax fraud and embezzlement through diversion of funds – could see hefty fines levied at the 'Azulgranas'.

bu- but the scandal was over

edit: AND THE JUDGE SAYS THE MOTION IS A GO

2371600-9530080022-13605.gif

faridmon

Even Hummels looks like shit with Loew tactics. All our defensive line was "protected" last season thanks to Heynckes' tactics but this season with Pep the defensive line is very well exposed and Boateng has been immense so far.

We have been having a hard time in CL matches because Pep has got the tactics wrong in two matches already (vs City and vs Arsenal).

Yeah, I agree. Low's tactics on defence is utter crap and just makes a competent defender look like incompetent with his exposed, high lines of defence. But yeah, Heynecke's tactics have been absolutely immense in taking advantage of that system and play to his strength, even with his great play this season (I haven't watched many Bayern matches this season), I can't help it but feel that Boatang, just like Podolski, is a player who is good whenever the system that gears towards his style is applied.

faridmon

Sevilla have become the latest side to join Everton and Liverpool among the growing pack of clubs in pursuit of Levante goalkeeper Keylor Navas.

Its probably bull, but if there is a grain of truth there...

Bloody Hell! That is our 6th keeper...

Bendtner is a true Danish hero.

He is Danmark and explains a great deal about that country!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
5,000 are still available, which is a first I imagine.

come on guys what's wrong with europa league

Milan legend Rino Gattuso says he would be willing to consider offers to coach the Rossoneri’s rivals Juventus

OH JOY

Wilbur

Banned
Just saw Her, was great. Joaquin Phoenix is sogud.rar

and I come out to see Ozil continuing to get castigated, Valencia wearing the number 7 shirt for Madrid and the entirety of Catalonia about to go to prison

sofukingud.mp4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom