• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are the worst

If it ain't at least partially English, I don't give a fuck

dn16418-5_500.jpg

Christ, Alex Turner came across as a tit at the Brits. Like Liam Gallagher without the charisma (well, charisma Liam Gallagher used to have in the 90s)

Reminded me of Joey Barton when he was doing his psuedo-philosophical shite on twitter.

Good interview in the Echo, indeed. It's funny to see it in plain writing - Suarez has never missed a single game through injury since joining Liverpool, but apparently he's willing to play through pain, and I'd imagine his threshold is pretty high when you see his desire to play at all times.

For a player who purposefully puts himself in positions numerous times a match where his intention is to take a boot to the shin/calf/thigh and draw a foul, that is astounding. Especially when combined with his workrate

subtles

Levy paid 30 million for this scrub. Undeserved reputation as an expert negotiator methinks.

When you look at what City paid for Negredo I'd be inclined to agree. He never was an 'expert' negotiator per se, rather a pain in the ass to negotiate with. Getting a good deal out of him is generally a nightmare. I have no idea what happened with his latest deals.

I can't however fault his business acumen, he's done some surprising things at Spurs.

Blablurn

For the last two seasons it was "LOL City. Out at the group stage again"

This. Is. Progress.

Mangala and Fernando will make it all go away!

Reminds me of this years Arsenal talk. "But but last year we beat you in Munich". Don't live in the past, DC!

Walshy

Just seen the Soldado miss, the guy can't buy a goal at the moment. What has happened to him at Spurs? He was really good for Valencia last season and was the first choice striker for the Spanish national team.

Is he the flop of the season? £26m for a player who seems to only score pens.

sohois

Just seen the Soldado miss, the guy can't buy a goal at the moment. What has happened to him at Spurs? He was really good for Valencia last season and was the first choice striker for the Spanish national team.

Lamela is probably an even bigger flop than Soldado. Jovetic also, at least Soldado actually plays. Fellaini an outside chance as well

confuziz

Banned
Ajaxlol. Eredivisie is terrible.

At least Ludogorets won against Lazio. Makes the double loss for PSV against them a little less painful.

Arnie

I had a bet on, too. Fucking pile of guff.

Spurs' summer business was by far a worse waste of resources than our 18 months of spending under Kenny. And we signed Charlie fucking Adam.

Zabojnik

Lamela is probably an even bigger flop than Soldado. Jovetic also, at least Soldado actually plays. Fellaini an outside chance as well

Soldado, sure. Lamela, fine. But Jovetic barely even played so far. Disappointment, yeah. Flop is too harsh.

All three have what it takes to make it in the best league in the world, imo, they just need some extra time and/or slightly different circumstances. Though I'll admit I never rated Lamela.

Walshy

I don't think I've seen Lamela play a full game for Spurs yet and I remember hearing rumours of how he didn't want to be sold to Spurs anyhow.

Jovetic's injury problems were well documented before his move to City, but with unlimited funds, it doesn't exactly harm her.

Fellaini has looked out of his depth so far, but his best position for Everton last season was behind the striker, and that position is occupied by Mata and Rooney.

Spurs' summer business was by far a worse waste of resources than our 18 months of spending under Kenny. And we signed Charlie fucking Adam.
To be fair, Eriksen and Chiricheș look good players, especially the later.

Paulinho hasn't really lived up to the hype and Capoue has been frozen out by Sherwood.

They should of spent the Bale money a bit more wisely.

Hixx

@SkySportsNews 46s
Shrewsbury appoint Michael Jackson as manager until the end of the season #SSN

@SkySportsNews 32s
First photo of new Shrewsbury boss Michael Jackson at his press conference #SSN

Linius

Bg_Ek6NCYAIuzYL.png:large

Top Chinese social media table of European clubs.
Welp, China is full of glory hunters.

Ajax is very active in China with their PR. We even have a Chinese player in the academy now. He won a football talent TV show which got him his spot :p

Blablurn

Pep on his free day:

"I had breakfast with my wife and then I watched the first 30 minutes of the Arsenal game"

"Being pleased is not a good word for a coach. But the team understands my ideas more and more."

Bayern invincible? "No" says Pep. "We will lose at least once this season. I'm sure."

Linius

Pep on his free day:

"I had breakfast with my wife and then I watched the first 30 minutes of the Arsenal game"

"Being pleased is not a good word for a coach. But the team understands my ideas more and more."

Bayern invincible? "No" says Pep. "We will lose at least once this season. I'm sure."

In Munchen to Arsenal you will lose. It's bound to happen.

3Sixty

Manchester United are tracking Southampton's highly-rated teenage midfielder Harrison Reed.

Old Trafford scouts have watched the 19-year-old, who has made five appearances - four as a substitute, and starting December's League Cup loss to Sunderland - for Saints this season and is tipped for the very top.

Reed is the latest rising star to come through at the south coast club after Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Luke Shaw, and champions United could move for him this summer.

-------

loooool

Pretty sure that is officially every player linked with a move away in the summer.

Linius

Manchester United are tracking Southampton's highly-rated teenage midfielder Harrison Reed.

Old Trafford scouts have watched the 19-year-old, who has made five appearances - four as a substitute, and starting December's League Cup loss to Sunderland - for Saints this season and is tipped for the very top.

Reed is the latest rising star to come through at the south coast club after Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Luke Shaw, and champions United could move for him this summer.

-------

loooool

Pretty sure that is officially every player linked with a move away in the summer.

I know dat feel

It's a sad world when you support a sellers club.

Kassu

Banned
Btw, today is the viking battle in icehockey. Panty Vs. Suen.
Don't remind me about it, Finnish media is already unbearable because we won against Russia. And they're still talking about last Winter Olympics.

I don't care about ice hockey at all. Would rather watch West Ham-Fulham than that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom