• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Fellaini's best performance of the season came against Palace in September. Hopefully he has a good one today. Would like to see him do well here.

Marc

iqr2D4XMMCQKR.gif

Easily the best winger in the premier league.

Did Sterling go on paternity leave or something?

Hazard overrated for realz.
I really like Hazard though

Lamps to score his usual 30 yarder against Everton? Shame Barkley isn't starting, would be a good test and could see him dominating.

bud

eto'o, haha.

what the hell happened to him? he was never the greatest technician in the world, but this is just pathetic.

Clegg

Anyone hear Carragher's thoughts on Arsenal. He thinks due to Arsenal's tough fixture list in over the next few weeks that they should put out a second string team against Bayern because they're not going to win either way.

Suen

Anyone hear Carragher's thoughts on Arsenal. He thinks due to Arsenal's tough fixture list in over the next few weeks that they should put out a second string team against Bayern because they're not going to win either way.
It's worth it, this season's CL was a lost cause when Muller scored.

We won last year..
By a Bayern that played that shit. What are the chances that they will repeat the same mistake this time? They are under Pep now as well.

Did Sterling go on paternity leave or something?

Hazard overrated for realz.
I really like Hazard though

If anything Hazard is underrated. He's carrying the Chelsea team both scoring the important goals and having the highest goal chances created in the league.

GQman2121

Banned

It's honestly not the worst idea ever. In fact, I think someone mentioned that strategy in the thread a few days ago.

Wilbur

Banned

I think they should too. Or at least rotate quite heavily.

GorillaJu

If anything Hazard is underrated. He's carrying the Chelsea team both scoring the important goals and having the highest goal chances created in the league.

No fucking way is he underrated. The guy on Sky last week was talking about how he's in the same tier as Messi and Ronaldo :lol

No fucking way is he underrated. The guy on Sky last week was talking about how he's in the same tier as Messi and Ronaldo :lol

That's hardly the average guys opinion though, it's not like Joe Cole is overrated either just because Gerrard still thinks he's the English Messi. I still hear people talk about Hazard like he's nothing special all the time.

GorillaJu

That's hardly the average guys opinion though, it's not like Joe Cole is overrated either just because Gerrard still thinks he's the English Messi. I still hear people talk about Hazard like he's nothing special all the time.

Even still, most people think he's a shoo-in for young player of the year and maybe player of the year.

GQman2121

Banned
Hazard is rated just fine. He's neither over or under. Mou's comments about him developing are spot on. He's not Ronnie or Messi, but he's also not fucking Aaron Lennon.

Marc

Yeah, Ballack and Redknapp both mugged him off though. Rightfully so.

A win could spur their season on, even if they don't get through on GD.

Their strikers are rubbish so stands out more for sure but compared to the rest of the league, not his teammates... I don't see a player of the year candidate or Messi/Ronaldo level player (as a lot are saying). Suarez, Sturridge, Aguero, Toure, Ramsey etc. have all been better IMO.

Salvadora

You need 3 goals and to stop them scoring. Ain't gonna happen
2 goals to even the contest.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but the possibility should put Carragher and Clegg's suggestion that Arsenal should play a second string side to bed. This isn't the Capital One Cup, it's the Champions League.

Suen

Anything is possible.

2 goals is not insurmountable, especially if we have 11 men.
Chesney is missing. Fabianski has no way near the same experience as Chesney and if Gibbs isn't back from his injury that is going to hurt us lots because Monreal is shite this season. They will just use the same tactics they used in this week's game, push from the left where our weak point is and score goals. Chesney and Gibbs makes a huge difference imo.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah, Ballack and Redknapp both mugged him off though. Rightfully so.

A win could spur their season on, even if they don't get through on GD.

Their strikers are rubbish so stands out more for sure but compared to the rest of the league, not his teammates... I don't see a player of the year candidate or Messi/Ronaldo level player (as a lot are saying). Suarez, Sturridge, Aguero, Toure, Ramsey etc. have all been better IMO.

Ramsey's been injured for half the fucking season now. Fernandinho's been better than Toure for my money.

If I had to make a top six (YES GUYS. LISTS.) for the shortlist:

Suarez
Sturridge
Hazard
Terry
Ramsey
Lallana

Although it's quite hard really, there's around five to ten other players I'd have on there instead of Lallana on a different day - Aguero, Fernandinho, Mertesacker, Barry, Mannone...

Clegg

2 goals to even the contest.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but the possibility should put Carragher and Clegg's suggestion that Arsenal should play a second string side to bed. This isn't the Capital One Cup, it's the Champions League.
I haven't given an opinion on Arsenal. All I've done is mention Carraghers stance on it.

Clegg

What is your opinion on it?

Giving the appearance of rolling over regardless of home result puts Arsenal in a pretty bad light.
It would be unforgivable if Wenger intentionally put out a weakened side. Two goals isn't insurmountable, improbable but not entirely out of the question. It's a Champions League game against the best team in the world. You have to put out your best side.

Marc

Yes it was for Finney, not Ukraine.

Cool, thanks, prefer the applause but others are saying it is disrespectful due to Finny being from a different era. Dunno.

Ramsey's been injured for half the fucking season now. Fernandinho's been better than Toure for my money.

If I had to make a top six (YES GUYS. LISTS.) for the shortlist:

Suarez
Sturridge
Hazard
Terry
Ramsey
Lallana

Although it's quite hard really, there's around five to ten other players I'd have on there instead of Lallana on a different day - Aguero, Fernandinho, Mertesacker, Barry, Mannone...

Yeah I guess but expect him to come back on form again. Definitely disagree on Toure. I think doing the DM job is not that hard, if Mikel can do it to a CL win then anyone can. Its way harder to score goals from midfield, some of his freekicks have been perfection.

Where is Sterling?!?! :D Coleman could be a shout, been very impressed with him at RB. Gerrard could get a shout too if wasn't so shite at his actual job in midfield.

Hazard for me has done what he is currently doing, far too often. Goes missing. When he fancies it, he is unplayable but when he doesn't he is more invisible than Ozil. So invisible people forget he is playing to criticize him so he somehow is absolved of criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom