• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtles

Some stats:

We conceded 31 clear cut chances this season of which only 17 were created by the opponent. The rest were errors.

54% compared to (above) 75% by the other top sides.

In our last 11 games we've conceded 9ccc of which only Agbonlahor didn't score.

Liverpool have the 11th best defensive record in the league.

subtles

By all accounts it seems like Johnson and Agger will be leaving at the end of the season.

Chiellini laughed at us two seasons ago when a transfer was suggested.

Zabojnik

i- is that one of the creepy McPoyle brothers Im watching in HoC? lolololol

HoC spoiler(ish)
As groan inducing as that hacker storyline was ... I'm glad they didn't take it further. They stopped just before it could've gotten REALLY stupid.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sandro is closing in on a first-team return for Tottenham after more than two months out and could even be included in the squad for Thursday's Europa League tie against Dnipro.

The Brazilian midfielder has not played for the senior side since December 15, when Spurs were beaten 5-0 at home by Liverpool in what proved to be Andre Villas-Boas' final game as head coach. Sandro was forced to come off with a calf injury in that fixture and has had a number of minor setbacks as he has tried to fight his way back towards full fitness.

Sandro is also keen to make up for lost time and force his way into the Brazilian World Cup squad during the second half of the campaign. With Lucas Leiva, of Liverpool, suffering a knee injury last month, there is a potential vacancy in the squad as Luiz Gustavo's deputy in the holding midfield role.

We've missed Sandro so badly, he would never allow the limp midfield display we saw at Norwich. Hopefully he is involved on Thursday and ready to smite Cardiff on Sunday.

bjaelke

the Brenlightment era can finally begin.

8GzolNl.png

brendan-rodgers-on-walcott-o.gif

pulga

Banned
HoC spoiler(ish)
As groan inducing as that hacker storyline was ... I'm glad they didn't take it further. They stopped just before it could've gotten REALLY stupid.

yeah its grinding my gears a bit

and this fucker is every bit as creepy as on Philly

wtf is that thing

a cat

a monkey

a small dog

a rat

WHAT IS IT

edit: omg bitch slapped hahahahah what is this

TeddyBoy

By all accounts it seems like Johnson and Agger will be leaving at the end of the season.

Chiellini laughed at us two seasons ago when a transfer was suggested.

I thought Johnson would leave as well, but Rodgers gave an interview with the Liverpool Echo saying we'll be looking at giving him a new contract soon. He's still a decent player and if he was on less wages it wouldn't be too bad to keep him for an extra couple of seasons.

Letting Agger go makes sense, but then we'll have just Sakho for left centre back compared to Sktel, Toure and our new centre back competing for right centre back (this is leaving out Ilori and Coates who could both leave at the end of the season).

The only defender I feel confident of being in the starting eleven next season is Sakho, everyone else seems to be up for the chopping block potentially (disregarding Toure since he's only really here for cover).

So, yesterday this happened:
@Milanello said:
Niang has been given an 18-month suspended sentence and his driver's license has been revoked (for three years) after the car crash. He has also been given a €700 fine, and he has to do 170 hours of community service.
This guy should never drive again. Last year he pretended to be Traorè when he was still 17 years old and shouldn't drive. If he keeps this up I can see Galliani selling him next summer, one dickhead in the team is more than enough.
Today, Niang's lawyer said that it's Milan fault. Because Milan makes possible for young players to buy fast and expensive cars.

I can't

I just

He's a moron and it's our fault. That seems about right.

Hixx

I hope all of the English teams get knocked out they are all fucking horrible to watch in Europe. It's sad considering how much money they've spent on them as well
wtzgU.gif

Next year when Gus is rocking the EL
with Spurs
and the Facetoucher is rocking the CL you will all see real football

subtles

I thought Johnson would leave as well, but Rodgers gave an interview with the Liverpool Echo saying we'll be looking at giving him a new contract soon. He's still a decent player and if he was on less wages it wouldn't be too bad to keep him for an extra couple of seasons.

Letting Agger go makes sense, but then we'll have just Sakho for left centre back compared to Sktel, Toure and our new centre back competing for right centre back (this is leaving out Ilori and Coates who could both leave at the end of the season).

The only defender I feel confident of being in the starting eleven next season is Sakho, everyone else seems to be up for the chopping block potentially (disregarding Toure since he's only really here for cover).

The weird thing is that even Sakho was prone to moments of insanity. The CB situation isn't an easy one but I'll be gutted if Agger leaves. As for Johnson, he's suspect defensibly and doesn't offer enough going forward to make up for that. I'm talking historically here, not just the past few months. He has had solid games but a player that talented should arguably be doing better. In some of the games the past 12 months he's been terrible. There was even that period under Kenny where people were blaming his newborn child for his lack of form.

I do believe we need a squad but feel we can do better in the starting eleven. Unless of course Rodgers can work some more magic.

subtles

Olympiakos 2 - United 2

I was tempted to give Moyes' Boys the win but feel they'll lack that bit of quality to score the winner.

This means they will win.

Mastadon

Banned
The weird thing is that even Sakho was prone to moments of insanity. The CB situation isn't an easy one but I'll be gutted if Agger leaves. As for Johnson, he's suspect defensibly and doesn't offer enough going forward to make up for that. I'm talking historically here, not just the past few months. He has had solid games but a player that talented should arguably be doing better. In some of the games the past 12 months he's been terrible. There was even that period under Kenny where people were blaming his newborn child for his lack of form.

I do believe we need a squad but feel we can do better in the starting eleven. Unless of course Rodgers can work some more magic.

Sakho had that one mental 30 minutes, but I can't really think of any other situations where he's looked uncomfortable. I think he's our only CB who hasn't made an error that's directly lead to a goal :lol

subtles

Sakho had that one mental 30 minutes, but I can't really think of any other situations where he's looked uncomfortable. I think he's our only CB who hasn't made an error that's directly lead to a goal :lol
I can't recall any errors of that caliber but do remember a few instances where he would misplace a pass or just look like he's gone mad. Skrtel seems to be the one causing his partner issues as Toure-Agger was solid iirc.

I'm surprised Skrtel is always bossed around by physical players as he looks like a proper 'ard lad.

TeddyBoy

Laughed. A lot. Also crying a lot as well...

Looooool xD

I'm going to agree with Mastadon, besides that crazy 30 minutes against City, he's been pretty solid.

I'll be gutted to see Agger go as well, he loves Liverpool and was our best defender at times but he's fallen pretty far. It's just a similar question to Shelvey a while back, a player who we don't really need and isn't quite good enough who has to make way for someone better (Sakho). I'm being harsh yes, but we can't afford to keep a player of Agger's quality on our books and he deserves to be playing every game, not just a squad player.

Although Johnson has been pretty inconsistent, if he takes lower wages I don't mind him staying around, but your right, he can't be our first choice RB going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom