• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate when refs call high boots when both players do it. So stupid. They always penalize the player that won the ball, it makes no sense.

Happens in Serie A all the time.

Wilbur

Banned
How have Chelsea gone from Drogba to Torres/Eto'o/Ba
KuGsj.gif

Every club in the league has a better striker apart from arsenal
cr5LxAm.png

Hixx

We have enough in the squad to cope without Ozil for Sunderland.

It's a well needed rest, I'm surprised people are opposed to it.

I hope your players are as complacent as this so we can continue our brilliant away form. Only City and Spurs have picked up more points in their last 6 away games.

Marc

Chelsea looking a lot better with 3 in the middle, just breaks down by not having a good striker as usual.

He hasn't played DM for England that often. At his peak, he was in a two with Gerrard and we would routinely get decimated because neither of them held back and covered the other.

Played at the top of the diamond in 2004/05, Duff and Robben either side and Makelele behind. Then Essien came in and started alongside Makelele and Lampard in a 4-3-3, so obviously Lampard did the most attacking of the three there. Ballack didn't even join Chelsea until the start of 2006/07 did he?

At their peaks, they were both wasted as CM's playing some rotating DM bullshit. This was back when everyone played 4-3-3 except us, and had a great DM in Parker available. That we can agree on. More recent years such as our qualification he played as a DM a lot.

That was a very long time ago though, but yeah, that wasn't very long. Essien used to play attack then too if you recall, he was just poor at it. Great technique on shots but always at the keeper or over, like Huddlestone. Like I said, most of his career as a CM or LCM. It would take a looong time to talk about all the midfielders played with (Cole, Thiago, Parker, Joe Cole, Geremi, Jarosik, Veron... god there were a lot of misses). Last 3 years or so has been as a DM with the odd change around, still makes attacking runs though, and IMO done pretty good there and still won trophies.

LTWheels

How have Chelsea gone from Drogba to Torres/Eto'o/Ba
KuGsj.gif

Every club in the league has a better striker apart from arsenal
cr5LxAm.png

Chelsea's purchasing is baffling sometimes. It's like Abramovich is in charge and purchases who is flavour of the month...

Don't they have something like 30 players out on loan at the moment? Stockpiling.

Torres go away too pls lol

Chelsea's purchasing is baffling sometimes. It's like Abramovich is in charge and purchases who is flavour of the month...

Don't they have something like 30 players out on loan at the moment? Stockpiling.

Ba might not have worked out, but he was fairly cheap and Sturridge clearly needed to go.

GQman2121

Banned
How have Chelsea gone from Drogba to Torres/Eto'o/Ba http://i.imgur.com/KuGsj.gif[img]

Every club in the league has a better striker apart from arsenal [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cr5LxAm.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

The initial plan was to go from Drogba to Lukaku, but that didn't stick for whatever reason. Next year I suppose/hope.

Yen

Mourinho said recently they were stockpiling young players, to send them out on loan and then sell at a profit to beat FFP.
KDB being a good example, and I wouldn't be surprised if Lukaku left in thesummer.

Hitcher pls

Never take the ball off a team mate with momentum

Hazard would have had to arc his run to retrieve the ball, and moved away from the goal I think. If a teammate is running onto a ball that has set up for a reasonably simple volley at goal, get the fuck out of the way, even if it does come about through your own dribble.

phaze

Arsenal squad: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla, Rosicky, Podolski, Giroud.

I assume Santi will get a chance in the centre.

Hixx

Hazard would have had to arc his run to retrieve the ball, and moved away from the goal I think. If a teammate is running onto a ball that has set up for a reasonably simple volley at goal, get the fuck out of the way, even if it does come about through your own dribble.

So Hazard needs to disappear.

Hazard would have got that ball before the defender and been able to go round the outside of him.

Hitcher man

Torres fucked up.

edit: that was Hazard's fault too I suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom