• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Win and a draw

Everton are spectacularly rubbish against Arsenal

Haven't beaten them since 2006. (looked that up) That's hilarious.
They were not rubbish when they came to the Emirates under Roberto Martinez this season.

In fact, the argument could be made that they were the better team on that day.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wilbs come on dude..lol

with a soft spot for Juventus, though it's more that I'd rather see our Juvebros happy than it is I want to see the club be successful.
large.gif

why hello there <3
Stay away from this post Yurt. It's for your own safety.
lol there's an egyptian guy in my class and he declared his favorite team to be Inter, whilst adding that Juve is his second favorite team. almost had a stroke there meself.
post-17260-steve-buscemi-WHY-gif-RIxa3zW-QbZo.gif

HOW AND WHY ARE WE BEHIND INTER

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Dear Pulga's other (inferior) half

vidal-arturo-close490ai_0.jpg

Arturo Vidal has reaffirmed his commitment to Juventus, saying even if Real Madrid&#8217;s interest is genuine, &#8220;it would not change anything for me.&#8221;

The Chilean international has recently signed a new contract with the Old Lady but it has not stopped continued reports linking him with a future transfer to the Spanish capital.

&#8220;I work for Juventus, to win here and to give everything on the pitch,&#8221; Vidal has outlined once more on Radio Cooperativa today, though.

&#8220;The interest from Real Madrid? I do not know if that is true, but even if it was, it would not change anything for me.

&#8220;I am getting ready to be at my best for the World Cup in Brazil, there it will be tough. Ours is a good national team, young but ambitious, whilst obviously we will have to give our best.&#8221;

juventus-manager-antonio-conte.gif

Wiish we were playing Spurs this weekend. Need to consolidate fourth before looking at a title challenge. Man Utd have had so many generally bad results this season, especially in the context of the way they droped the points and the equivalent results last season

Man Utd 1-2 West Brom
Man Utd 1-1 Southampton
Cardiff 2-2 Man Utd
Man Utd 0-1 Everton
Man Utd 0-1 Newcastle
Man Utd 1-2 Tottenham
Man Utd 1-2 Swansea (FA Cup)
Man Utd 2-1 Sunderland (League Cup penalty loss)
Stoke 2-1 Man Utd
Man Utd 2-1 Man Utd

The away form is actually pretty good, except for games against the clubs above them. Its surprising they're as close to 4th as they are with home results like that

Wilbur

Banned
Man Utd 1-1 Southampton
Cardiff 2-2 Man Utd
Man Utd 0-1 Everton
Man Utd 1-2 Swansea (FA Cup)
Man Utd 2-1 Sunderland (League Cup penalty loss)
Man Utd 2-2 Fulham

In order:

Last minute equaliser
Last minute equaliser
Last ten minutes winner
Last minute winner
Last minute equaliser AND winner (for us this time)
Last minute equaliser

We've dropped six points in the league in injury time alone, and been knocked out of two cups because of it.

Salvadora

In order:

Last minute equaliser
Last minute equaliser
Last ten minutes winner
Last minute winner
Last minute equaliser AND winner (for us this time)
Last minute equaliser

We've dropped six points in the league in injury time alone, and been knocked out of two cups because of it.

Strange considering United's reputation for getting late goals.

bud

i don't even understand the last answer.

"they got what they wanted."

... who is the "they?" the patriots?

is it the la li lu le lo

Salvadora

i don't even understand the last answer.

... who is the "they?" the patriots?

is it the la li lu le lo

The Football Association, also known simply as the FA, which the governing body of football in England, and the Crown dependencies of Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man. This body has conspired to knock Manchester United of their perch, according to David William Moyes, for yet unspecified reasons.

Wilbur

Banned
The Football Association, also known simply as the FA, which the governing body of football in England, and the Crown dependencies of Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man. This body has conspired to knock Manchester United of their perch, according to David William Moyes, for yet unspecified reasons.

When he says "don't bore us" or whatever, and the laugh he does after

It's stunning

Wes

venison crêpe
Become a bit of an Albrighton has he?

Albrighton looked immense a few weeks ago, forget who it was against though

The rumour is the club asked him to move down the Midlands last year. He did. Then moved back to Sheffield area without telling anyone. Thought to be due to pressure from his girlfriend who wanted to see him more and she wont move.

When he has played he's been up and down for us. Capable of brilliant crosses at times but also just completely switches off from his defensive duties at pivotal moments.

The club will likely make a profit from him so it's not all bad, although it's a shame an ever present hasn't been around this year as much due to, alleged, off the field issues.

The rumour is the club asked him to move down the Midlands last year. He did. Then moved back to Sheffield area without telling anyone. Thought to be due to pressure from his girlfriend who wanted to see him more and she wont move.

When he has played he's been up and down for us. Capable of brilliant crosses at times but also just completely switches off from his defensive duties at pivotal moments.

The club will likely make a profit from him so it's not all bad, although it's a shame an ever present hasn't been around this year as much due to, alleged, off the field issues.

Weird. Was he turning up late to training because he was living in Sheffield?

Watching this Sky season review. What a ludicrously good manager Ferguson was.

Will he be considered the GOAT in a decade's time? I'd say so.

Salvadora

The difficulties United currently face only heighten my admiration for his brilliance.

Of course he created some of it, but I don't feel like that takes away from his achievement.

Wilbur

Banned
Weird. Was he turning up late to training because he was living in Sheffield?

He's already bandied around as one of the top three or five, isn't he? So yeah, given some time I can see it.

I miss him so much. He had his faults, but he was just incredible. I could never imagine some old purple cunt (apart from pictures of Whoopi Goldberg's fanny) would bring me so much joy.

Salvadora

Anyone else seen the clips from the new season of Hannibal in the OT?

Absolutely fantastic in all departments. I'm loving True Detective, but it may be my favourite show on TV.

I'm not mad, just pointing out world class players.

Look at Quiche here

woodenfreekick2ujx7q.gif

As I take the free kick he makes an amazing run, confusing both the goalkeeper and defender. He could become a good player if he wasn't such a cunt really.

I actually think that's good just look at his run here

woodenfreekickaiacz.gif

Nothing beats his "i'm going to stand still" tactic though, truly amazing how it stunned the goalkeeper.
quicvheqysrb.gif

World class.

Yes. When Quiche was good, crazy to think about now, like Torres once being seen as a world class striker.

I haven't been reading the thread recently but holy fuck! Wooden being nice about my fifa play :lol <3

Salvadora

When he says "don't bore us" or whatever, and the laugh he does after

It's stunning

This was my favourite part:

Journalist to Moyes: "David, any injury problems ahead of the match"?

Moyes' response: "All clubs get injuries and we are one of those clubs".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom