• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrunchyB

After seven years of nothing (except for a few 'dennenappels') I was so relieved we beat you guys that day. It's a match I'll never forget and when people ask me what my favourite game of football ever is that's the one :p

I prefer the cup final the week before :)
Dammit, we won that and the Johan Cruijff schaal against you guys, but lost the game that actually mattered. A tie would have been good enough, ffs.

And yes, we have quite a few players. But we can't fill in every position twice with players who are equally good, we're still no Chelsea. But our second choice players are usually good enough to beat the likes of Zwolle or Cambuur for example.

Twente's best left-back is Dico Koppers, ex-Ajax.
Our second best left-back is Robbert Schilder. Also ex-Ajax :eek:

Ajax has a ton of "okay" players. But this year in particular they are low on players that can make a difference. So we have a shot!

I really hope we can take home the double this year.

Nevah!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Dammit. Oh well. Boycie better turn up for the 2nd lge.

Sherwood is not to blame, he picked a solid 433 with the same powerful midfield that shat on Newcastle. The players simply didn't turn up, a 0-0 would have been more than acceptable given the state of the pitch but we seemed to think we were still playing Tromso and co and that our carelessness wouldn't be punished. Hopefully they learn a lesson from this, our cup exits in the last two seasons have been embarrassing.

Knocked out by Norwich, Leeds and Basel last year, West Ham, Arsenal and potentially Dnipro this. Our players just don't motivate themselves properly for these games, lots of big teams don't.

CrunchyB

I know exactly how it works since Russian teams also start in the 3rd round. In the 3rd round we (Zenit) played Norsjaelland and then we managed to be seeded just ahead of PSV for the 4th round and got to play Pacos de Ferreira. And the reason we were seeded ahead of PSV was thanks to solid EL results. :p

If you start in an earlier round doesn't mean you won't be seeded for a later one! It all depends on your club rating. Rubin Kazan for example started in the 2nd round of EL qualifying but were seeded all the way to the group stage.

Oh, I stand corrected! I knew that was the case for EL games, I somehow thought CL Ql was different. Good to know.
But for what it's worth, PSV usually gave it their best shot in Europe. Not this year though :eek:

Linius

Dammit, we won that and the Johan Cruijff schaal against you guys, but lost the game that actually mattered. A tie would have been good enough, ffs.

Ajax has a ton of "okay" players. But this year in particular they are low on players that can make a difference. So we have a shot!

Nevah!

So much this. We miss a good striker for starters. Siggi can't finish for shit and Bojan is lazy fuck. De Jong has been injured a lot and is not a real striker anyways. And then Fischer is out of form for most of the season.

On the other hand we found the perfect trio in the middle with Blind, Klaassen (a revelation this season) and Serero. And our back line is okay. Veltman always fucks up at least once in a match (like De Boer so to say). Moisander is decent and has a good run forwards. Van Rhijn on RB is really miss and hit. This season season more miss sadly. And our LB could be great if it's Boilesen. But the man is made of glass it appears.

But yeah, no one who really stands out. Schöne shots have been saving us from time to time.

Nevah!
Truth, this is our worst team since De Boer took over. I have faith, the 2 Feyenoord games(Twente-Feyenoord, Feyenoord-Ajax) will either decide the champion or make it even more exciting. I'm hoping for a Twente-Feyenoord draw :p

Knocked out by Norwich, Leeds and Basel last year, West Ham, Arsenal and potentially Dnipro this. Our players just don't motivate themselves properly for these games, lots of big teams don't.

Sherwood has to leave a good mark on the job to ensure he lasts even beyond the end of the season, Levy doesn't care about cups, he just wants CL, so you dropping out of these competitions lets you challenge more effectively for top 4 and i'd wager that its a gamble they're more than happy to take, considering the money involved in the CL vs LC/FA Cup/Europa League.

Linius

Truth, this is our worst team since De Boer took over. I have faith, the 2 Feyenoord games(Twente-Feyenoord, Feyenoord-Ajax) will either decide the champion or make it even more exciting. I'm hoping for a Twente-Feyenoord draw :p

Yeah, a draw and us sealing the deal in Rotterdam Zuid would be great. Twente still has to come to Amsterdam anyways.

Elchele

FUSSBALL---BL-RBS-vs-Ried_1387282407348249.jpg

Linius

Oh I'd love to shut up my Feyenoord friends (who insist they can win the championship) with a win in their territory.

Did you know I went to Ajax - PSV with Bacon the Feyenoord fan in this thread? Luckily Feyenoord won in Utrecht that day so it was a good day for all of us. Quiche the Chelsea fan came over from London. Eto'o scored his hattrick against Man. United that day, so we were all happy :p

Ey Bacon, you should get a club card. I want to go Feyenoord - Ajax next season.

pls

Did you know I went to Ajax - PSV with Bacon the Feyenoord fan in this thread? Luckily Feyenoord won in Utrecht that day so it was a good day for all of us. Quiche the Chelsea fan came over from London. Eto'o scored his hattrick against Man. United that day, so we were all happy :p

Ey Bacon, you should get a club card. I want to go Feyenoord - Ajax next season.

pls
I do not have a money tree in my backyard, thank you very much. Quiche also said he'd be up for it to go to a Feyenoord game next season. We'll see. ;)

Forza Feyenoord
large.gif

Linius

I do not have a money tree in my backyard, thank you very much. Quiche also said he'd be up for it to go to a Feyenoord game next season. We'll see. ;)

A clubcard at Ajax costs 25 euros a year. I don't imagine it's much more expensive at Feyenoord right? But it does give you the chance to buy tickets for high profile games. Be a fan pls.

MrKaepora

"We reached the edge of the goal and play good football, unexpectedly, because the Eintracht [ed Paulo Fonseca said Bayer] hardly reached our goal, we give the tie.

There was no shortage of delivery and attitude, we thought the game well, but happiness was on the other side. However, the tie is in the middle and we overcome Frankfurt [ed Paulo Fonseca said Leverkusen]"

dead2.gif

pls

That's awesome. I went to the Ajax-Feyenoord cup match with my dad. Atmosphere was electric. I was going to splash the cash again if we got far in the EL and drew a good team but :(

CrunchyB

CrunchyB, you're a Twente fan? Why did you guys take Luka Djordjevic on loan if you're never going to play him? :(

We took him on because Castaignos sucks. But Djordjevic isn't any better. But he's still young and seems like a decent guy. I wouldn't mind if Twente bought him outright, but as a rented player it doesn't make sense to invest precious playing time

So much this. We miss a good striker for starters. Siggi can't finish for shit and Bojan is lazy fuck. De Jong has been injured a lot and is not a real striker anyways. And then Fischer is out of form for most of the season. [...]
But yeah, no one who really stands out. Schöne shots have been saving us from time to time.

Ajax peaked early this year. Normally this is around the time they start playing really well. But De Jong and Fischer have been shit all season and with Schöne injured...

I have faith, the 2 Feyenoord games(Twente-Feyenoord, Feyenoord-Ajax) will either decide the champion or make it even more exciting. I'm hoping for a Twente-Feyenoord draw :p

Feyenoord is tearing at the seams, I feel pretty good about that game, especially after schooling Vitesse last week.

Yeah, a draw and us sealing the deal in Rotterdam Zuid would be great. Twente still has to come to Amsterdam anyways.

I have less faith in that one. We won only twice since the Arena was built, in '05 and '00. It's consistently our worst match of the year. Last year was particularly embarrassing.

Linius

That's awesome. I went to the Ajax-Feyenoord cup match with my dad. Atmosphere was electric. I was going to splash the cash again if we got far in the EL and drew a good team but :(

I went too. I went with a Feyenoord fan, so it was a good night for me. He's actually on Gaf too but he rarely posts here. He did a great job acting, he was all like "come the fuck on, what is this shit" when Feyenoord scored the first goal :lol

And I was thinking of going to an EL game too if we had a decent opponent. I went to the supercup, two CL games, one league game and a cup game this season. So EL was the only competition left to complete my run for this season :p

I went too. I went with a Feyenoord fan, so it was a good night for me. He's actually on Gaf too but he rarely posts here. He did a great job acting, he was all like "come the fuck on, what is this shit" when Feyenoord scored the first goal :lol

And I was thinking of going to an EL game too if we had a decent opponent. I went to the supercup, two CL games, one league game and a cup game this season. So EL was the only competition left to complete my run for this season :p

I wish I had the money for CL, maybe next season. I've only been to the Utrecht match and Feyenoord this season. Thinking about going to the Twente game, it's gonna be gud.

Edit: it's already sold out fml

Linius

I wish I had the money for CL, maybe next season. I've only been to the Utrecht match and Feyenoord this season. Thinking about going to the Twente game, it's gonna be gud.

I was considering Twente but it's rather expensive and I've got some gigs and festivals coming up I need to pay for. Choices :(

But I can't complain. My mum works at ABN AMRO so I can see quite a few games for free. Last sunday I was at the Heerenveen game for free in 'vak 108'. I sat behind Riedewald in his neat Oger Ajax suit :p

I also had the chance of getting my picture taken with the actualy '95 CL cup before the Milan game. It has some perks if your mum works at one of the sponsors of your favourite club. And I'm a tennis fan too so free Rotterdam tournament tickets are very welcome as well.

I was considering Twente but it's rather expensive and I've got some gigs and festivals coming up I need to pay for. Choices :(

But I can't complain. My mum works at ABN AMRO so I can see quite a few games for free. Last sunday I was at the Heerenveen game for free in 'vak 108'. I sat behind Riedewald in his neat Oger Ajax suit :p

I also had the chance of getting my picture taken with the actualy '95 CL cup before the Milan game. It has some perks if your mum works at one of the sponsors of your favourite club. And I'm a tennis fan too so free Rotterdam tournament tickets are very welcome as well.

brb getting ABN AMRO job

Gentle Rodriguez is a great username

I need to change mine
Ironic, I've been thinking about getting it changed to something simple like yours. Also it's an incredibly obscure reference.
Her boss is head of sponsering. Couldn't wish for a better connection.

But I don't mind dropping some money on the club myself either. These Ajax - PSV ticks were 40 euros a piece. Football ain't cheap.

So worth the money though. That feel when the stadium erupts after a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom