• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice tonight because the Zenit-Dortmund game leads directly into the United match.

According to my highly scientific FIFA predictions (with me playing as one of the teams), this round could be full of upsets!

Olympiakos v United (me) - Olympiakos win

Zenit v Dortmund (me) - Huge Zenit win

Schalke (me) v Madrid - Narrow Schalke victory

Chelsea v Galatasaray (me) - Chelsea victory, game full of goals from both teams

Be hilarious if those results actually happen...

Jack cw

This team could beat Bayern according to Lothar Matthäus

4,w=559,c=0.bild.gif

Looks like Lothars own brain beat him again. The only team that could beat Bayern is Red Bull Salzburg.

Wes

venison crêpe
Question: There's a job advertised both on a UK based recruiter's website and on that of the company themselves who are based in Zurich. With whom do you think I'd be better off sending my application?

Slizz

Question: There's a job advertised both on a UK based recruiter's website and on that of the company themselves who are based in Zurich. With whom do you think I'd be better off sending my application?
I would probably use the UK recruiters site.

Wes

venison crêpe
I would probably use the UK recruiters site.

Kind of a toss up for me. The company saves themselves money if they accept applicants who apply directly so may be more inclined to include me that way. Alternatively, going through a UK based contact they have obviously set up may similarly increase my chances due to any potential language/general foreign national issues.

Just gathering various viewpoints at this moment of time.

"South Park: Stick of Truth abortion mini-games and anal probe scenes censored in Europe " bullshit.

Hope you get the job and enjoy your tax haven, Wesley!

Blablurn

Any other United fan afraid of the Moyes effect happening later?

jbzXd6i6o1BPes_e.jpg

you guys are cleary on an upwards trend. i expect man u to win. just like in the PL. they might not be the best team but wins will come. if liverpool starts to flop, man u will be there. maybe not in the most impressive way but they will be there by the end of the season.

Carbonox

Niang's lawyer can't be serious? :lol

Please watch episode five.

now.

dont tell me what to do yo uaint hte poh-lice

i'd confess my deepest darkest secrets in an interrogation led by mcconaughey

pls tell me episode 6 is amazing too. AWW HICK WHO AM AH KIDDEN it probably will be

“Mourinho won the Champions League with Inter because he inherited a good squad,” Mancini said at his pre-match Press conference ahead of his side’s Champions League game with Mourinho’s Chelsea.

“A squad that, in the same way as it is at Manchester City, I built."

Oh Mansini

Fergie

Banned

jbzXd6i6o1BPes_e.jpg
Surprisingly not that worried about current UCL matchup. It's been a slightly upward trend in the past few games. Still very low chemistry though.

At the same time I wouldn't be surprised if we lost, the team just doesn't see through matches or have the same intensity.

Before late goal scoring was something of a habit, it's now the opposite, concede late.

GorillaJu

The rating scale for where people think they're at in attractiveness on NeoGaf is all sorts of fucked up. I told my girlfriend to rate those guys' faces who posted their pictures with a number, then told them the number they rated themselves at. She enjoyed it.

Mastadon

Banned
you guys are cleary on an upwards trend. i expect man u to win. just like in the PL. they might not be the best team but wins will come. if liverpool starts to flop, man u will be there. maybe not in the most impressive way but they will be there by the end of the season.

Well I suppose they won their last match, which constitutes a definite upwards trend.

Feorax

By all accounts it seems like Johnson and Agger will be leaving at the end of the season.

Chiellini laughed at us two seasons ago when a transfer was suggested.

There seems to be a fairly obvious route forward with our CB situation, but it will be interesting to see whether this is actually how it goes;

1. Sell Agger this summer. Replace him with a quality right sided CB. Have the new CB and Sakho be first choice, and Skrtel-Kolo be second choice.

2. Send Ilori and Wisdom out on loan again to play as CB's, and buy 2 first team fullbacks. Might as well get the new back 4 settled whilst our attack can compensate.

3. Bring Ilori and Wisdom back the summer after, just as Kolo's contract expires. Sell Skrtel. Wisdom-Ilori partnership now second choice CB partnership, can also cover at fullback if need be.

Mastadon

Banned
The rating scale for where people think they're at in attractiveness on NeoGaf is all sorts of fucked up. I told my girlfriend to rate those guys' faces who posted their pictures with a number, then told them the number they rated themselves at. She enjoyed it.

What did she rate Arnie at?

Scored 2, didn't concede.

Definitely upwards.

Against Palace, who incidentally have taken more points in the past 6 games than you :lol

Wilbur

Banned

jbzXd6i6o1BPes_e.jpg

Whisper it, but an away tie at Olympiakos isn't filling me with dread. We'll set up to counter, and I reckon we'll do alright. Moyes needs to learn how to navigate a two leg tie, but I don't think his innate negativity will fuck him over here; at least not until we come up against someone noticeably better.

Wilbur

Banned
“Mourinho won the Champions League with Inter because he inherited a good squad,” Mancini said at his pre-match Press conference ahead of his side’s Champions League game with Mourinho’s Chelsea.

“A squad that, in the same way as it is at Manchester City, I built."

Oh Mansini

I fucking hate Mancini. Sour, useless cunt. It delights me that Pellegrini is showing himself to be a twat as well because I really liked him off the back of that well shampooed foreskin dweller.

UK gets an uncensored version too... and article specifically mentioned console version so guess PC is fine, wooh.

Nice. Will probably get it.

Dean was playing the demo of the Lego marvel game earlier as well; I don't usually like them (mostly because of the camera) but I had a quick go flying about as Iron Man, that shit was great.

Peco

So, yesterday this happened:

Today, Niang's lawyer said that it's Milan fault. Because Milan makes possible for young players to buy fast and expensive cars.

I can't

I just

He's a moron and it's our fault. That seems about right.

Papa Clarence is going to teach him a lesson.

I submitted myself to set some standards.

Wilbur

Banned

will you ask her to rate me please?

I consider myself a five. please make her aware that she hasn't met me in person yet and she may well fall in love with me when she does.

should i wear gloves? will that help?

Elchele

I discovered the personality and mostly the confidence, is a huge boost for the attractiveness of a person. It is hard to rate someone from a single photo tbf

Will get into Kenka's thread and get the photo of that guy and ask for ratings.

GorillaJu

I'd agree Feorax. I also wonder if we'll fail to conclude negotiations like we have in recent tranfer windows.

If we get in the CL, the owners are gonna spend like mad. I can feel it. They want to spend, but they want to see that we're improving under Rodgers and that this is the correct way forward for us. If we stay within the top 4 this year, they'll have their evidence.

Into

Other than James Richardson with Football Weekly, any other good footie podcasts? I tried Football Ramble but..had too much rambling.

Just looking for euro football, i havent tried any of the ESPN stuff, in fear of listening to some yokel talk about "soccer"

Mastadon

Banned
The scale should be from 1 to Yurt.

If we get in the CL, the owners are gonna spend like mad. I can feel it. They want to spend, but they want to see that we're improving under Rodgers and that this is the correct way forward for us. If we stay within the top 4 this year, they'll have their evidence.

I think Rory Smith has hinted at this recently. Seems convinced that FSG will provide substantial investment if we get CL.

Other than James Richardson with Football Weekly, any other good footie podcasts? I tried Football Ramble but..had too much rambling.

Just looking for euro football, i havent tried any of the ESPN stuff, in fear of listening to some yokel talk about "soccer"

Football Ramble is great, but 'The Game' from The Times is good, depending who they have on. The Anfield Wrap is brilliant too, but probably not so much if you don't support Liverpool.

GorillaJu

I discovered the personality and mostly the confidence, is a huge boost for the attractiveness of a person. It is hard to rate someone from a single photo tbf

Will get into Kenka's thread and get the photo of that guy and ask for ratings.

A person's attractiveness as a mate has a whole ton of factors, however physical attractiveness is something you can just judge looking at a few photos or a video, IMO.

Open up Google, search for something like "men's hairstyles" and you'll understand what an actual 8, 9 or 10 looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom