• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

if this is the football thread

then why is this the very thread that exposed me to your balls

oh wait... foot... ball...
ZmyhDVx.png

You should shop Wilbur's butt into that one Southpark episode with the people with butts for a face

hahaha, that would actually work pretty well.

maybe kipless can post it.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think I've read an entire book since the last harry potter

this does not bode well for my english degree

have we exposed FF to wilbury's anus and the manginas in the whatsapp yet?

He's most certainly seen my asshole. Don't know if he's seen our pussies yet.

Yen

Playing the wolf among us almost makes me want to read fables.

Almost.

They are really good. Really fun. But the only comics I've read are TWD until about #70, Judge Dredd vol 1 (Quite campy), TDKR (alright, have only read haf of it), so what do I know about good comics.

I've sent this before but please understand.

The aging woman who sold barley sugar and Lucky Louse
magazines in the corner shop, which by tradition was not
strictly out of bounds, happened to hire a young helper, and
Cheshire, the son of a thrifty lord, quickly ascertained that
33.05 this fat little wench could be had for a Russian green dollar.
Van was one of the first to avail himself of her favors. These
were granted in semi-darkness, among crates and sacks at the
back of the shop after hours. The fact of his having told her
he was sixteen and a libertine instead of fourteen and a virgin proved a source of embarrassment to our hell-raker when
he tried to bluster his inexperience into quick action but only
succeeded in spilling on the welcome mat what she would have
gladly helped him to take indoors.

this is why you should read books.

They are really good. Really fun. But the only comics I've read are TWD until about #70, Judge Dredd vol 1 (Quite campy), TDKR (alright, have only read haf of it), so what do I know about good comics.

Never got into comics despite my dad having a hell lot, just always lost interest when I tried. :(

faridmon

I used to read a lot more before, but Internet have devoured and made me illiterate.
That and I have finished reading all of Agatha Christie books... thrice.

Salvadora

I listen to a lot of podcasts which are close to audio books shady already.
What podcasts do you listen to? I'm always looking for new ones.

These are the ones I regularly listen to:
  • Snap Judgement
  • This American Life
  • Hardcore History
  • Group Therapy Radio
  • 8-4
  • The Tuesday Club (a must listen for all Arsenal and non-Arsenal fans here)
  • Radiolab

These are the onesI regularly listen to:
  • Snap Judgement
  • This American Life
  • Hardcore History
  • Group Therapy Radio
  • 8-4
  • Radiolab

Dan Carlins Common Sense can also be worth a listen. I enjoy it at least when trying to fall asleep.

Yen

I used to read a lot more before, but Internet have devoured and made me illiterate.
That and I have finished reading all of Agatha Christie books... thrice.

I'm kinda the saame. Snce summer, fiction wise I have raed 2 books (ton of non fiction for uni though), but over the summer I would read about 20 novels. I have a pretty huge backlog as it is

faridmon

I'm kinda the saame. Snce summer, fiction wise I have raed 2 books (ton of non fiction for uni though), but over the summer I would read about 20 novels. I have a pretty huge backlog as it is

I wonder if the summer will feel the same as I am no longer a student now. Hope to actually read more and spend less on Neogaf and whatnot.

These are the ones I regularly listen to:
  • Snap Judgement
  • This American Life
  • Hardcore History
  • Group Therapy Radio
  • 8-4
  • Radiolab
Giantbomb of course
The Tested stuff. This is only a test for tech news and Still untitled the Adam Savage project because Adam Savage is a nice bloke.
Roosterteeth Podcast. Great fun, think I'd be hard getting into it if you don't already follow Roosterteeth stuff.
Mysterious Universe: the podcast for Meus for all your paranormal and tech news.
We're Alive: more like a radio show about a Zombie apocalypse. Production values are pretty high.

faridmon

Come to Denmark and we can share a hammocks in my garden while we read aloud for each other. I will make sangria.

Well, I am heading back to Norway this summer, so I would have said ''cool, lets do that'' except I am worried for my sanity.

I don't trust you one bit.

Solbakken worshipping is too much. I rather go back to my Satanist friends, than see you with him on T-shirt.

Wilbur

Banned
I like reading, but:

a) almost every single book we read for English in secondary school was pre-Modernism English gentrified cockrot
b) it's so time consuming
c) the majority of new fiction is unremarkable
d) it's so time consuming
e) being told I have to read a book for uni instead of wanting to read a book isn't good
f) it's so time consuming

arkon

I'm doing that GAF 50/50 challenge. 6 Books down and reading my 7th. Keeping a good pace so far. Mostly sci-fi and fantasy books with the occasional crime fiction thrown in. I'm tempted to try out The Disaster Artist. The few excerpts I've read on GAF have been hilarious. Movie-wise I've got nothing watched at all. Although I have a few lined up. I just never seem to get round to them.

Podcasts I listen to:

Football Weekly
Football Ramble
Uhh Yeah Dude
How Did This Get Made?
WTF with Marc Marron
The Tobolowsky Files
Radiolab

Hang on: Wooden, do you have any interest in by:Larm festival?

Nothing too much of my interest but I like going to any festivals. Also I actually went out with Deathcrush after Dillinger last summer for a beer, then I went home early to my hotel and jerked off cause I was sick with the flu.
i0L5wyK3Lah1z.png

Most likely going to either Northside (Nina Persson is playing, WAIFU) or Roskilde in the summer.

Slizz

Just re-read Fight Club, been reading a lot of Bourdain books both fiction and non.

Just recently got all the Bond books on my Kindle so I've been reading through those.

Also got I Am Zlatan I read from time to time, thats a slow burn. Anecdote or 2 and then I'm good.

bud

what are some of the most anticipated books that are coming out this year?

does anyone know of a good site i can visit that'll keep me up to date on that? i dunno, something like indiewire or /film or something for books.

I like reading, but:

a) almost every single book we read for English in secondary school was pre-Modernism English gentrified cockrot
b) it's so time consuming
c) the majority of new fiction is unremarkable
d) it's so time consuming
e) being told I have to read a book for uni instead of wanting to read a book isn't good
f) it's so time consuming

Read a book in one hand and flip chicken burgers in the other

Slizz

Forgot all about that. I've got some serious catching up to do.

Forrrr sure. Fraction works his magic.

Giving the new Punisher arc a try. Hawkeye of course, Nowhere Men, Brother Lono which is about to end and Sex Criminals. Waiting for more Francavila Black Beetle too, dunno what happened to that.

pulga

Banned
i'm trying to read "the Perks of Being a Wallflower" in italian since it seems simple enough to understand what's happening and practice the language

cutting down on the comics too, taking waaaay too much of my time I could better spend on more fruitful endeavors

goes back to watching Twitch Plays Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom