• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

2,w=658,c=0.bild.jpg

Bayern still interested in Draxler according to Bild. Schalke saying "He is not going to Bayern" probably just a strategic move.

Blablurn

Everton XI for Swansea: Robles; Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Coleman; Barry, Barkley, McCarthy, Piennar; Mirallas, Traore #EFC

is this a good team?

Gambit

Overrated player, he would never get out of the bench. I don't think it will happen

I am not sure you can tell yet. He might yet take the next step. I like him because his gait reminds me of Ronaldo, but I am not sure he is right for Bayern (yet). I just think it's going to happen.

Jack cw

2,w=658,c=0.bild.jpg

Bayern still interested in Draxler according to Bild. Schalke saying "He is not going to Bayern" probably just a strategic move.
The Bayern board can't be that stupid to pay so much for a back up player. This guy only shows his skill once a year in a friendly... Good god, save the 45 million and buy Hazard.

Hixx

Everton XI for Swansea: Robles; Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Coleman; Barry, Barkley, McCarthy, Piennar; Mirallas, Traore #EFC

is this a good team?

Apart from the 'keeper and Lukaku being missing, it's probably their strongest available.

Christian Poulsen not getting his contract extended, huh?

HE'S COMING HOME.

ibjPBPbJxJZnxk.jpg

Eugh.

I've erased those times from memory somewhat, still have a very clear image of Poulsen getting run around on the left side of the halfway line and jogging back at snail's pace, while Blackpool waltz through our defense and score

Clegg

Glad MU is locking up Rooney for an obscene amount of money given his output. Stupid fat hobbit, cross the ball.
Look, I'm not interested in starting a fight over this, but Rooney's output has been quite good this season. He can be criticised over some things, but his output isn't one of them.

Look, I'm not interested in starting a fight over this, but Rooney's output has been quite good this season. He can be criticised over some things, but his output isn't one of them.

Fucking cunt racks up stats through set pieces.

In all honesty, he has been good until just before his injury

Just because you say it, it doesn't make it true. Rooney is stealing checks. Maybe he'll be better with a new manager, but I don't see that for another 2 years given Moyes contract.

No fight needed. You are just seeing something that I'm not seeing. Giving him a contract that is top in England when he's not even the best player on his team, and not even top 5 in the PL, well, that's a nice thing for the rest of the competition.

Marc

Eugh.

I've erased those times from memory somewhat, still have a very clear image of Poulsen getting run around on the left side of the halfway line and jogging back at snail's pace, while Blackpool waltz through our defense and score

Remember konchesky?

Hahaha, some amazing times them. I would laugh more but then I remember some cunt thought it would be hilarious to make him England manager.

Does GAF have a separate thread for tournaments? A WC thread, or not?

Started watching American Horror Story the other day and binged a bit, mostly to fill a gap left by the likes of Nikita/Misfits/Spartacus/Breaking Bad. I can't tell if I like it or not, it is intriguing but mostly complete bollocks yet I keep watching. Hmmm

Clegg

Just because you say it, it doesn't make it true. Rooney is stealing checks. Maybe he'll be better with a new manager, but I don't see that for another 2 years given Moyes contract.

No fight needed. You are just seeing something that I'm not seeing. Giving him a contract that is top in England when he's not even the best player on his team, and not even top 5 in the PL, well, that's a nice thing for the rest of the competition.
But it is true. He's in double figures for goals and assists this season and has been playing to a high level at a time when very few have played well.

And what we pay him doesn't really matter to other clubs. It's what we think he's worth is what matters. I'm sure every other team in the league would rather we sold him because he's still a very good player. If we sell him we weaken ourselves and then have to go through the process of replacing him. It's not worth the hassle. I'd rather we sold him because he's a detestable man, but even the most ardent anti-Rooney poster would admit that losing him would be a blow.

Remember konchesky?

Hahaha, some amazing times them. I would laugh more but then I remember some cunt thought it would be hilarious to make him England manager.

Does GAF have a separate thread for tournaments? A WC thread, or not?

We have separate threads for WC, Euros and CL final. Regular football thread will remain open though.

Bumhead

Banned
Odd day yesterday.

Went to the pub for some breakfast and ale before the game as normal and then our game got called off. Was gutted about that. Phoned around various ticket offices for alternative games to go to and eventually decided on Stevenage away at Rotherham.

Was a surreal experience but a good laugh. Had a bunch of blokes stood infront of is that contained a Hull fan, a Leicester fan, a Boston United fan, Coventry, Exeter, a Blade and 2 Wednesday fans (in addition to the 8 of us). Barely met a Stevenage fan all day and we were sat in their end!

Good fans though and they're a better side than bottom of the league suggests. Unlucky to lose against Rotherham.

Wish we had gone to Crewe to see the Husky though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The Hernanes effect. Or, well, they've seen Roma get humilated by Napoli during the week, that was like winning a match for them. Can't be arsed to win another so soon after.
hahaha that's fucking brilliant
Started watching American Horror Story the other day and binged a bit, mostly to fill a gap left by the likes of Nikita/Misfits/Spartacus/Breaking Bad. I can't tell if I like it or not, it is intriguing but mostly complete bollocks yet I keep watching. Hmmm

really fun bollocks though innit

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
XI: Buffon Caceres, Bonucci, Ogbonna, Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah, Giovinco, Llorente

YIKES

we always concede without Chiellini and/or Barzagli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom