• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
oh god i hope no one else but elsk jupp and me know about gaf in honduras

its too much exposure

pls

You're even pretending there's more than two people in honduras with Internet connection, pls

I want to make an Arnie icon for when someone does a gorgeous pass or skill, the plump lips will signify arousal

Linius

Feyernoord link seems false.

It's a Rotterdam local news broadcaster who came with the news. And you're just dragging up an old quote btw, not sure what that must prove.

Not saying the rumour is legit by the way, that's something the future will have to prove.

LTWheels

Seems more like the problem was a lack of closing down from midfielders, not center backs. I didn't see how the penalty was conceded but the deflection off Skrtel was just bad luck and Shelvey's goal can only partially be blamed on the defense. It was also unstoppable.

I wonder how we'll do at Old Trafford. I think the best we can hope for is a draw. 2-2 maybe.

I agree on the midfield, but I can't deal with seeing Skrtel defending against physical players. Skrtel's great defensively when we are defending deep and making last minute ditch tackles, such as when playing the better teams of the league.

But when we are on the front foot in more expansive matches, he is terrible.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
pls if we win the league

ill make it happen

just you wait

youll be covered in sexy

who are WE in this sentence?

I'm kidding, WE are both. HALAL MADRID

see what I'm talking about

I'm_Not_There.jpg

it's just effortlessly dangling. Bob is the master.

(did you like the movie Wilbs?)

Wilbur

Banned
I did. It was a bit odd and too lacking in narrative for me to love it, but it was interesting, well made and the acting was great. Blanchett was fucking insanely good.

Arnie

You're even pretending there's more than two people in honduras with Internet connection, pls

I want to make an Arnie icon for when someone does a gorgeous pass or skill, the plump lips will signify arousal

TYbgfl.jpg

Jesus christ, Sherwood's command of the English language makes Doicare look like Shake Appeal.

Is it just me or did that cartoon guy got lazy? It's like he draws the same thing over and over again everytime one or more of the top three La Liga clubs lose. One time it's a tractor, now it's car...

He's alright but he doesn't stand a chance against true artists.

GorillaJu

Really? I'd be pretty disappointed if we don't win at OT.

Yeah, not ruling out a win from the realm of possibility, but United looked really good against Palace, who have one of the better home defenses out there. They looked back to their old selves.

I just can't see us keeping out Rooney, RVP and Mata. Maybe Moyes will go back into fear-mode and play Young again or something.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Edgar Davids “The level of this team is so high that the Davids of times gone by wouldn’t even have been on the bench!”

Davids pls, we're in Europa League :(

Wilbur

Banned
Is Robin of Sherwood the only manager in history to wear a gilet

Is he off for a night in Chelmsford

Bet he spray tans.

I'd really fucking hate him if it was just the gilet

But the things he says

The constant usage of Bentaleb who plays like a drug addled swan

The fact he's jimmied himself to a premier league job

Get fucked, Sherlatan

Mastadon

Banned
Yeah, not ruling out a win from the realm of possibility, but United looked really good against Palace, who have one of the better home defenses out there. They looked back to their old selves.

I just can't see us keeping out Rooney, RVP and Mata. Maybe Moyes will go back into fear-mode and play Young again or something.

They've been much better away from home all season, it's at home that they fall apart.

Edgar Davids “The level of this team is so high that the Davids of times gone by wouldn’t even have been on the bench!”

Davids pls, we're in Europa League :(

Someone needs to tell Davids that Serie A sucks. Also someone else needs to tell him to come join Seedorf's staff. Or the same person can tell him both things, I really don't care.

Arnie

Disagree about United looking really good against Palace.

They won, which is good, but the opposition flattered them.

Aye, they were turgid but managed to keep the ball. Fellaini was their best player, which says it all. Anyway, it's not even worth thinking about United, their season is over.

Danny Mills is a fucking pickle.

Wilbur

Banned
The only reason people even keep saying we're going for fourth is because of who we are. It isn't remotely achievable now. Eleven points with eleven games left is just not going to happen.

L1NETT

I'd really fucking hate him if it was just the gilet

But the things he says

Terry Connor vs Tim Sherwould Soldado pls score Top Trumps

Nice Bloke: Connor 1-0

Friends with Big Mick: Connor 2-0

Doesn't dress like a prick with a TK Max fetish: Connor 3-0

Doesn't chat more bollocks than George Galloway and Nigel Farage combined: Connor 4-0

subtles

Agreed!

Calling him Raumdeuter is no job. In a defense full of players he was all by himself during his first goal. He might not be the most technically skilled player but when it comes to creating space he might be one of the best players in the world. He comes out of nowhere and fucks you up!

tumblr_n1gqvhP4nL1qfnmzro1_250.gif

Since the 2010 WC I honestly haven't seen a player understand space as well as Muller. You have players like Ozil who are often in the best possible position and intelligently deal with yards in the context of a game (it's not easy to explain why being one meter away from your current position is better but Ozil simply understands) but Muller is on a much more sophisticated level. I was convinced during that body check on Alba that he was well aware of his entire surroundings,referee and all.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arnie is HOT!

YUP

and dem lips

giphy.gif

Since the 2010 WC I honestly haven't seen a player understand space as well as Muller. You have players like Ozil who are often in the best possible position and intelligently deal with yards in the context of a game (it's not easy to explain why being one meter away from your current position is better but Ozil simply understands) but Muller is on a much more sophisticated level. I was convinced during that body check on Alaba that he was well aware of his entire surroundings,referee and all.

quoting for the new page

jesalr

It's a Rotterdam local news broadcaster who came with the news. And you're just dragging up an old quote btw, not sure what that must prove.

Not saying the rumour is legit by the way, that's something the future will have to prove.

I'm "dragging up" a quote from today's EURO 2016 draw. It's a new quote. It proves more than a rumour to me.

Yen

Is Robin of Sherwood the only manager in history to wear a gilet

Is he off for a night in Chelmsford

Bet he spray tans.

I imagine a gilet, or a body warmer, is what Wilbz and Arnie wear every day. Don't know why. I know someone who looks a bit like Wilbz, he does wear one often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom