• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Sam and Ravel case continues.

This whole thing with Big Sam and his agent seems decidedly dodgy, but Ravel's agent is a proper shit stirring wrong'un who has convinced Morrison that he's his "mate" first and agent second. If Sam suggested Ravel switch over to Curtis (which he firmly denies doing), it would be because Curtis has become the preferred agent of our current ownership. For whatever reason, they like working with him, whereas Ravel's agent managed to do something to become so disliked by the Daves that Karen Brady had him banned from the training ground. In response, he repeatedly slated us on twitter, questioning why any player would want to play for a Big Sam side, yet come January he was trying to get another of his clients (Max Gradel) to sign for us, while simultaneously trying to engineer a move away to Fulham for Ravel.

Anyways, Ravel can do one. At the end of the day he didn't have the stones to fight for his place against an ageing Matt Taylor, went on de-facto strike with a mysterious and, apparently undetectable, injury when he didn't get his move to Fulham, as well as repeatedly throwing his toys out of the pram throughout his West Ham tenure because Sam refused to play him in Nolan's role behind the striker. Not the sort of mentality you want in a relegation struggle.

dc89

Reminds me of this years Arsenal talk. "But but last year we beat you in Munich". Don't live in the past, DC!

I don't live in the past. Only clubs with no future cling to their history and past.

---

Talking about the past :lol

Graham Hunter says there is substance behind the renewed Isco and City talk. TXIKI PLS.

L1NETT

Ibe gone to Brum on loan then

Clark must have brought in nearly four cities worth of loans.

Carson Yeung gotta be up there in Venkies/Allam/Tan territory

Wilbur

Banned
I had a dream Moyes was sacked and I woke up and went running for my phone to find it

alas

Seeing The Lego Movie this afternoon. Hope it lives up to the hype.

It's brilliant, enjoy man.

Masta, I thought the trailers looked a bit guff too, but it's really good.

Rooney contract done by today?

ibbaRRaKnKXTRp.gif

bud23

Pep on his free day:

"I had breakfast with my wife and then I watched the first 30 minutes of the Arsenal game"

"Being pleased is not a good word for a coach. But the team understands my ideas more and more."

Bayern invincible? "No" says Pep. "We will lose at least once this season. I'm sure."

Guardiola is amazing, he is not only a great coach but also a fascinating philosopher, almost a true prophet. I imagine him like a sane and functional version of Rust Cohle. Beautiful, smart, interesting.. he is perfect. What a man, truly the guy who United need. Ferguson 2.0.

You guys are kings in your own little world, playing against semi-amateur teams every weekend, and against teams like Arsenal during the week. But someday you will face a real team and you will realize the falsehood of the dream that you have created yourself.

Guardiola is a fake prophet. Remember, I warned you.

Linius

Guardiola is amazing, he is not only a great coach but also a fascinating philosopher, almost a true prophet. I imagine him like a sane and functional version of Rust Cohle. Beautiful, smart, interesting.. he is perfect. What a man, truly the guy who United need. Ferguson 2.0.

You guys are kings in your own little world, playing against semi-amateur teams every weekend, and against teams like Arsenal during the week. But someday you will face a real team and you will realize the falsehood of the dream that you have created yourself.

R6fWIE5.png

subtles

tumblr_mfhxzrk47G1rkbmr6o2_400.gif

Bane: Of course!

I'm really quite angry we're doing this.

It makes no sense to give him the contract right now. It should be done in the summer so United can gain leverage. There's a rumor that Cavani will go to Chelsea. If that happens, Rooney loses leverage.

Fuck you Moyes and Woodward.

LegoArmo

Not a 5 year, 300k one. We've bowed down to Rooney for years now.

Exactly, it's too late to go back now. Don't think Moyes could survive United losing their "biggest" and arguably most important player.

50k extra, the money's nothing to United, they'll just get a new toothpaste sponsor or something.

Exactly, it's too late to go back now. Don't think Moyes could survive United losing their "biggest" and arguably most important player.

50k extra, the money's nothing to United, they'll just get a new toothpaste sponsor or something.

Last season people were saying RVP was our most important player and that he was flat out a better striker than Rooney. People were saying Mata was the best no. 10 in the league. All of that has gone out the window now? How important is Rooney really? If United promised to make big signings over the summer, how important will Rooney be at that point in time? Kill his leverage United ffs.

Wilbur

Banned

It will when there's a fat 34 year old Rooney cocking around on the bench and all new signings are pointing to him when they're in contract discussions.

GorillaJu

Rooney contract done by today?

ibbaRRaKnKXTRp.gif

I hate that fucking gif. I get teary-eyed every time someone posts it. Poor little feller :( I seriously have to tell myself that he's probably okay, he's definitely forgot about this and he's going to be a world champion for whatever talent it is he was showing.

Clegg

Pellegrini has bitched out. Says he has no problem with the referee who officiated the Barca game.

Full on reverse.

Pellegrini has bitched out. Says he has no problem with the referee who officiated the Barca game.

Full on reverse.

Well if it's just some casual Swedish racism and not him criticizing the ref then it's alright. Lets be real here, nobody wants to see Swedes on tv or in person.

Salvadora

It will when there's a fat 34 year old Rooney cocking around on the bench and all new signings are pointing to him when they're in contract discussions.
Fucking el'.

He's your best player by a country mile and a big brand (as well as earning United lots of money). Disrespectful little cunt, sure, but as a piece of business, it ain't a bad one.

LegoArmo

That could happen, but Rooney's probably in the best shape since he arrived this season and has been one of few performers on the pitch. If he can keep himself in shape, he'll have no problems performing into his mid-30s. I don't think he's ever let off the field issues or money effect his on the pitch performances negatively.

Rumours Van Persie isn't happy at United now and might be off in the summer, too. Selling Rooney would be "accepting".

Wilbur

Banned
Fucking el'.

He's your best player by a country mile and a big brand (as well as earning United lots of money). Disrespectful little cunt, sure, but as a piece of business, it ain't a bad one.

By a country mile?

RVP is a better striker, Mata is a better number ten.

Wilbur

Banned
But Mata isn't playing as a number 10.

He should be. He's being shafted for a lesser player in that role. Half of Rooney's great strengths as a player is how adaptable he is, but we now have better players in the positions he's good in.

It's not even about selling him; as KidA says, wait until fucking summer when Chelsea and Madrid sign someone and he has no fucking leverage.

LegoArmo

Van Persie's not reliable and not long for this world. Rooney either gets this money at United, or gets that money at Chelsea, or City, or Real Madrid, and wins titles while cashing that cheque. We might not like it, but that's the way football is, and if United want to stay competitive, they have to compete with those teams with wages, agent fees, signing on bonuses. It's an ugly world, but eh, they can afford it.

I don't think he cares about leverage, he'd happily see out his contract, pick up his loyalty bonus and leave for free the year after. Think of that huge signing on bonus he'd get then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom