• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

So what do you guys think of the Xbone price drop?

It's too little too late for me, I'll be sticking to PC until more significant exclusives hit. But even then I'll probably just pick up a PS4 if anything, after having been a big xbox guy the last 10 years or so. Having an up to date gaming PC for the first time has really spoiled me on this gen, along with all of the stupid decisions.

I'm hesitant to post this in gaming side in case my opinion somehow creates some huge conflict...those guys are crazy.

Good choice, both sticking with Pc and not posting that on gaming side. lol

pulga

Banned
omgomgomgomgomgomg

i got RTd by Carlo Costly for sending him the drawing that guy made

4OFRiCT.png

*swoon*

that's two Honduras football legends that've RTd me in the last couple of months
jbt6ZeEpbmJrSS.png

GQman2121

Banned
So what do you guys think of the Xbone price drop?

It's too little too late for me, I'll be sticking to PC until more significant exclusives hit. But even then I'll probably just pick up a PS4 if anything, after having been a big xbox guy the last 10 years or so. Having an up to date gaming PC for the first time has really spoiled me on this gen, along with all of the stupid decisions.

I'm hesitant to post this in gaming side in case my opinion somehow creates some huge conflict...those guys are crazy.

I wasn't their customer in the first place, but the biggest thing holding back next gen is my last gen backlog. I'm in no rush and see literally nothing that is an absolute must play. E3 will be fun though.

holy fuck does the new twitter in browser suck.

Why is some bigger than the others? Like on Pulgas tweet timeline there's a bunch of normal sized and then BOOM one that is just double the font in size. WHY. Fuck I hate these "modern websites".

Scum

Anyone after a console should just wait 'til Nov.

I wasn't their customer in the first place, but the biggest thing holding back next gen is my last gen backlog. I'm in no rush and see literally nothing that is an absolute must play. E3 will be fun though.

andeverythingwasyearlysequelsandclonesofTLoU.png

3Sixty

4 Saints players in England under 19's. Chambers, Reed, Targett and Gallagher.

Suprised Chambers wasn't bumped into u21's.

Could have 4 in the senior team come Thursday.

Zabojnik

Is the Motorola G any good? Been meaning to upgrade from my Galaxy S1 ever since I joined the twitter scene (lol). I need a cheap & decently fast phone I won't feel bad about dropping once a week on average.

Seriously nearly everything that MS and Sony seems to announce bores me even before the trailers are even done. A new Infamous? Wooh, that always sucked. Oh a gran turismo? Oh a new actually cool setting with Ryse, oh it's just the arkham battle system with pretty graphics and nothing else. But surely the third party publishers must have something exciting, wait, only fucking ass creed and similar shit games that are all designed by focus groups.

Stubo

Good choice, both sticking with Pc and not posting that on gaming side. lol
It's really hard to be honest about my feelings about the console without coming off as extremely negative, which I know wouldn't go down well. I can't justify the price when considering the performance. The fact that people blame the forced Kinect (which I have little interest in) for this only makes it worse, such a missed opportunity.

GQman2121

Banned

There are a number of things from TLoU I would love to see other devs incorporate into their games. The problem is, is that's easier said than done and most will likely fail.

The HD generation really exposed a lot of studios.

TLoU clones will be a lot like Uncharted clones, all the wrong games will take all the wrong aspects of the game and clone... or like how all stealth games suddenly had batvision after Arkham Asylum, the lessons IO took from that to make Hitman : Convictions Absolutions was just pathetic. I really enjoyed batman but holy fuck, I didn't want every game to have batvision and to make the stealth piss easy.

TLoU clones will be a lot like Uncharted clones, all the wrong games will take all the wrong aspects of the game and clone... or like how all stealth games suddenly had batvision after Arkham Asylum, the lessons IO took from that to make Hitman : Convictions Absolutions was just pathetic. I really enjoyed batman but holy fuck, I didn't want every game to have batvision and to make the stealth piss easy.

TLoU had that as well for reasons I can't fathom

only pussies used it :p

Elchele

Is the Motorola G any good? Been meaning to upgrade from my Galaxy S1 ever since I joined the twitter scene (lol). I need a cheap & decently fast phone I won't feel bad about dropping once a week on average.

Zabo buy it, I need another first hand opinion about it

Blablurn

I own it. Best phone i ever had. Super fast and super awesome. If you have questions let me now.

Hashtag #globalization

I have a dilemma. I'm going on a second date tonight however I ate two scotch eggs for lunch and now I can't stop burping. Also every time I burp it stinks of scotch egg. I've brushed my teeth three times and still the scotch egg smell continues. What do I do

Mastadon

Banned
I have a dilemma. I'm going on a second date tonight however I ate two scotch eggs for lunch and now I can't stop burping. Also every time I burp it stinks of scotch egg. I've brushed my teeth three times and still the scotch egg smell continues. What do I do

Gargle bleach.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Thanks Jack cw!

-

lol my Toshiba HD died on me :( or at least I think it did, because it won't open and it's making a clicking TLoU sound.

feels bad

Suen

It's so fucking typical of us. It's in the blood of the club; take the lead and let our opponents score right after that, we can never keep the lead for a long time. Paletta is not back to his level from last season and Marchionni plays like shit. Fuck off Parma.

jesalr

I think if Van Gaal did join in the summer then he's the kind of manager who could convince Vertonghen and Lloris to sign their new contracts. He'd be the first manager we've had in a while with an actual pedigree in terms of consistent trophies.

We need a manager who can stop us being such a soft touch when we get pressed in midfield. As hard as Norwich worked on Sunday, their pressing game was not so amazing that it should stop us having a shot on target for 81 minutes. I miss Modric :(

He'd be the first manager we've had since I can remember who is bigger than any of the players.

Drink a jug of grapefruit juice to break it down.

Parma-Fiorentina draw pls.
@Milanello said:
Niang has been given an 18-month suspended sentence and his driver's license has been revoked (for three years) after the car crash. He has also been given a €700 fine, and he has to do 170 hours of community service.
This guy should never drive again. Last year he pretended to be Traorè when he was still 17 years old and shouldn't drive. If he keeps this up I can see Galliani selling him next summer, one dickhead in the team is more than enough.

Marc

My numero uno choice would be Japan though but no chance of that.

As much as I loved AC4, I'm done with pirates now. They can do a spin-off franchise for all I care if they want to keep at the pirate stuff.#

I platinum'd Lightning Returns and am now firing up the FFXIV Beta on PS4.

Whats wrong with dishonoured/The Order/Thief etc

Not saying it's a dull setting (it is), but so much more exciting times in history. Need some colour, not a setting as grey as a donkey's bum.

Victorian era was amazing, lots of cool things to do and the presentation of it seems to only look at the shit end's of London. Look at the worst parts of a city in any era and its pretty grey and gloomy. Nothing stopping games from doing a more muppets Christmas carol type look instead.

This would look cool:

http://www.literarylondon.org/london-journal/march2007/fig10.jpg

Having said that, an AC in feudal Japan or imperial china would be awesome.

Personally I would do a modern day London setting, and follow an assassin trying to track down the templar leader to end the war with one stabby motion. Have him go back to multiple era's of London on the trail (include Jack the ripper and such), make it more detectivey like in the first one. More stalking prey, less running around killing 50 people and collecting fucking flags. Also I would shit on some of the later AC games stories that were awful and have the Templar leader turn out to be Altair who got an eden item (can't remember which one) that grants eternal youth and life. Time corrupts his views to see all the patterns, the wars and such until he believes order is the only way forward and that the first men were all a bunch of cunts. So screw what they want, he wants the best interests of humanity. Adds a lot more dilemma and tension since Altair is an assassin hero and would be god tier in skill level by that point. Although I say this all as someone who like Assassins Creed 1 the best.

4 Saints players in England under 19's. Chambers, Reed, Targett and Gallagher.

Suprised Chambers wasn't bumped into u21's.

Could have 4 in the senior team come Thursday.

Brilliant achievement, best youth academy around for a long time. Would count the likes of Ox too assuming he gets in.

Then you got the most expensive player in the world.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

This guy should never drive again. Last year he pretended to be Traorè when he was still 17 years old and shouldn't drive. If he keeps this up I can see Galliani selling him next summer, one dickhead in the team is more than enough.

good to see you again Luci!

Marc

This could also work if the conversation goes dead. "Sorry I gargled bleach tonight so I don't have any vocal cords anymore" :lol

Eat a bunch of onions to cancel out the egg smell.

Or swallow a mint, onions however would definitely be the obvious choice in this scenario.

FootballFan

Some footballers are just unbelievably stupid. It is unreal. lol

Drink a jug of grapefruit juice to break it down.

I only have a carton of cranberry juice, would that work?

Eat a bunch of onions to cancel out the egg smell.

Or swallow a mint, onions however would definitely be the obvious choice in this scenario.

I don't even like onions cooked nevermind raw :lol I might run to the shop and get some gum though.

But what if I burp across the table into her face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom