• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud23

This could be a great year for me.

1393029935_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_g_0.jpg

Our goal is to win the lot. We've already made the cup final and we're well placed in the other competitions.

http://www.marca.com/2014/02/22/en/football/real_madrid/1393029935.html

Ramsey's been injured for half the fucking season now. Fernandinho's been better than Toure for my money.

If I had to make a top six (YES GUYS. LISTS.) for the shortlist:

Suarez
Sturridge
Hazard
Terry
Ramsey
Lallana

Although it's quite hard really, there's around five to ten other players I'd have on there instead of Lallana on a different day - Aguero, Fernandinho, Mertesacker, Barry, Mannone...

No young or Valencia?

Wilbur

Banned
Oscar playing terribly.

Yeah I guess but expect him to come back on form again. Definitely disagree on Toure. I think doing the DM job is not that hard, if Mikel can do it to a CL win then anyone can. Its way harder to score goals from midfield, some of his freekicks have been perfection.

Where is Sterling?!?! :D Coleman could be a shout, been very impressed with him at RB. Gerrard could get a shout too if wasn't so shite at his actual job in midfield.

Hazard for me has down what he is currently doing, far too often. Goes missing. When he fancies it, he is unplayable but when he doesn't he is more invisible than Ozil. So invisible people forget he is playing to criticize him so he somehow is absolved of criticism.

DM job not that hard? Eh? Have you seen City when there's no Fernandinho? Toure just goes fucking missing. And scoring from free kicks isn't a 'way harder to score goals from midfield' problem, because he's scoring from set pieces; nothing to do with his position.

Coleman's been superb all season; Sterling's only come into form the last two months or so but has been brilliant.

Marc

DM job not that hard? Eh? Have you seen City when there's no Fernandinho? Toure just goes fucking missing. And scoring from free kicks isn't a 'way harder to score goals from midfield' problem, because he's scoring from set pieces; nothing to do with his position.

Coleman's been superb all season; Sterling's only come into form the last two months or so but has been brilliant.

It varies depending on who you play but passing 5 yards, intercepting and tackling are not the most elite skills one can acquire.

That's because he plays with fucking DeMichelis instead, its not the hardest job in the team but at the top level it certainly requires a slightly better player. Or you drop one of your strikers for an extra midfielder. He hasn't 'just' scored freekicks though has he. Fernandinho is doing a great job, but Toure has been better IMO is all. Creating some great chances and operating in a 4 man midfield compared to 5 man oppositions.

Cool, thanks, prefer the applause but others are saying it is disrespectful due to Finny being from a different era. Dunno.

Yeah I guess but expect him to come back on form again. Definitely disagree on Toure. I think doing the DM job is not that hard, if Mikel can do it to a CL win then anyone can. Its way harder to score goals from midfield, some of his freekicks have been perfection.

Where is Sterling?!?! :D Coleman could be a shout, been very impressed with him at RB. Gerrard could get a shout too if wasn't so shite at his actual job in midfield.

Hazard for me has done what he is currently doing, far too often. Goes missing. When he fancies it, he is unplayable but when he doesn't he is more invisible than Ozil. So invisible people forget he is playing to criticize him so he somehow is absolved of criticism.

This post is full of utter shit, especially the DM part. Also Mikel while being a decent ball winner is, as frustrating as it can be to watch at times (when Chelsea has to attack), a player that is completely calm and does safe passes. That's why it worked so well in CL with him, when Chelsea were overmatched pretty much all the time with a squad that didn't play well, he was what was needed and could often hold onto the ball for rather big periods of time and just pass it back to the defense or sideways without losing it. There's lots of DM's with a much different style that Mikels.

Marc

Chelsea drop sooo deep, Mourinho would be the perfect fit for the England team.

This post is full of utter shit, especially the DM part. Also Mikel while being a decent ball winner is, as frustrating as it can be to watch at times (when Chelsea has to attack), a player that is completely calm and does safe passes. That's why it worked so well in CL with him, when Chelsea were overmatched pretty much all the time with a squad that didn't play well, he was what was needed and could often hold onto the ball for rather big periods of time and just pass it back to the defense or sideways without losing it. There's lots of DM's with a much different style that Mikels.

So if you are ranking the key positions in football and their skill level, you would put DM near the top would you? Yeah, full of shit.

SleepyGivingAmazondolphin.gif

Gallas with an A-league blooper.

I expected that guy to miss the open goal, that's the best of the bloopers from the A League, when you're already laughing at how bad the defender messed up and then see the forward mess up just as badly afterwards lol

So if you are ranking the key positions in football and their skill level, you would put DM near the top would you? Yeah, full of shit.

I think it's silly to put a "skill level" on any of the positions.

Fuck Toure

The guy's 6ft4", built like a brickshit house with all the natural ability in the world, but turns to shit when he doesn't have a babysitter.

Wilbur

Banned
Chelsea drop sooo deep, Mourinho would be the perfect fit for the England team.

What do you mean skill level?

Is Nani a better player than Barry because he has more skill?

Marc

I think it's silly to put a "skill level" on any of the positions.

What do you mean skill level?

Is Nani a better player than Barry because he has more skill?

Lets put it this way, DM is where good midfielders play when they get old and shit. Lampard and Gerrard being good examples.

Skill as in ability, as in technique, as in what you can do with a ball and without. What assets does this person possess. Does that help to clarify? Or back to the original comparison, I think Toure is the better overall player than Fernandinho. A player who plays at DM for Barca as he isn't as good as their attacking players, but plays attack in other teams to a high standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom