• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Well considering we haven't won the league in twenty four years (if you consider that our barren period) we have won in that time: 3 FA Cups, 4 League Cups, 1 Champions League, 1 UEFA Cup, 2 UEFA Super Cups and 2 Charity Shields.

We've also been in another Champions League final, 2 FA Cup finals, 1 league cup final and finished second in the league a few times.

We still need a league title, I feel Gerrard deserves one before he retires. Would be a shame if he couldn't get one.

I would say you came closest to winning the title in those years (well year coming second) with Rafa too, that team was a title winning team. None of the Arsenal squads of recent years have convinced me, although sometimes had a really good run.

Could win it this year but personally before the season started I would say Liverpool getting 4th was a huge ask. So to expect you guys to challenge is pushing things. The attack is brilliant, the midfield and defence... not so much IMO.

But yeah, if I were a player having to pick between Arsenal and Liverpool I would consider Liverpool the better bet in winning trophies. All that could change this season, we'll see.

I don't want Gerrard to win it, so Lampard can hold it over him. :-D And Sturridge too actually, he has a winners medal... Glen Johnson as well for that matterl. :)

Anyone gonna watch this Gotham TV show?

I really don't get the point of it, its Batman... without Batman. Why not make a show about Back to the future, before they invented the time machine. Just follow Doc Brown being lonely and crazy. A transformers live TV show, set on Earth, before the Transformers turn up. Batman Year One would be an amazing TV show but whatever.

That Superman vs batman cast and Fantastic Four cast is going to kill my love for superheroes I think. Guardians will lessen the blow perhaps.

BTW, fellow Brits in Football GAF'ers... how come you don't post in the BritGAF thread? Just curious.

Wilbur

Banned
I've made my home in the community here <3, I've posted a few times in the Brit thread I think, but they're quite close knit. Not that we aren't, but there's lots of football stuff that means newcomers have a point of reference to come in and start discussing things, whereas the prerequisite there is to be British. Good posters though. Hot Coldman/Green Scar is top baller.

edit: oh shit forgot Porto didn't qualify.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We need to score a few tonight because we always concede when Friedel plays, we need to kill this tie today. Big match for Soldado.

Suen

Leaving for the stadium in a little bit. POOOOOOOOORTOOOOOOO! :D
Enjoy!

spidye there was some goal article where Muller said he wasn't happy to be on the bench but had a good understanding with Pep. Either way him and Reus will have bright futures in Arsenal.

pulga

Banned
cant watch the game because im working on some bullshit midterm assessment (figure out a way for this italian truffle-based product company to enter other markets lolololol) but FOOOOORZAAAAAAAAAA

LEAD US TO EUROPEAN GLORY CUNTE

Elchele

If only we would take EL seriously. Playing the final in our stadium would be amazing. Conte pls.

we exchanged EL success for Tymo

gifs_20.gif

no regrets

Wilbur

Banned
cant watch the game because im working on some bullshit midterm assessment (figure out a way for this italian truffle-based product company to enter other markets lolololol) but FOOOOORZAAAAAAAAAA

answer

rohypnol

rvy

Banned

pulga mi amor qué coño estás haciendo?

Salvadora

Salva I'm glad you're back <3 you need to restore order to arsenal GAF. You want back in whatsapp?
Thanks Wilbury :)

No thanks, I don't think whatsapp is for me! It felt counterproductive to why I requested a ban :p

And aye, popped my head in here a few times while I was away and there was some absolute tripe being posted.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This Dnipro pitch is dogshit, really awful. This is going to be a slog.

Wilbur

Banned
Thanks Wilbury :)

No thanks, I don't think whatsapp is for me! It felt counterproductive to why I requested a ban :p

And aye, popped my head in here a few times while I was away and there was some absolute tripe being posted.

Not much going on in there anyway. Lots of fart recording and bud talking about my mother in sexual situations.

but glad you're back anyway boo

---

Just going out im missing our match next week fuuu. Not working Wednesday though. Might try and switch shifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom