• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ, Carrick has been rubbish.

Well because mata won't be playing CL so no point bringing him off, and Rooney never gets subbed. Only choice was Adnan.

I didn't expect Mata to come off. I wanted Rooney off. RVP and Rooney are a lock for the CL. Might as well give them some early rest. But you're right. Moyes is Rooney's bitch.

FootballFan

Both Busquets and Song? The fuck? Is Tata afraid of Sociedad's attacking acumen?

It's like when Pep used Keita with Busquets. A bit more defensive, but worth it with Bartra, Adriano and Montoya starting.

Griezmann and Vela are scary too, so maybe you're right lol.

lvb

Neo Member
Well because mata won't be playing CL so no point bringing him off, and Rooney never gets subbed. Only choice was Adnan.

Didn't UEFA change the rules a few years so that teams could register one additional player to their 25 man squad even if they had appeared for another team in the competition?

Would mean Mata is eligible.

Feorax

Didn't UEFA change the rules a few years so that teams could register one additional player to their 25 man squad even if they had appeared for another team in the competition?

I would assume he's cup tied though.

Fergie

Banned
Fellaini did good. He'll improve.

Props to Evra.

Much better in the second half and a clean sheet is a good bonus.

At least a record wasn't broken.

Wilbur

Banned
Decent performance; not many teams will come to Palace and win, only the much better teams you'd think, so we had to make sure we were one of those.

De Gea great as usual, stopped some good shots and was strong in the air. Fellaini decent all game, Januzaj in the first half, Evra/Mata/Rooney in the second. Vidic and Smalling can fuck off.

Jarnet87

I thought we used the one additional player on Januzaj. I know he wasn't registered at the start of the season.

lvb

Neo Member
I would assume he's cup tied though.

Yep, my mistake. He'd be eligible had Chelsea not progressed. Bit of a weird rule that.

'One of three who has been fielded in a UEFA club competition group stage match for another club in the current season may exceptionally be registered, provided that the player has not been fielded in the same competition for another club; or for another club that is currently in the same competition.'

Edit: Januzaj should be fine based on the fact he counts as an under 21 player no? If not then one of the three changes allowed.

Wilbur

Banned
Front six is our best by far on paper, but I do understand why we use Young and Valencia so much; Januzaj offers very little defensively, and better teams will take advantage of that plus Mata/Rooney's natural inclination to drift in and leave gaps. RVP still looks too isolated, could do with him dropping back more or whoever is behind him staying a tad further up. Carrick was terrible today but Fellaini looked to pass forward and with energy, and I won't chastise him for a bit of rust in his game.

Need that settled back four though, as noal says. Rafael-Evans-Jones-Evra is what I want to see more often than not.

Front six is our best by far on paper, but I do understand why we use Young and Valencia so much; Januzaj offers very little defensively, and better teams will take advantage of that plus Mata/Rooney's natural inclination to drift in and leave gaps. RVP still looks too isolated, could do with him dropping back more or whoever is behind him staying a tad further up. Carrick was terrible today but Fellaini looked to pass forward and with energy, and I won't chastise him for a bit of rust in his game.

Need that settled back four though, as noal says. Rafael-Evans-Jones-Evra is what I want to see more often than not.

I'll never understand. Valencia has been at fault for a lot of goals. The defense he's known for is a myth.

Fergie

Banned
LividAccomplishedIvorybackedwoodswallow.gif

SOCIEDADDDDDD.

Romez

Am I the only one who think Valencia has been decent this season?

Or is it because Young was so shitty that he made Valencia look dependable.

If by decent you mean better than last season sure but he's average as hell, should be one of the first sold in the summer.

Wilbur

Banned
Brilliant goal. The jink away from the defenders, Busquet's feint, the finish. Does it so often I don't even say wow, but it was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom