• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

By a country mile?

RVP is a better striker, Mata is a better number ten.

RVP is back to being made of glass.

dailyrecord.jpg

(and honestly hasn't looked himself pretty much all season, for whatever reason).

Van Persie's not reliable and not long for this world. Rooney either gets this money at United, or gets that money at Chelsea, or City, or Real Madrid, and wins titles while cashing that cheque. We might not like it, but that's the way football is, and if United want to stay competitive, they have to compete with those teams with wages, agent fees, signing on bonuses. It's an ugly world, but eh, they can afford it.

No other club is going to give that fat cunt 300k a week.

0935C8E209C24FB0B02456F95AC0ED28.ashx

LegoArmo

No other club is going to give that fat cunt 300k a week.
Eh, I think they would. You must believe he wanted out of United for reasons other than money then?

Rooney has consistently for 10 years been one of the best players in the Premier League and Europe. Cunt he might be, but still.

sohois

By a country mile?

RVP is a better striker, Mata is a better number ten.

When he's been at his very best Rooney is definitely better than both of those players. I recall during the 09-10 season Rooney was generally spoken of as one of the best players in the world. It was only two seasons ago that he was hitting 27 premier league goals.

Wilbur

Banned
When he's been at his very best Rooney is definitely better than both of those players. I recall during the 09-10 season Rooney was generally spoken of as one of the best players in the world. It was only two seasons ago that he was hitting 27 premier league goals.

As a main striker he's fantastic. I still think RVP is better, but if he was to leave this summer and we played Rooney up top and Mata behind, that would be alright in the short term.

As a number ten, he doesn't have the skill set. He doesn't look to thread the ball through to the striker, he isn't quick enough on the turn, he sometimes drops too deep and leaves RVP isolated.

LegoArmo

So, 2 years from now, Rooney will be United's all time top goal-scorer, and everyone hates the cunt.

Any other club have a similar situation to that?

sohois

So, 2 years from now, Rooney will be United's all time top goal-scorer, and everyone hates the cunt.

Any other club have a similar situation to that?

Probably not with all-time top goalscorers, but plenty of players who would have been legends at their clubs but ended up hated because of transfers. Like RVP and Arsenal, for one. Or Torres and Liverpool.

dc89

Pellegrini has bitched out. Says he has no problem with the referee who officiated the Barca game.

Full on reverse.

We need him to simmer down. Go back to the calm Engineer. The quiet and thoughtful man. The holistic gent.

Do that and we a treble.

Walshy

Rooney will probably get the contract and the armband. Such is the state of football.
A scouser being the captain of United. Doesn't really go does it?

In other news, Jordon Ibe has gone on loan for the rest of the season to Birmingham. Hopefully he gets consistent playing time.

subtles

A scouser being the captain of United. Doesn't really go does it?

In other news, Jordon Ibe has gone on loan for the rest of the season to Birmingham. Hopefully he gets consistent playing time.

The fact that they're so desperate to keep a scouser is odd enough.

Some points that have been mentioned:

Rooney will now be on higher wages than Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling combined.

When the finances surrounding this deal are taken into account, they could buy a player for £40M and pay them £200K p/w for 4 years as an alternative.

TeddyBoy

That's a good move for Ibe, he wasn't going to get any game time now that we're only still in the league and he needs to get proper experience. A case of 'too good for under 21s, too raw for the premier league'.

Not quite sure who will take his place on the bench mind, but I suppose since we never actually brought him off the bench to do anything it's a little unimportant.

arkon

GRRM is such a lazy writer. The show will be finished before we get winds of winter.He spends half his time blogging about nfl games and attending award shows.Needs to focus on his writing I almost think the show was a bad idea. Made him even more lazy.

I don't think it made him more lazy. He got spurred on to complete Dance at least, and apparently is making decent progress on Winds. I'd say it made him more motivated to complete the series. Whether he will is another matter. If he doesn't the TV show will have the ending assuming it doesn't get cancelled before that point. He doesn't want anyone else to finish off the books from what I remember as well. I think I've also read that he's sorted out most of his other projects or held them off so he could concentrate fully on Winds, but he's not going to give updates on the status like he did with Dance. He'll just post when it's finished.

Not worth it. I started it as a child so I felt obliged to drag myself through the tedious bloat of its second half. If you must read a fantasy series, go read something complete and intelligent like Joe Abercrombie's First Law trilogy, China Mieville's New Crobuzon novels or Daniel Abraham's Long Price Quartet.

Yes! One of my favourite series in recent years.

pulga

Banned
Ungrateful little shites, you'd been long gone in the Championship without Wayne Rooney keeping your sorry-ass rag tag bunch of excuses for football players afloat.

Bend the knee to WR10, Manchester United Legend.

GorillaJu

God damn HOC s2 is just ... unbelievable. It was very good, not incredible, but just watching
everyone and everything with any goodness in it just be crushed into powder is horrible. Walker and his wife, Doug, Rachel's relationship with Lisa. I hate Frank with all my heart.

bjaelke

Ibe going out on loan and Suso wanting to extend his? Good news I suppose.
God damn HOC s2 is just ... unbelievable. It was very good, not incredible, but just watching
everyone and everything with any goodness in it just be crushed into powder is horrible. Walker and his wife, Doug, Rachel's relationship with Lisa. I hate Frank with all my heart.

But that's the only good thing about the show.

Scum

Ungrateful little shites, you'd been long gone in the Championship without Wayne Rooney keeping your sorry-ass rag tag bunch of excuses for football players afloat.

Bend the knee to WR10, Manchester United Legend.
Morning, pulga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom