• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

That's a piss poor lineup for a CL tie. It's the equivalent of us sticking Kolo and Skrtel at CB and Aspas up front leading the line.

I can't tell if that's a fuck you to Olympiakos, or whether Moysie actually rates that fuckbucket of a midfield.

Blablurn

BhV0F5QCQAAdeFY.png

Romez

Not surprised.

All he had to do was swap out Mata for Kagawa, of course he's going to choose Valencia and Young instead.

Come on, the lineup isn't that bad.

Do you reckon the winter break contributed to that?

What contributed to it was that all season it was clear that we needed a CB and a DM but never bought one. Some players being out injured (Shirokov, Danny, Ansaldi, Criscito was banged up but played, and it showed, he was awful) didn't help, and yes, we were rusty but Spalletti has to take the blame here. Shambolic.

Considering the price of it on PC already it'll be about £5 in a month or two.

Think I missed out on the £15 SimplyCDKeys deal :(

Ah well, got more than enough other games to play. Gonna start Guacamelee tonight.

Redcafe have started calling Moyes 'Gollum'

It's over for him. Like when we started calling Hodgson 'that owl-faced fucking cunt of a geriatric moron'

United are going to lose :(

I don't even know why the fuck Moyes puts Shinji on the bench, he's obviously not playing anymore.

Very odd selection.

What contributed to it was that all season it was clear that we needed a CB and a DM but never bought one. Some players being out injured (Shirokov, Danny, Ansaldi, Criscito was banged up but played, and it showed, he was awful) didn't help, and yes, we were rusty but Spalletti has to take the blame here. Shambolic.

Is Witsel not supposed to be a DM? No improvement from him over the past year?

Eugh

Someone on another forum suggested Sterling and Chamberlain to start on the wings at the world cup in a 4-2-3-1

Instant response: Defensively too weak on the flanks.

Fuck. Off.

Not only is it untrue, its the line of thinking that has James Milner playing for us, and the team producing absolutely fuck all from the wings.

What does he have against Shinji? It is driving me mad. The team plays so much fucking better with him starting, even with Moyes' garbage tactics, Shinji gets it done.

LegoArmo

Eugh

Someone on another forum suggested Sterling and Chamberlain to start on the wings at the world cup in a 4-2-3-1

Instant response: Defensively too weak on the flanks.

Fuck. Off.

Not only is it untrue, its the line of thinking that has James Milner playing for us, and the team producing absolutely fuck all from the wings.

What exactly has The Ox done to be starting for England?

Sterling should.

Clegg

The game against Palace should've been the blueprint. Inverted wingers, quicker build up play and a midfielder who isn't afraid to venture forward with the ball. The performance was far from perfect, but was a step up from other performances this season.

Last time I'll give Moyes the benefit of the doubt. Fellaini could be rested as he's just back from injury and Januzaj could be hurt for all we know. But if he picks similar teams to this one then fuck him.

What does he have against Shinji? It is driving me mad. The team plays so much fucking better with him starting, even with Moyes' garbage tactics, Shinji gets it done.

I'm genuinely beginning to think that he's done some huge betrayal to Moyes or something.

Funnily enough he played 90 mins in our last two CL games but now he gets dropped to the bench.

No consistency.

I'm genuinely beginning to think that he's done some huge betrayal to Moyes or something.

Funnily enough he played 90 mins in our last two CL games but now he gets dropped to the bench.

No consistency.

Does Moyes think the Evil Kagawa twitter is really him? Someone let him know it is just jokes. We want Shinji on the pitch damn it.

Into

Boring game coming up. I feel sorry for you neutrals who are going to watch.

I just finished watching that glorious WWF RAW when Austin confronted that jackass Mr McMahon and told Tyson he wanted a "piece of your ass". Happy to see the quality of WWE Network is pretty decent

..So no way this match can match that, but Moyes always brings the lulz

What exactly has The Ox done to be starting for England?

Sterling should.

For me, he's there by default

Sturridge and Rooney are playing well, so we either go 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. With 4-3-3, Ox doesn't get in as Rooney and Sturridge occupy 2 of the 3, with Sterling or Welbeck the other choice (Welbeck has played very well in that role for England)

If its 4-2-3-1 with Rooney behind the striker though, we have a choice of any 2 between Sterling, Welbeck, Chamberlain, Llalana and Milner. Now we can striker Milner off because he's dogshit. Welbeck isn't playing much. So that's Ox, Sterling and Llalana, and I'm not sure Llalana even plays on the wings much. So why not Chamberlain? He's been good since he returned from injury

(Fuck Townsend)

-----------------------------Sturridge--------------------------------

--------Sterling------------Rooney--------Chamberlain-------

If Hodge doesn't try that next week, he's more of a twat than I even though possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom