• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
"Eres un pelotudo, ya la liaste el otro día y la vas a liar hoy".

its this weird combination of argentinian and uhh Spanish spanish, which roughly means "you're an idiot, you fucked up the other day and you're gonna fuck up today" in reference to the CDR games

Loooooooool they got bummed off the pitch. There was no fight or spirit in that Barca side, like they expected to just turn up and beat Sociedad.

Loooooooool they got bummed off the pitch. There was no fight or spirit in that Barca side, like they expected to just turn up and beat Sociedad.

Isnt that the barca way? Soulles system and if they crack...they blame it on Pique...

Pep turned barca into robocop!

FootballFan

Not really lol. Sociedad at home beat Pep, Tata and Tito in these last few years.

They know how to play us. :(

Xavi'sFaceVsSociedad.gif

Clegg

lol I can't wait til we win the league + CL this season. Sid Lowe can write about how the dressing room always stuck together and supported each other thanks to Tata.
What an odd reaction.

Lowe seems decently informed on stuff which goes on at the big Spanish clubs so to just laugh it off doesn't make much sense.

FootballFan

What an odd reaction.

Lowe seems decently informed on stuff which goes on at the big Spanish clubs so to just laugh it off doesn't make much sense.

That is true but he changes opinions/"facts" more often than Fry changes teams.

pls understand I am annoyed cleff.

It's getting to the point where every vaguely fat white person with shit hair is me

iCP7KBRam8pRs.gif

Scum

I think if Van Gaal did join in the summer then he's the kind of manager who could convince Vertonghen and Lloris to sign their new contracts. He'd be the first manager we've had in a while with an actual pedigree in terms of consistent trophies.

We need a manager who can stop us being such a soft touch when we get pressed in midfield. As hard as Norwich worked on Sunday, their pressing game was not so amazing that it should stop us having a shot on target for 81 minutes. I miss Modric :(
I really hope Levy os working hard on getting van Gaal. I'd like to see him set something up for us. And yeah, I miss Modric too.

Give him back, pulga. :c

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 6m
Should Ryan Giggs feature tomorrow night, he'll make his 150th appearance in the CL

These cunts are going to do this for every CL game aren't they?

Marc

Wilbur

Banned
Not really lol. Sociedad at home beat Pep, Tata and Tito in these last few years.

They know how to play us. :(

Xavi'sFaceVsSociedad.gif

Well, yes really. There was no fight or spirit. This implied they either weren't up for it, or deemed themselves good enough to win without trying.

Zabojnik

Veep is endlessly rewatchable. I think it might be on its way to become my favourite TV comedy show (well, after Seinfeld). S3 hits the same days as Game of Thrones S4.

hkATL.gif

Armando Iannucci is a genius.

L1NETT

Armando Iannucci is a genius.

Armando Godiannci plus Chris Morris directing some episodes => Fucking gods of comedy combining. Supergroup level stuff.

--

And Carbo, shame on you for wanting a blinking Victorian London AC

Bored before I put the disk in

Salvadora

I love it

They made out that it was a bargain for the most promising youngster in the world

The actuality is that he's not been anything special so far, has cost 111m Euros, cost Rossell his job, and bought about like 3 different financial scandals
It's odd that people keep including wages in regards to Neymar though, innit.

Yeah, it's demonstrative of an expensive transfer, but it doesn't happen with any other player, like, say, Bale.

Wilbur

Banned
dont worry nathan, i've gone from being a skinny bastard to now having a proper belly myself in the space of 2 years.

I just like food more now.

Same. Ever since I was 17 I've put on lots of weight. I just have a pot belly, I'm not wide and flabby. Weigh around 13 and a half stone, my BMI is fine.

It's just getting to the point where I know it'll get out of control if I don't stop eating :lol. Addiction to food is a real thing guys.

Into

I havent followed this Neymar crap, so pardon me bruv's. So how much has he cost for Barcelona? On BBC it says they paid some 34 million to his parents? What? Are his parents his agents? Why are the parents receiving such large sums of money?

Carbonox

Armando Godiannci plus Chris Morris directing some episodes => Fucking gods of comedy combining. Supergroup level stuff.

--

And Carbo, shame on you for wanting a blinking Victorian London AC

Bored before I put the disk in

I want spooky, dark, grim, fuck a prosser in the eye and not get caught type atmosphere in the next AC and Victorian London can deliver.

My numero uno choice would be Japan though but no chance of that.

As much as I loved AC4, I'm done with pirates now. They can do a spin-off franchise for all I care if they want to keep at the pirate stuff.#

I platinum'd Lightning Returns and am now firing up the FFXIV Beta on PS4.

I want spooky, dark, grim, fuck a prosser in the eye and not get caught type atmosphere in the next AC and Victorian London can deliver.

My numero uno choice would be Japan though but no chance of that.

As much as I loved AC4, I'm done with pirates now. They can do a spin-off franchise for all I care if they want to keep at the pirate stuff.

Are you me?

Gimme Jack The Ripper, gaslamps, smog, tophats and coat-tails, prostitutes with rotten teeth, rampant poverty and venereal diseases, steamtrains, horse-drawn carriages, cobbled streets, Victorian architecture, workhouses and moustaches

GQman2121

Banned
I havent followed this Neymar crap, so pardon me bruv's. So how much has he cost for Barcelona? On BBC it says they paid some 34 million to his parents? What? Are his parents his agents? Why are the parents receiving such large sums of money?

The short version is, yes, they're acting like a third party with ownership in the sense that they've invested in him up to this point in his career. Also, his father is his official agent.

Meier

The short version is, yes, they're acting like a third party with ownership in the sense that they've invested in him up to this point in his career. Also, his father is his official agent.

It's not that they've invested in him per se -- they actually bought some of his rights from Santos (agents frequently own some of the player's rights in Brazil, South America and Portugal). Where it gets very sticky is that his dad's percentage was not astronomically higher than Santos and the third party owner who had 40% of his rights (DIS). What constitutes agent's fees versus what was part of the actual transfer has constantly made this situation very cloudy.

Into

Right. That makes sense

Who else was competing for him? Real surely? My impression was that they went after Bale, because they lost out on Neymar, and there is a expectation that Real land a huge name every summer.

GQman2121

Banned
It's not that they've invested in him per se -- they actually bought some of his rights from Santos (agents frequently own some of the player's rights in Brazil, South America and Portugal). Where it gets very sticky is that his dad's percentage was not astronomically higher than Santos and the third party owner who had 40% of his rights (DIS). What constitutes agent's fees versus what was part of the actual transfer has constantly made this situation very cloudy.

I see. I didn't realize they actually paid for a percentage of his rights from Santos.

Right. That makes sense

Who else was competing for him? Real surely? My impression was that they went after Bale, because they lost out on Neymar, and there is a expectation that Real land a huge name every summer.

I imagine most of the usual suspects showed an interest in him. Ultimately, we'll probably never know if his decision to "choose" Barca was his own or if it just boiled down to them being the only club willing to meet his camps demands. I'm sure it's probably a combination of the two.

Right. That makes sense

Bale doesnt seem to know how to dribble quick. In his last game it looked amateurish when he tried BUT his striking technique is top notch.

His strike vs. Juve and his dream goal last league game proved he can kick when wearing the Real shirt.

Stubo

So what do you guys think of the Xbone price drop?

It's too little too late for me, I'll be sticking to PC until more significant exclusives hit. But even then I'll probably just pick up a PS4 if anything, after having been a big xbox guy the last 10 years or so. Having an up to date gaming PC for the first time has really spoiled me on this gen, along with all of the stupid decisions.

I'm hesitant to post this in gaming side in case my opinion somehow creates some huge conflict...those guys are crazy.

Salvadora

So what do you guys think of the Xbone price drop?

It's too little too late for me, I'll be sticking to PC until more significant exclusives hit, but even then I'll probably just pick up a PS4 if anything, after having been a big xbox guy the last 10 years or so. Having an up to date gaming PC for the first time has really spoiled me on this gen, along with all of the stupid decisions.

I'm hesitant to post this in gaming side in case my opinion somehow creates some huge conflict...those guys are crazy.
It certainly makes it more appealing, but like the PS4, there needs to be a library of games for me to pick it up.

It certainly makes it more appealing, but like the PS4, there needs to be a library of games for me to pick it up.

Uh huh. And I'm pretty much set my mind on getting a PS4 before Xbone anyway, so Xbone will be very late into the consoles cycle if I will ever get one, like I got my 360. PC and handheld gaming is more than enough for me right now.

L1NETT

Are you me?

Gimme Jack The Ripper, gaslamps, smog, tophats and coat-tails, prostitutes with rotten teeth, rampant poverty and venereal diseases, steamtrains, horse-drawn carriages, cobbled streets, Victorian architecture, workhouses and moustaches

Whats wrong with dishonoured/The Order/Thief etc

Not saying it's a dull setting (it is), but so much more exciting times in history. Need some colour, not a setting as grey as a donkey's bum.

Reading the RPS review and watching some random gameplay from totalbiscuit made me genuinely look forward to Thief, looks like a pretty cool game, if only to satisfy my kleptomania.

Looks pretty good, but with tech issues/large load time (just like Deus Ex HR)/dumb plot and poor/cramped environments.

But not all is lost, will inform you lot when I get it and have some time to chomp through it.

Whats wrong with dishonoured/The Order/Thief etc

Not saying it's a dull setting (it is), but so much more exciting times in history. Need some colour, not a setting as grey as a donkey's bum.

Reading the RPS review and watching some random gameplay from totalbiscuit made me genuinely look forward to Thief, looks like a pretty cool game, if only to satisfy my kleptomania.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom