• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it is true. He's in double figures for goals and assists this season and has been playing to a high level at a time when very few have played well.

And what we pay him doesn't really matter to other clubs. It's what we think he's worth is what matters. I'm sure every other team in the league would rather we sold him because he's still a very good player. If we sell him we weaken ourselves and then have to go through the process of replacing him. It's not worth the hassle.

Plenty of players are in double figures for goals and assists if added together. He has 9 league goals this season. Likely 20 players have that low threshold of goals and assists. It's no reason to pay him 300K per week.

He won't get much better, he's taking up 3 spots on the team with the wage. You might as well sell him and look to the future. Instead, he's kind of bent the team over thanks to a very bad spot they are in (looking to be seen as able to keep their players).

Zabojnik

XI: Buffon Caceres, Bonucci, Ogbonna, Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah, Giovinco, Llorente

YIKES

we always concede without Chiellini and/or Barzagli.

8 goals in the last 6 matches, iirc. And most of them were easily avoidable. Conte was right to go hairdryer on the lads. You have one fucking job. I don't to hear Bonucci talk about how "we need to be more concentrated". You're paid fucking millions to be concentrated 90 minutes per week. Be fucking concentrated.

Remember konchesky?

Hahaha, some amazing times them. I would laugh more but then I remember some cunt thought it would be hilarious to make him England manager.

Yeah, remember Konchesky and Poulsen. Those were some very dark days. I can't believe the consensus pick after Redknapp was Hodgson.

Blablurn

Evil Kagawa ‏@evilkagawa 15 Min.

I say to Moyes "who we play today Moyes?
I so excited for FA of cup Moyes!"
He ask Kagawa to drop a dead!
Nasty bastard. I only asking!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
8 goals in the last 6 matches, iirc. And most of them were easily avoidable. Conte was right to go hairdryer on the lads. You have one fucking job. I don't to hear Bonucci talk about how "we need to be more concentrated". You're paid fucking millions to be concentrated 90 minutes per week. Be fucking concentrated.

speaking of hairdryers

La Stampa: Pogba was the main target of Conte's outburst on Monday after the coach thought that the young Frenchman was becoming complacent

La Stampa also says that Pogba was shaken by Conte's outburst & it even led him to call up his agent.

Clegg

Plenty of players are in double figures for goals and assists if added together. He has 9 league goals this season. Likely 20 players have that low threshold of goals and assists. It's no reason to pay him 300K per week.

He won't get much better, he's taking up 3 spots on the team with the wage. You might as well sell him and look to the future. Instead, he's kind of bent the team over thanks to a very bad spot they are in (looking to be seen as able to keep their players).
Well yeah, that's the argument most United fans have had for the last 18 months re:Rooney. If it were up to most on here we'd sell him, move Mata behind the striker and use the saved wages to strengthen other areas of the team. But right now he's performing well in an underperforming team. We can't afford yo let him go. And even if we did we'd still take a hit because he's playing at a good level. We'd be looking at a £40-50m player just to replace him.

With so many players leaving we'll have a fair wedge in cash available to go to new players wages. It also looks like we finally have a lot of money to spend this summer too. If we're going to rebuild the team then we'd be better off with an established performer in Rooney than without.

Blablurn

Let do this Everton

gzdtIVu.png

Zabojnik

speak of hairdryers

*nods*

It could be all media bullshit, obviously, but I can see it. Pogba has been complacent lately. Either that or he needed a rest, which he is getting today. Apparently Raiola sided with Conte on this one, lol. Yeah, sounds made up, honestly, all of it. We'll see what Conte has to say about it after the match.

Well yeah, that's the argument most United fans have had for the last 18 months re:Rooney. If it were up to most on here we'd sell him, move Mata behind the striker and use the saved wages to strengthen other areas of the team. But right now he's performing well in an underperforming team. We can't afford yo let him go. And even if we did we'd still take a hit because he's playing at a good level. We'd be looking at a £40-50m player just to replace him.

With so many players leaving we'll have a fair wedge in cash available to go to new players wages. It also looks like we finally have a lot of money to spend this summer too. If we're going to rebuild the team then we'd be better off with an established performer in Rooney than without.

I can see that side of the argument. I'm not 'concern trolling', I really do believe that it's a mistake to keep him at that wage. I doubt a Chelsea or anyone would pay him that wage. It's like they've negotiated against themselves.

But I can that side of the argument where you want some stability and an extra 100K per week is worth it.

Damn, I may actually root on Everton today? With Martinez there and their playing of attractive football, I can almost like them.

In the shade the clashing isn't that bad but when they're in direct sunlight holy crap. Who thought that this was a good idea? Do they need to ramp up the away kit sales?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Berardi FC XI: 3-4-3 Pegolo; Antei, Cannavaro, Ariaudo; Gazzola, Marrone, Brighi, Longhi; Berardi, Floro Flores, Sansone

3-4-3? That could work!
I've got an idea.

ifhUuPfREI72m.gif

taking him back is going to weaken your club's image though

I want you to have Marchisio <3

Zabojnik

It could be BS Zabster, but from La Stampa!?

Eh, they've been known to write trash about us, even if they're supposedly 'il giornale di famiglia'. In either case, Conte was perfectly justified. That's his job, ffs. And if Pogba can't handle it ... there's the door. We'll take 70M€, thank you very much.

Again, I'm sure it's just journo drama.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Cannavaro starting against his boyhood club Napoli. He was their former captain a couple of months ago. Feels bad.

Feels funny too.
Eh, they've been known to write trash about us, even if they're supposedly 'il giornale di famiglia'. In either case, Conte was perfectly justified. That's his job, ffs. And if Pogba can't handle it ... there's the door. We'll take 70M€, thank you very much.

Again, I'm sure it's just journo drama.

is it bad that I want the 70M more than him?

think of the possibilities

we can buy Atalanta's whole team!

AND I CAN FINALLY HAVE MY GERMAN DENIS xoxox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom