• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Kagawa was good enough for Borussia Dortmund so really he should be good enough for United. Maybe not suited to the Premier League and definitely not suited to our style of play, but calling into question his quality is a bit far.

I don't like Rooney, I don't like that he's going to be paid so much money by us, I don't like that he'll be our captain, I don't like that he'll be our top scorer. He has fucked over the club time and time again and we're stupid enough to let it keep happening.

BEND
Wayne-Rooney-Scores-Goal-Premier-League-season-20112012-3022655.jpg

THE
Wayne-Rooney-badge-kiss-v-Everton_13846291-700x525.jpg

KNEE
Wayne-Rooney-Manchester-U-007.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Jupp

Rooney didn't even play in our 1-1 draw at Shakhtar; he was neither in the starting line up or on the bench.

We offered nothing away at Sociedad until Rooney came off, RVP and Young came on and we missed a pen and had a few chances.

He was good at home against Sociedad and in both Leverkusen games. He was not the only reason we qualified, and this is just more evidence to put on the growing case file that you have the shittest opinions since Frygate 2k13

I know a few Coventry fans actually that also like Arsenal or Chelsea or Liverpool; they have a Prem team to follow and their real team, but they make the distinction clear between support and follow.

Having grown up in and around Coventry I can't relate to this. If any Cov fan did say they supported another team it was always in the foreign leagues. Although there was somebody who used to sit in front of me at home games who used to wear different shirts every match. He once wore a Leicester shirt to a Coventry game. Brave lad.

GorillaJu

Got close family out there, been there like 5 times. Fucking boss place.

If I get the chance/money I would looooove to live there.

God, tell me about it. I go back home and get a taste about once a year (I live in Japan now) and it's pure bliss. One of these days I'll convince the lady friend to move back with me.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd hold those "Bundesliga is shit" comments back until it's clear that the EPL teams don't crash out again.

Well assuming Chelsea and United are the favourites for their ties, and Dortmund and Bayern are for theirs

That's two each in the quarter finals. And three Spanish teams. And one French.

and no italian #injustica

Having grown up in and around Coventry I can't relate to this. If any Cov fan did say they supported another team it was always in the foreign leagues. Although there was somebody who used to sit in front of me at home games who used to wear different shirts every match. He once wore a Leicester shirt to a Coventry game. Brave lad.

Yeah, it's odd that it's the same country I think, but I guess it could give you a tad more impetus to watch the PL (if I'm stretching for an argument).

Palace vs Man Utd is going to be such an intriguing match

Will Pulis look at their attacking wealth and set up for full defense?
Will he look at their weakness and go for the win?

The answer to that will say a lot about how this Man Utd team is currently viewed by other managers, and whether there is any semblance of a fear-factor left. Even with Mata, RVP and Rooney back, teams seem to be going into your games thinking a win is very doable.

Kikarian

so nothing important
Yeah

Palace vs Man Utd is going to be such an intriguing match

The answer to that will say a lot about how this Man Utd team is currently viewed by other managers, and whether there is any semblance of a fear-factor left. Even with Mata, RVP and Rooney back, teams seem to be going into your games thinking a win is very doable.
Teams go into matches against us expecting to AT LEAST draw now. There's no fear factor left.

We're too predictable for teams to be worrying about Mata, Rooney, RVP. They know how we utilise them, let alone the wingers.

Wilbur

Banned
well thats the fucking problem innit

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02103/Wayne-Rooney_PA_2103451c.jpg[/IM]

bend the knee[/QUOTE]

he didn't play in a good away draw

"the only reason you qualified"

[quote="The_Hitcher89, post: 101722850"]Palace vs Man Utd is going to be such an intriguing match

The answer to that will say a lot about how this Man Utd team is currently viewed by other managers, and whether there is any semblance of a fear-factor left. Even with Mata, RVP and Rooney back, teams seem to be going into your games thinking a win is very doable.[/QUOTE]

We're going to lose 1-0 to a Jason Puncheon thundercunt

Salvadora

I'd hold those "Bundesliga is shit" comments back until it's clear that the EPL teams don't crash out again.
To be fair, it would make no difference.

Bayern and Dortmund are known quantities that everyone accounts for. Arsenal and City (the two teams from the EPL to probably go out), aren't being knocked out by Mickey Mouse teams, they're being knocked out by Bayern and Barcelona.

pulga

Banned
wayne-rooney-kick-goal-o.gif

epic goal, and one of the most memorable celebrations I've ever seen

wayne-rooney-united-city-1.jpg

UNITED WAYNE SUPREME

JUST BEND THE KNEE ALREADY

y wud u naim urself arfta a Chilis song when they'd already become shit? :(

Should have been called SirPsychoSexy

I quite like Fortune Faded

What's Frusciante up to these days anyway, since The Mars Volta are dead (I think)

Yeah, it's odd that it's the same country I think, but I guess it could give you a tad more impetus to watch the PL (if I'm stretching for an argument).

I've never understood why people have to support a individual team to watch a sport. Most people in the UK that watch the NFL always seem to have a team which they follow for some arbitrary reason (they were the first team I saw, etc). It's simply not necessary. Watching United lose every week is impetus enough to watch the EPL.

Slizz

wayne-rooney-kick-goal-o.gif

epic goal, and one of the most memorable celebrations I've ever seen

wayne-rooney-united-city-1.jpg

UNITED WAYNE SUPREME

JUST BEND THE KNEE ALREADY

I really fucking enjoyed that no doubt.

Almost made me want a Rooney kit after the celebration. Got a blank one instead.

Danchi

I've never understood why people have to support a individual team to watch a sport. Most people in the UK that watch the NFL always seem to have a team which they follow for some arbitrary reason (they were the first team I saw, etc). It's simply not necessary. Watching United lose every week is impetus enough to watch the EPL.

I think the same.

FW is a bit rubbish without Jimbo, the other guy just isn't as funny or good at knitting it together.

Euro Football Show seemed kind of awkward at times too.

Kikarian

The thing I love about being a United fan, is how everyone hates us. We go to their ground and every man and their dog turns up.

Salvadora

I find foreign leagues difficult to watch because I don't have any emotional attachment to the teams.

Ditto to an extent with international Football too.

The thing I love about being a United fan, is how everyone hates us. We go to their ground and every man and their dog turns up.

Its weird because aside from Liverpool and City, who obviously have a fuck-tonne of bitter resentment based on location and history, I'm not entirely sure why the likes of Norwich hate you aside from boredom with your sustained success.

Wilbur

Banned
I find foreign leagues difficult to watch because I don't have any emotional attachment to the teams.

So do you find say, Southampton vs Everton a difficult watch too?

Its weird because aside from Liverpool and City, who obviously have a fuck-tonne of bitter resentment based on location and history, I'm not entirely sure why the likes of Norwich hate you aside from boredom with your sustained success.

Well I fucking hate Norwich back

Anonymous foreskins, fuck off to the Championship so teams like Forest and Derby can come up pls

Napoli (for one reason only, 2 if you include Reina), Atletico, Valencia, Bayer (for one reason only), Dortmund, Almeria (lol) and Sporting are the only foreign clubs I like. I also prefer Ajax not to win the league, just to spice things up a bit.

And my like of all of them is subject to change within a single moment, or sacking :p

Danchi

It seems a pretty universal thing to support the underdog so that the most successful clubs are disliked by neutrals isn't particularly surprising. It's not hatred. I don't think people really care that much.

Well I fucking hate Norwich back

Anonymous foreskins, fuck off to the Championship so teams like Forest and Derby can come up pls

I think we may have driven that Norwich fan away by constantly calling them a nothing-club. Perhaps there are a million Fulham fans lurking, unwilling to get involved :p

Salvadora

United are the most widely supported side in the country, so maybe those Norwich fans know United fans personally which builds resentment.

Makes sense as an explanation.
So do you find say, Southampton vs Everton a difficult watch too?
Weirdly, no.

But that's possibly because I do feel connected towards those teams in many ways (such as exposure, competition etc).

Slizz

What Norwich fan?!

There was a Norwich fan?!

Dude he had the logo as his avatar. Posted quite a bit when they got promoted, way to scare him away.

Swans guy used to post a lot too and had the swan as his avatar and now he barely posts.

Kikarian

And half of them support United.

I think a lot of hate comes from people that they live with glory-supporting United whilst they support their cities team.
There is a lot of people who glory support us, but that doesn't warrant the fact why they clubs fill their stadiums etc when we play.

It seems a pretty universal thing to support the underdog so that the most successful clubs are disliked by neutrals isn't particularly surprising. It's not hatred. I don't think people really care that much.
They care enough to do the Poznan when we lost the league to City when their own club was doing shite. They care enough to fill the stadium when it's been half empty all season.

Elchele

Jupp

Rooney didn't even play in our 1-1 draw at Shakhtar; he was neither in the starting line up or on the bench.

We offered nothing away at Sociedad until Rooney came off, RVP and Young came on and we missed a pen and had a few chances.

He was good at home against Sociedad and in both Leverkusen games. He was not the only reason we qualified, and this is just more evidence to put on the growing case file that you have the shittest opinions since Frygate 2k13

I only watched the two matches against Neverkusen and a few minutes of another one I don't recall anything of

frU10tR.png

He was massive against Neverkusen tho, they couldn't contain him. A player like that is always good to have in your squad

Wilbur

Banned
Napoli (for one reason only, 2 if you include Reina), Atletico, Valencia, Bayer (for one reason only), Dortmund, Almeria (lol) and Sporting are the only foreign clubs I like. I also prefer Ajax not to win the league, just to spice things up a bit.

And my like of all of them is subject to change within a single moment, or sacking :p

As for this, the list of clubs are relatively similar. Fuck Napoli, Leverkusen, Valencia, Almeria.

I like Atletico because they're fun to watch and they provide an alternative to the big two, same for Dortmund (plus Klopp). Sporting I like because of Ronaldo. Juve/Roma/Fiore because of their kits, their managers, some of their players and the way they play.

I also want St Etienne to win in France because their initials spell ASSE.

:lol

OP says there was a guy called Eanan, I'm sure there was another one though who posted semi-regularly last season

Oh I remember Eanan. Can't remember any Norwich fans though

sorry guys
come back
my club is shit too

Dude he had the logo as his avatar. Posted quite a bit when they got promoted, way to scare him away.

Swans guy used to post a lot too and had the swan as his avatar and now he barely posts.

SHarris and pulsemyne were both posting last night weren't they?

Jarnet87

10 days off from football and a nice vacay in Dubai, United going to sparkle against Crystal Palace. Were talking crisp and quick passing, through the middle at that. Goals galore. The return of Shinji Kagawa.

Then I snap out of the daydream and return to the 0-0 scoreline, and countless poor crosses. Palace get a late goal on a set piece as Pulis upstages Moyesy. I contemplate burning my United kits and selling my soul to the devil and supporting Bayern. I stay strong, and curl into the fetal position reminiscing of better times until we play again.

Slizz

As for this, the list of clubs are relatively similar. Fuck Napoli, Leverkusen, Valencia, Almeria.

I like Atletico because they're fun to watch and they provide an alternative to the big two, same for Dortmund (plus Klopp). Sporting I like because of Ronaldo. Juve/Roma/Fiore because of their kits, their managers, some of their players and the way they play.

I also want St Etienne to win in France because their initials spell ASSE.

:lol

Oh I remember Eanan. Can't remember any Norwich fans though

sorry guys
come back
my club is shit too

SHarris and pulsemyne were both posting last night weren't they?

^
yes

SHarris and another guy were quite active last night.

Last night sure, I can't seem to remember much of them posting before, after or during Swans games.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think finishing 4th in the league is a good enough reason to switch allegiance.

it is when we finish seventh
C9fWJ1P.png

I only watched the two matches against Neverkusen and a few minutes of another one I don't recall anything of

frU10tR.png

He was massive against Neverkusen tho, they couldn't contain him. A player like that is always good to have in your squad

god i hate you

It depends; he is a very good player, but we have two players better than him in the positions he plays. They might not be as versatile, but RVP is better up front and Mata is better behind the striker (even if he hasn't shown that yet).

I am totally against giving a bloated, 34 year old Wayne Rooney who has continually disrespected our club £300k a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom