• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

I should go to the gym so I can murder people like 3sixty

But I went before and all the men were muscly and all the women were hot and I was there in my baggy Juventus shirt like a cunt

lol I'd not been regularly in ages. It's the most depressing thing how fitness and strength deteriorates 100x faster than you gain it.

Parmos need to be perfect. If the underside is soggy itmakes me want to cry. Big risk

It makes me want to cry knowing you could just go get one at anytime.

North East wins again.

What I Talk About When I Talk About Running is a memoir on his dedication to running, an interesting look at a very private person.

Kafka on the Shore was the first book I read of his and is generally considered to be his best novel. It certainly is my favorite (Murakami novel). It's even better if you're familiar with the work of Franz Kafka.

After this I'd suggest you read his short stories as they contain some of his best work. I kid you not when I say Murakami is at his best when he does short stories. You should then conclude by reading his other novels in chronological order whenever you find the time.

Cool thanks, i have read a couple of Kafka books so will defo give that read. :)

That feeling of self-consciousness is what I can't stand about gyms. I made my own kettle bell at home by putting water bottles filled with tap water in a recyclable shopping bag. Just doing some kettle bell work outs at home, if I end up feeling the results and getting into the habit I'll buy a real one but they're fucking expensive here so I don't wanna invest if I'm just gonna stick it in the corner and never use it.

I have legs like toothpicks. Even my girlfriend has more beef on her thighs and she's tiny. It's too embarrassing to go to the gym with.

Does your girlfriend still take your waywt photos?

I should go to the gym so I can murder people like 3sixty

But I went before and all the men were muscly and all the women were hot and I was there in my baggy Juventus shirt like a cunt

Don't worry about it. I started a new gym this week after gaining 20 kg in the last 14 months
had shed half of it of running for my Nike10k but winter was brutal
Sure I am not in the best shape right now but that is what going to the gym is all about. You got to start somewhere and if you stick with it will be you who is one of the muscly men.

Everyone is there because they want to improve their body.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Just finished reservoir dogs, not bad, not great either, liked Pulp fiction significantly more, it felt a bit like a tv movie, a good one but still.

Barzul

I kid you not Sky makes a point of ruining every season when promoting the next one, I know more about this god damn show than people who have read the books, I got a thing about knowing what happens in shows like this, feels like im wasting my time when there is no tension. Now, granted, I could be wrong and the journey is good, but its a hurdle to get over.
Lol you don't, as someone who has read the books and watches the show there's so much yet to happen. Watch the show it's great television.

Barzul

GRRM is such a lazy writer. The show will be finished before we get winds of winter.He spends half his time blogging about nfl games and attending award shows.Needs to focus on his writing I almost think the show was a bad idea. Made him even more lazy.

nacimento

eFw9DAr.gif
FvX4VJB.gif

Arsene pls

He's becoming crazy and delluded. So many trophyless years have taken a toll on him.

Mastadon

Banned
GRRM is such a lazy writer. The show will be finished before we get winds of winter.He spends half his time blogging about nfl games and attending award shows.Needs to focus on his writing I almost think the show was a bad idea. Made him even more lazy.

It's okay, Brandon Sanderson can finish it up for him when he dies.

I want to start reading The Wheel of Time but fourteen books seems a bit much at the moment.

Not worth it. I started it as a child so I felt obliged to drag myself through the tedious bloat of its second half. If you must read a fantasy series, go read something complete and intelligent like Joe Abercrombie's First Law trilogy, China Mieville's New Crobuzon novels or Daniel Abraham's Long Price Quartet.

subtles

Not worth it. I started it as a child so I felt obliged to drag myself through the tedious bloat of its second half. If you must read a fantasy series, go read something complete and intelligent like Joe Abercrombie's First Law trilogy, China Mieville's New Crobuzon novels or Daniel Abraham's Long Price Quartet.

I've already read those (except for Mieville, I'll check it out).

If it isn't worth it I won't bother. I just hear many people raving about it.

GorillaJu

Rodgers recently hit the 50% win rate with Liverpool, which is a nice landmark in his career. Obviously the loss to Arsenal dropped it back down but he's clearly got the club on an upward trajectory. What a guy.

FootballFan

5nB2BhLl.jpg

Interesting.

Very different times, squads, opposition etc.

Rafa did amazing things with his Liverpool prior to their dip.

Brentan Rodgers is building something special now as well. Whether Brentan can guide Liverpool to success is of course still open for debate. But they have been magnificent to watch this season and hopefully continue to be so in the upcoming years.

subtles

My only issue with Brendan is that he has yet to show proper in-game tactical management, but I'm really happy we have him regardless. I can't think of another realistic manager I'd rather have at the moment. (Favre aside)

I really loved the special wins under Rafa but I'll be damned if we haven't had a few under Brendan already.

My only issue with Brendan is that he has yet to show proper in-game tactical management, but I'm really happy we have him regardless. I can't think of another realistic manager I'd rather have at the moment. (Favre aside)

I really loved the special wins under Rafa but I'll be damned if we haven't had a few under Brendan already.

The only mid-game major tactical switch I recall was against Villa, but that was an obvious switch necessitated by his own mammoth fuckup in having Gerrard on his own protecting our defense in the first place.

Still have a bit of a habit of seemingly turning up to games after a good win expecting an easy win as well, so he could maybe work a bit on keeping the team's focus.

Also, needs to do some work on having us impose ourselves on games away from home. A slightly differently sized pitch, longer travel time and less fans supporting us at the game is no excuse for the large disparity in our home and away form. I think our away form all season is positively midtable.

Still, clear progress so can't whinge too much. Think it's worth sacrificiing Studge a bit to make sure Suarez gets on the scoresheet against Swansea. Could do with both getting a bit of goalscoring momentum going in to the final phase of the season.

Chelsea vs Everton coming at a great time for us, need to capitalise against Swansea

subtles

The only mid-game major tactical switch I recall was against Villa, but that was an obvious switch necessitated by his own mammoth fuckup in having Gerrard on his own protecting our defense in the first place.

Still have a bit of a habit of seemingly turning up to games after a good win expecting an easy win as well, so he could maybe work a bit on keeping the team's focus.

Also, needs to do some work on having us impose ourselves on games away from home. A slightly differently sized pitch, longer travel time and less fans supporting us at the game is no excuse for the large disparity in our home and away form. I think our away form all season is positively midtable.

Still, clear progress so can't whinge too much. Think it's worth sacrificiing Studge a bit to make sure Suarez gets on the scoresheet against Swansea. Could do with both getting a bit of goalscoring momentum going in to the final phase of the season.

Chelsea vs Everton coming at a great time for us, need to capitalise against Swansea

This alone has me doubtful. We always seem to drop the ball when we need a result but I'm hoping the Arsenal loss will motivate the team. It seems we're getting Johnson back this week which is another plus.

The discrepancy in our Home-Away form is indeed the biggest thing he'll have to address, as that is what currently separates us from the other top sides. It's quite frankly appalling that we can impose our game in one stadium but suffer to string a few passes together in any other. There are many theories as to why but hopefully he can get it sorted.

If Rodgers can somehow acquire that bit of tactical nous that is needed at the top of the game we'll have quite the manager on our hands.

I hope he does another interview like this in the future.

subtles

Looking back at the team we had when Rodgers first came in and looking at the team now is some mind bending exercise. I can't believe that was the team we were fielding.

What do you guys prefer, The Bridge (original), The Bridge (American remake) or The Tunnel? I think I'd find constant subtitles offputting, and wasn't too impressed with what I saw of The Tunnel, so am leaning towards the American version.

@subtles, it annoys me that we're probably going to reward Dnipro's chairman for cunting it up in January by buying Konoplyanka anyway without a discount for putting up with him apparently ignoring the paperwork and agreements, wasting our time, money, and chance to make a signing

subtles

What do you guys prefer, The Bridge (original), The Bridge (American remake) or The Tunnel? I think I'd find constant subtitles offputting, and wasn't too impressed with what I saw of The Tunnel, so am leaning towards the American version.

@subtles, it annoys me that we're probably going to reward Dnipro's chairman for cunting it up in January by buying Konoplyanka anyway without a discount for putting up with him apparently ignoring the paperwork and agreements, wasting our time, money, and chance to make a signing

Bgm9DxtIYAIIsaZ.jpg:large

If we make the Champions League we'll be spending big according to the Wrap, presumably on other targets. If he's the right player for us then screw whatever shenanigans their chairman came up with if we get our target.

Just remember, Ian Ayre is always monitoring.

GorillaJu

Good interview in the Echo, indeed. It's funny to see it in plain writing - Suarez has never missed a single game through injury since joining Liverpool, but apparently he's willing to play through pain, and I'd imagine his threshold is pretty high when you see his desire to play at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom