• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Food for thought: Anyone who calls Man City's rise an 'achievement' can do one. They spent £22m in a fourth choice striker with chronic injury problems.

I'm looking at you Chiles, you pug-faced cunt.

edit: Talking of BAE disappearing off the face of the earth, where is Joe Cole these days? West Ham treatment table I assume

Food for thought: Anyone who calls Man City's rise an 'achievement' can do one. They spent £22m in a fourth choice striker with chronic injury problems.

I'm looking at you Chiles, you pug-faced cunt.

Where exactly did City rise to anyway? Winning one title in a second-rate league doesn't mean much. What else do they have? One measly final 16 showing in the CL? Even Zenit are better.

Liverpool as well. :(

Saying it every weekend it feels like, but a win is vital. Everton will probably drop points, hopefully Chelsea as well, so it will be nice to put some real breathing between ourselves and Everton. And there is no use whatsoever in hoping Norwich can take points from Spurs. Need to maintain/expand the gap between ourselves and 5th, and then see what happens elsewhere to try and creep up the table

Especially since we go to St Mary's next week I think, and those cunts have us figured out :(

The table is so tight, there is really no room for anyone to rest on their laurels except for Southampton.

Has anyone got their World Cup schedule sorted? Got a feeling I'm bot gonna get any of the holdiay I booked to be able to watch all of the knockout rounds. I'll be able to watch most of the matches regardless, but would much rather have the time off and just sit on my arse all day watching and absorbing the greatest quadrennial event on Earth

subtles

Saying it every weekend it feels like, but a win is vital. Everton will probably drop points, hopefully Chelsea as well, so it will be nice to put some real breathing between ourselves and Everton. And there is no use whatsoever in hoping Norwich can take points from Spurs. Need to maintain/expand the gap between ourselves and 5th, and then see what happens elsewhere to try and creep up the table

Especially since we go to St Mary's next week I think, and those cunts have us figured out :(

The table is so tight, there is really no room for anyone to rest on their laurels except for Southampton.
Haha. They are our boogey team at the moment. I'm really concerned about Tottenham as they are only a few points behind despite this being one of our best campaign in years. I'm partially convinced they'll claim fourth in the end as they are too close for comfort.

There should definitely be a fitting end to the communal narrative of this season.

Every one of our remaining fixtures is like a final; no distractions, no excuses.

Haha. They are our boogey team at the moment. I'm really concerned about Tottenham as they are only a few points behind despite this being one of our best campaign in years. I'm partially convinced they'll claim fourth in the end as they are too close for comfort.

There should definitely be a fitting end to the communal narrative of this season.

Every one of our remaining fixtures is like a final, no distractions, no excuses.

Keep getting a bit worried about Spurs and then having to remind myself that we're yet to play them at Anfield, and it's in our hands. If Everton go on a run on the other hand, there's not much we can do about it aside from winning our own games to keep our noses in front.

Unless Suarez and Sturridge get injured, there can be no excuses for finishing lower than 4th, even if 5th would be progress from last season. CL qualification is so, so important to us, particularly with Suarez's future becoming a question mark if we miss out.

Has anyone got their World Cup schedule sorted? Got a feeling I'm bot gonna get any of the holdiay I booked to be able to watch all of the knockout rounds. I'll be able to watch most of the matches regardless, but would much rather have the time off and just sit on my arse all day watching and absorbing the greatest quadrennial event on Earth
It makes it so much easier when one is willing to quit their job if they don't accommodate with the required time off.

subtles

Everytime I see Suarez's brilliance around the box it brings me back to that interview Rodgers had with the community. When his Ajax form as an inside forward out wide was brought up he essentially said Suarez is at his best in and around the box. Those flicks vs City for example were a joy to watch, it's criminal we only scored once. I'd like to see him work better in tandem with Sturridge as it's essentially Suarez-Sterling and Sturridge-Coutinho at the moment. The times they have combined have been brilliant though.

Everytime I see Suarez's brilliance around the box it brings me back to that interview Rodgers had with the community. When his Ajax form as an inside forward out wide was brought up he essentially said Suarez is at his best in and around the box. Those flicks vs City for example were a joy to watch, it's criminal we only scored once. I'd like to see him work better in tandem with Sturridge as it's essentially Suarez-Sterling and Sturridge-Coutinho at the moment. The times they have combined have been brilliant though.

Yeah, they're a pair of brilliant strikers rather than a brilliant partnership since Sturridge came back

Hopefully with Henderson back, Suarez can move further infield without having to worry so much about protecting the rightback, as Henderson is much more adpet at shifting across and doing that job than Allen is

I'm a fan of Martinez's basic tailored blue suits.

edit: Ha, fuck off Salazar

bjaelke

erG3c6R.jpg

How reliable is 'Sport'? They claim we started negotiations with Valdes whose contract expires soon.

Too good (and expensive) to be a second choice, and I very much doubt Rodgers is willing to make Mignolet second choice so soon given the amount we spent on him. Valdes would allow us to play a much higher line though, and he's better than Mignolet in every way on present form.

When you think about it, Mignolet, Cissokho, and Toure are incredibly 'un-Rodgers'ish signings. None of them look like they've ever kicked a ball before when they have the ball at their feet and an opposition player within 15 yards of them.

Especially Mignolet since his lack of basic command and control over the box makes our backline play 10 yards further back, inviting even more crosses which he struggles to deal with. With Sakho, Johnson and Enrique back fit, I hope to see them in the starting lineup (depending on form of course), have the line play further up, and have Mignolet make his starting position the penalty spot rather than the 6 yard line, which is where he seems to start from when a through ball goes toward him or a defender is trying to shield the ball as it rolls into the box for what should be a simple pick-up.

subtles

From @LFC_360

Coutinho: "I've been trying to improve intensity, marking and defence forms in training. I believe this is helpful at matches as we may take the ball from the opposition and it's easier to attack when we've more blank spaces. I didn't play so well in some games but I've had the chance to improve & I'm looking forward to improving even more going forward".

Please work on the shooting!

Kolo had some brilliant assists in the Everton and Arsenal games tbf.

From @LFC_360

Coutinho: "I've been trying to improve intensity, marking and defence forms in training. I believe this is helpful at matches as we may take the ball from the opposition and it's easier to attack when we've more blank spaces. I didn't play so well in some games but I've had the chance to improve & I'm looking forward to improving even more going forward".

Please work on the shooting!

He's showing enough flashes and good performances for me to think his form is just a blip of huge inconsistency rather than a return to form after his spectacular Jan-May2013. Just about though.

Needs to start stringing some performances together, against good and bad teams, against teams who leave space in behind and others who leave it in front of them.

Toure can pick a pass when he has time to look, pick his option, and measure the kick. Put him under pressure though and its like he has a momentary heart attack :p

edit: See you knobends in 3 hours, gotta get some sleep

Arnie

RIP mignog

Fuck there's a quantum bucketload of good football on today in the Barclay's Premier League.

All concluding with a Pulis masterclass.

Have a bang on that.

subtles

He definitely needs to find consistency, but having a player like him after all these years is a breath of fresh air. He's only 21 mind, so I'm confident he'll eventually build the mentality necessary to shine at this level. Sturridge has shown flashes of brilliance before, particularly during his Bolton loan spell but has just begun to look like a consistent, top class player.

Arnie

You prat

Acknowledge us
I acknowledge that you'll stumble to whatever result falls your way, be it a meek win, forgettable draw or a cold, hard sodomising at the hands of Chamakh.

You will not play with fluency or confidence, that much is pre-determined.

Wilbur

Banned
The prospect of buggery at the hands of Chamakh genuinely fills me with dread

Where have all the good men gone
And where are all the gods

Salazar

I acknowledge that you'll stumble to whatever result falls your way, be it a meek win, forgettable draw or a cold, hard sodomising at the hands of Chamakh.

To nitpick, a sodomising technically must be at least a bit hard. This is Wilbur's (and, incipiently, Yurt's) area of expertise, though.

We'll fucking massacre Palace. They're a well-marshalled toilet obstruction, but that's all they are. We will make them look like eleven Kolos.

Wilbur

Banned
Sal, I'm genuinely terrified. We couldn't even beat post-Pulis Potter pricks. We got slaughtered by Charlie Adam.

There is no way we will deal with the collective might of Jedinak and mini-Guvnor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom