• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danchi

I don't care about people following teams from outside their areas (I watch more Arsenal matches than any other club and I'm not from N. London), but that people try and appropriate the local derby mentality is weird. That stuff just seems derived from locale. Banter at the office water cooler the next day or whatever. To see someone on an Arsenal forum from the opposite end of the globe refer to Spurs as "scum" just seems bizarre (I think it would be pretty dumb for anyone to say that, to be fair).

They care enough to do the Poznan when we lost the league to City when their own club was doing shite. They care enough to fill the stadium when it's been half empty all season.

Well, they might win. Why wouldn't they turn up? A David vs. Goliath mentality is a big draw.

Last night sure, I can't seem to remember much of them posting before, after or during Swans games.

They seem to post at the same time, normally when there's a bit of big Swansea news, like Flores kneecapping someone with a cricket bat, or Laudrup laughing all the way to the bank holding his P45 like a winning lottery ticket, or this little goody-two-shoes twat:

charlie-golden-ticket.jpg

I think one is the alt of the other tbh :p

Wilbur

Banned
Has Magath's Fulham played already?

Tomorrow

Chelsea 2 v 1 Everton
Arsenal 2 v 1 Sunderland
Cardiff 1 v 1 Hull
Man City 3 v 0 Stoke
West Brom 1 v 1 Fulham
West Ham 1 v 1 Southampton
Crystal Palace 1 v 1 Man Utd
Liverpool 3 v 1 Swansea
Newcastle 1 v 1 Aston Villa
Norwich 0 v 2 Tottenham

If I could pick a team to win the league this year it would be Arsenal. Wenger should pick weakened teams in the other two competitions to remain focused.

He'd be an abolute knobend to sacrifice the FA Cup at this stage. 3 games left for a first trophy in 9 years, including a very winnable home game against Everton to get into the semi.

Still pissed off we lost that game. 3 one-on-ones, for fuck's sake.

Kikarian

If I could pick a team to win the league this year it would be Arsenal. Wenger should pick weakened teams in the other two competitions to remain focused.
What? Wenger would be stupid to do that. Especially when it's very possible that Chelsea or City will win the league.

Danchi

Has anyone been keeping up with the Copa Libertadores? Looking forward to Atl. Mineiro vs. Santa Fe on BT Wednesday night. Santa Fe have looked good in the highlights shows and Omar Perez looks a really good player.

Wilbur

Banned
Alright. Here we go. Let's all fucking hate Rooney.

Wayne Rooney's new contract. Up to £300,000 a week. £1,785 every hour and just under £30 every minute.

The deal will earn the 28-year-old Manchester United striker more than £70m over the next five-and-a-half years.

£15.6m - Wayne Rooney's annual wage eclipses the reported salary of Real Madrid winger Cristiano Ronaldo (£14.25m) and Barcelona forward Lionel Messi, whose wage is £12.08m a year, according to the 2013 Forbes rich list.

£160,000 - The figure he will have to spend once tax and national insurance contributions have been taken off his £300,000-a-week wage.

£517 - The national average weekly wage of a person working in the United Kingdom. The amount the prime minister earns pales in comparison to what Rooney will pocket, with David Cameron collecting around £2,740 each week.

65 - The amount of weeks it would take Barack Obama, the president of the United States, to make what Rooney earns in just seven days, based on his £240,000-a-year wage.

A year's salary would buy 208 terraced houses in Croxteth, Liverpool where he grew up.

A week's pay would buy 563 season tickets for family and friends at Old Trafford or 33,333 copies of Sir Alex Ferguson's autobiography.

pulga

Banned
Rooney deserves every single cent, single handedly carrying United on his back year after year begets a great reward

jtb

Banned
Wenger won't sacrifice the FA cup. There's no need to, anyways. The fixture list from here on out is pretty manageable.

Wilbur

Banned
They'll win against Swansea (whenever that is), Sunderland, Stoke and Everton both times, maybe Spurs too.

Lose vs Bayern and Chelsea, draw vs City.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm really disappointed in United.

only because I know a year from now, they're gonna give him another contract extension.

Sad.
Atalanta and Juve legend, managed to finish the match without getting booked yesterday.
*simultaneously proud and disgusted*

-

Good guy Llion cheering up the opposition.

tumblr_n1bwc8vsqq1r30r4xo7_r1_250.gif

Bad guy Osvaldo scoring on his first start

tumblr_n1b4bu2s661s8z5rho2_400.gif

Win and a draw

Everton are spectacularly rubbish against Arsenal

Haven't beaten them since 2006. (looked that up) That's hilarious.

I was about to say that the statistic reflects more about Moyes than Everton but Moyes with United beat them at the first time of asking.

bjaelke

WBA have lost too many "6 pointers" this season. The only reason they're (just) above the relegation zone is their haul against the bigger teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom