• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well, in any event, looking at overall PKs that were given is absurd, statistically-speaking, because it doesn't factor into account whether the PKs were deserved or not. It basically assumes that all things being equal, each team should have the same number of PKs a season, which is nuts. For many of the last 15 years, you guys were just not very good, so obviously not a lot of penalties were won.

Playing style also has a LOT to do with it. For example, even a couple of years ago when we were getting a penalty a game, only one or two of them over the course of the season were not justified. Zlatan loved trying to dribble through 5+ defenders in the box, and he would draw penalties like crazy because he was gud. That doesn't really imply anything about the refereeing, one way or the other.

Sure
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

two bad seasons under Delneri and Ferrara, that's it.

If Liverpool were in that situation would you be bored?

I sure as hell wouldn't if Arsenal were.

I think I would after the first year. The cups would still be great, but I need the drama.

I'd still watch the games and will us to batter eveyone, but without the tension it'd lose a lot of its value imo. Like watching preseason matches all year :p

Yen

Agreed!

Calling him Raumdeuter is no job. In a defense full of players he was all by himself during his first goal. He might not be the most technically skilled player but when it comes to creating space he might be one of the best players in the world. He comes out of nowhere and fucks you up!

tumblr_n1gqvhP4nL1qfnmzro1_250.gif

You're underselling him there - I think he's just as good on the ball as he is off it. When Pep resorts to "442, lump it up to the big men with wingers" football and Muller is frozen out, he'll look great at Liverpool.
I think Muller is one player Raheem should be looking to take after. Sterling has brilliant game intelligence as it is.

Blablurn

I really hope we win the title in March. COME ON BAYERN. Just some Ws and we got this.

Last year we won it on April 6th (28th match day)

---

Table comparison

Today:
6O8dYGJ.png

Last year

OQ7kJ7g.png

Right now Pep is on his way to break the record for most points. Last year Heynckes already broke Klopps point record from 2011/2012. Back then Klopp said that might be a record for the eternity. :lol. It's hard to imagine but I think Pep really improved this team. Unbelievable for someone who just came. I dont think we can pull an unbeatable season but it would be nice. We have Dortmund, Schalke and Leverkusen at home. So we'll see.

Edit:

Dortmund is basically copying last season lol

Feorax

Jesus Christ @ City's fixtures!

They don't play in the league now until the middle of March, when they then play Arsenal, United, Hull and Southampton within about 20 days, with only Saints at the Etihad

Jesus Christ @ City's fixtures!

They don't play in the league now until the middle of March, when they then play Arsenal, United, Hull and Southampton within about 20 days, with only Saints at the Etihad

At some point they have to fit in their postponed match with Sunderland too although that will be easier when they go out of the CL I suppose.

Suen

Why am I watching Lazio - Sassuolo? Switching to Osasuna - Atletico. This is turning out to be a great weekend for football :lol

Zabojnik

O GRANATA, TOPO DI FOGNA, DI TORINO SEI LA VERGOGNA!
[O GRANATA, SEWER RAT, OF TURIN YOU ARE THE SHAME!]

C_29_articolo_1028083_upiImgLancioVert.jpg

29pdd9e.jpg

Tevez leading the Toro rats out of our stadium and back into the sewers. <333

Meier

I'm not familiar with Wissam Ben Yedder but damn, he has a pretty good goalscoring record the past two years. Have to think he could be a target this summer for some clubs.

Arnie

Brendan making no secret of his preference for Monk over Laudrup in his post-match press conference.

Also full of praise for Allen and said he swapped Agger for Kolo because we were lacking the physicality to deal with Boni. And that's the reason why I much prefer Sakho to any of our other centre backs.

Why do you guys hate on Torino so much? Are you from that area of Italy or something? Seems personal.

It's just strange to me, they are such a small club in comparison. And they are more of a "local club" while you guys have bandwagon supporters from all over, why would you hate on that.

TeddyBoy

I missed the game today for a family meal, I don't suppose anyone can fill me in on the Liverpool game? (I know the score <3 Sturridge :3)

Connor Wickham going on loan to Forest. Can stay there for all I care.

Bumhead am cry. Wednesday need Wickhams goals :(

Zabojnik

Why do you guys hate on Torino so much? Are you from that area of Italy or something? Seems personal.

It's just strange to me, they are such a small club in comparison. And they are more of a "local club" while you guys have bandwagon supporters from all over, why would you hate on that.

Eh, I don't "hate" them, but please understand Frank. It's derby day, hating is a must.

Eh, I don't "hate" them, but please understand Frank. It's derby day, hating is a must.

I understand that, but it just seems personal, like there's an edge of vindictiveness and bitterness to it that is just strange, considering how small of a club they are. Especially since we have a Torino supporter here . . . I hate on Inturd all the time, but I wouldn't call any Inturd supporter a "rat" that should go back to the sewers, that's just cruel and personal.

There was also a banner by the Juve curva today relating to the Superga disaster, which is disgraceful. It's all just very extreme considering Torino will never be a threat to Juve.

I'm not passing judgment on this one way or the other, I know it's a sport and a derby. I'm just perplexed by the intensity of it in this case.

Blablurn

Greatest PC game of all time. I've played the game so often, it's just a way for me to turn my brain off.

I could read stuff, watch TV shows or movies or play some games I haven't played, but instead I'm wasting my time with it.

If it gives you some good relaxing times, why not! Never played it. Maybe I'm gonna buy it for cheap at one point.

Suen

I understand that, but it just seems personal, like there's an edge of vindictiveness and bitterness to it that is just strange, considering how small of a club they are. Especially since we have a Torino supporter here . . . I hate on Inturd all the time, but I wouldn't call any Inturd supporter a "rat" that should go back to the sewers, that's just cruel and personal.

There was also a banner by the Juve curva today relating to the Superga disaster, which is disgraceful. It's all just very extreme considering Torino will never be a threat to Juve.

I'm not passing judgment on this one way or the other, I know it's a sport and a derby. I'm just perplexed by the intensity of it in this case.
I wonder how many Inter fans we would have had today if Serie A gaf
Juve and Milan gaf
weren't so hateful.

Fuck Pathetico.

I wonder how many Inter fans we would have had today if Serie A gaf
Juve and Milan gaf
weren't so hateful.

I try to keep all my Inturd insults targeted toward the club, its shitty management, and its terrible players. If people can't handle those types of insults, they shouldn't be posting in a sports thread in the first place. Shit, they should probably stop following sports in general.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BhLeF_8CAAA61X0.jpg

it IS personal in Torino. Try wearing a Juve scarf there (hypothetical don't sweat it :p), they won't even give you directions.

their club is insignificant, no one really cares about them. We just like giving them hell in the derby.
3AQmK.gif
It's hardly our fault they're shit.

Superga stuff is a disgrace, and the fans usually get banned for doing it. But no one cares about the Heysel chants because we're a big club I guess :)

don't worry about Timmy, he's not even Italian.

TeddyBoy

Since the start of the new year:
BhLdccFCMAEmytp.png:large

(sorted by ppg, don't know why, found it on rawk)

It's sorted by PPG as to win the league and get 90 points, you need a PPG of 2.5. To get champions league you need to get about 71 points which is just shy of a PPG of 2.

(RAWK really likes ppg).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom