• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikarian

tumblr_n15h4teraa1shaydvo4_500.jpg

tumblr_n15h4teraa1shaydvo2_500.jpg

tumblr_n15h4teraa1shaydvo5_500.jpg

i'm trying to read "the Perks of Being a Wallflower" in italian since it seems simple enough to understand what's happening and practice the language

cutting down on the comics too, taking waaaay too much of my time I could better spend on more fruitful endeavors

goes back to watching Twitch Plays Pokemon

that was a terrible movie.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
post three of your favourite films, yurt.

please.

okay off the top of my head: Chinatown, Pulp Fiction and Fight Club.

this isn't my top 3, just three of my favourites :p

my top 3:

1-The New World 2-To The Wonder 3-Untitled Terrence Malick Project (written by) (post-production)

worst movie of all time: 1-Looper's 2nd half. 2-Trance 3-Looper's first half.

arkon

Forrrr sure. Fraction works his magic.

Giving the new Punisher arc a try. Hawkeye of course, Nowhere Men, Brother Lono which is about to end and Sex Criminals. Waiting for more Francavila Black Beetle too, dunno what happened to that.

From what I remember it's been delayed and no further announcements unless they have a solid release date, which probably means waiting until Francavilla has most of the series in the can before soliciting the early issues.

pulga

Banned

my top 3:

1-The New World 2-To The Wonder 3-Untitled Terrence Malick Project (written by) (post-production)

PULP FICTION

we share one yurty yurt <3

subtles

I'm currently reading Murakami's '1Q84' and 'Are you smart enough to work for Google?'.

Many of the Podcasts I listen to have already been mentioned but the following are also on my feed:

Intelligence Squared U.S Debates
Stuff You Missed in History Class
In Our Time
Porchlight Storytelling
Freakanomics
Love + Radio
etc

I don't follow them on an episode by episode basis necessarily, but they are all a good listen.

Slizz

From what I remember it's been delayed and no further announcements unless they have a solid release date, which probably means waiting until Francavilla has most of the series in the can before soliciting the early issues.
The first five were good but so simple due to the intro of the character. Left me fiending for more development.

Wilbur

Banned

my top 3:

worst movie of all time: 1-Looper's 2nd half. 2-Trance 3-Looper's first half.

all three of those films are amazing

looper's second half is a disgrace

Kikarian

Cannot wait for March. All those games.

HNNNNNNNNG

Edit: wooow just had de ja vu from this thread, like we've had this discussion before and the posts are in the exact same order as last time.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm currently reading Murakami's '1Q84' and 'Are you smart enough to work for Google?'.

Many of the Podcasts I listen to have already been mentioned but the following are also on my feed:

In Our Time
Porchlight Storytelling
Freakanomics
Love + Radio
etc

I don't follow them on an episode by episode basis necessarily, but they are all a good listen.

Stuff you missed in history class sounds interesting from the title. Problem is in history (understandably so) all we did was ww1 and 2, and then Tudor, georgian shit. British history.

I only found out the other day about why the Vietnam war started, with the navy boats that got sunk that apparently may not actually have sunk

well not started, but Johnson signed that thingy

bud

yurt, please.

pulp fiction isn't even god tier tarantino.
fight club isn't god tier fincher either.

please reassess some of your favourites.

Wilbur

Banned
My top ten films in a rough order (bearing in mind it's almost all american and i haven't seen 870000000 films I still want to see

The Shining
The Assassination Of Jesse James
The Godfather
Alien
Once Upon A Time In The West
Dog Day Afternoon
Apocalypse Now
The King Of Comedy
The Truman Show
Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship Of The Ring

Best Tarantino is Reservoir Dogs, best Fincher is Seven.

subtles

Stuff you missed in history class sounds interesting from the title. Problem is in history (understandably so) all we did was ww1 and 2, and then Tudor, georgian shit. British history.

I only found out the other day about why the Vietnam war started, with the navy boats that got sunk that apparently may not actually have sunk

The brilliant bit of this podcast is it generally covers topics that you wouldn't know about otherwise, even if you perused several history textbooks. Some of the most interesting topics are those from journals and other first hand accounts. The smile on your face when they are discussing topics you've never heard of is a pleasant sight. I really recommend you try it.

Wilbur

Banned
The brilliant bit of this podcast is it generally covers topics that you wouldn't know about otherwise, even if you perused several history textbooks. Some of the most interesting topics are those from journals and other first hand accounts. The smile on your face when they are discussing topics you've never heard of is a pleasant sight. I really recommend you try it.

I'll look into it, cheers man

bud

My top ten films in a rough order (bearing in mind it's almost all american and i haven't seen 870000000 films I still want to see

The Shining
The Godfather
Alien
Dog Day Afternoon
Apocalypse Now
The King Of Comedy
The Truman Show

jackie brown
zodiac

One of my all time favorite movies is a made for TV docu-drama. Don't judge me.

which one?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
yurt, please.

pulp fiction isn't even god tier tarantino.
fight club isn't god tier fincher either.

please reassess some of your favourites.
Oh I wasn't saying it was their best work :p

Se7en is still unparalleled to this day. Jtb was comparing it to True Detective the other day, and he's right, it's not even close.

What was Tarantino's best movie? Almost all of them are flawed gems. (except for the utter wank Death Proof)

Jackie Brown was way too classy.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Literally just finished Pulp Fiction for the first time, pretty good, not what I was expecting at all with the multiple intertwined stories. I am not a Tarantino fan but even I have to admit the film is vastly better than most others out there.

bud

Oh I wasn't saying it was their best work :p

Se7en is still unparalleled to this day. Jtb was comparing it to True Detective the other day, and he's right, it's not even close.

What was Tarantino's best movie? Almost all of them are flawed gems. (except for the utter wank Death Proof)

Jackie Brown was way too classy.

jb's his most mature work, i feel. doesn't devolve into the regular "hi i'm tarantino, don't i just write awesome quotable dialogue."

and i agree with your on dp although it worked better as a one-hour feature.

Wilbur

Banned
jb's his most mature work, i feel. doesn't devolve into the regular "hi i'm tarantino, don't i just write awesome quotable dialogue."

and i agree with your on dp although it worked better as a one-hour feature.

It's the least Tarantino film of all the Tarantino films. And I love as much Tarantino as I can get.

Django's really grown on me; I loved it on first viewing anyway but it might be my second favourite QT now. It's just so much fun.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Anyone seen Orange is the new black? What sort of show is it? Just finished House of Cards season 2 and I am looking for another show to sink my teeth into, I hear its comedy drama but im looking for something at least semi serious.

Wilbur

Banned
Anyone seen Orange is the new black? What sort of show is it? Just finished House of Cards season 2 and I am looking for another show to sink my teeth into, I hear its comedy drama but im looking for something at least semi serious.

From the few episodes I've seen it's really good, and is semi serious.

Anyone seen Orange is the new black? What sort of show is it? Just finished House of Cards season 2 and I am looking for another show to sink my teeth into, I hear its comedy drama but im looking for something semi serious.

A lesbian Co worker talked about how great it was. She said it was because it was the ultimate lesbian show though.

bud

it has its serious moments, but, overall, it's more lighthearted. starts out well, slows down a bit halfway through, picks up again towards the end. nothing amazing, but well worth the watch if you don't have anything else to check out.

watched the first episode of luther the other day. that was so campy. christ.

GorillaJu

The Shining
The Godfather
Alien
Dog Day Afternoon
Apocalypse Now
The King Of Comedy
The Truman Show

Diner
Pirates of Silicon Valley
The Big Lebowski
Remains of the Day
The Social Network
American Hustle
Pulp Fiction
The King of Comedy
Lost in Translation
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Oh fuck I forgot Zodiac. Shit. Okay, new list. Lock Stock is out, Zodiac is in.

Mr Cola

I should probably attempt to watch Game of thrones at some point, only reason I wont is because Sky ruins every season for me over here with their shitty spoiler filled ads, seems pointless watching when I know who lives and dies up to season 4 :(

Wilbur

Banned
The Big Lebowski
The Social Network
American Hustle
Pulp Fiction
The King of Comedy
Lost in Translation
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Seen these ones

Love four of them, really like one of them, quite like two of them.

edit: ooh well love Zodiac, now American Hustle is the only one that isn't great

In Our Time
Porchlight Storytelling
Freakanomics
Love + Radio
etc

1q84 is a great book. The best thing I have read in a longtime.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Don't waste your time. Trust me.
Drama/Comedy with LOST-esque backstory flashbacks. It's a decent show.

GorillaJu

it has its serious moments, but, overall, it's more lighthearted. starts out well, slows down a bit halfway through, picks up again towards the end. nothing amazing, but well worth the watch if you don't have anything else to check out.

this is about OITNB right?

It has it's moments but is up it's own ass too much for me, and just like Weeds I despise the main character.

It's still is worth watching. Entertaining for sure.

bud

Don't waste your time. Trust me.

yeah, i'll give it one more shot with episode two, but i doubt it'll do anything radically different.

this is about OITNB right?

It has it's moments but is up it's own ass too much for me, and just like Weeds I despise the main character.

It's still is worth watching. Entertaining for sure.

indeed. she's adorable. i forgot her name.

donna pinciotti's tits...
ZmyhDVx.png

GorillaJu

Seen these ones

Love four of them, really like one of them, quite like two of them.

edit: ooh well love Zodiac, now American Hustle is the only one that isn't great

Yeah including American Hustle in my all time favorites seems weird but I have to be honest with my feelings and admit it's just one of the best movies I've seen. I'm surprised you like the King of Comedy but not AH. I think they're pretty similar in a lot of ways.

Wilbur

Banned
yeah, i'll give it one more shot with episode two, but i doubt it'll do anything radically different.

First three or four episodes of Luther aren't that good, but five and six are really entertaining, and season two is nutso but well fun.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I should probably attempt to watch Game of thrones at some point, only reason I wont is because Sky ruins every season for me over here with their shitty spoiler filled ads, seems pointless watching when I know who lives and dies up to season 4 :(
DUDE! Watch GoT then!
Yurt, how did Juve play??? My phone died so the alarm didn't go off and I couldn't watxh it
Good enough with our B team! Should've ended the first half 3-0, at least.

2nd half was a train wreck :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom