• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Rooney - Sturridge - Sterling
Wilshire
Henderson
Gerrard

#worldcupglory

:)

wtf.gif

Rooney - Sturridge - Sterling
Wilshire
Henderson
Gerrard

#worldcupglory

:)

That would be a genuinely decent lineup if the midfielders knew their roles and played them properly. I'd switch Henderson and Wilshere throughout the matches as we transition from high intensity to intricacy on the fly

Gerrard would need support from one of the two at almost all times

Relies on Wilshere finding his passing game though

Clegg

Watching football's greatest teams on Sky Sports 1. It's the United treble side. Stam in defence and Giggs, Beckham, Scholes and Keane in midfield.

Now look at our defence and midfield.

-_-

LTWheels

That would be a genuinely decent lineup if the midfielders knew their roles and played them properly. I'd switch Henderson and Wilshere throughout the matches as we transition from high intensity to intricacy on the fly

Basically play like Liverpool but with better defending (Rooney has Suarez role, Wilshere Coutinho)

Depends on how quickly Wilshere can learn the Henderson role. If not, play Henderson as Coutinho, then add Barry alongside Gerrard

Empty

don't really care that moyes is going to try and grind a draw away from home in greece but cleverly is a stupid choice. guy can't tackle and is so ill-disciplined defensively.

don't really care that moyes is going to try and grind a draw away from home in greece but cleverly is a stupid choice. guy can't tackle and is so ill-disciplined defensively.

It's brilliant when you think about it

Young's crosses - Nothing
Valencia's crosses - Nothing
Cleverley's crosses - Sail into the top corner

Moyes, you sly old dog you.

Scum

Like Liverpool play at the mo.
#BrendenforEngerland

Like Liverpool play at the mo.
#BrendenforEngerland

The thing is though, our midfield don't have their roles nailed down properly, defensively at least

Just have to look at the first half of the Swansea match when Shelvey was on. He was finding acres of space parallel to Gerrard and just in front of our defense, without Henderson or Coutinho even being seemingly aware of him being there

The centrebacks haven't been good enough by any stretch, but they're not helped nearly enough by the midfield in front of them or the keeper behind them

Splatt

That Manchester midfield is about as average as it gets.

I'm just hoping for a Young dive + pen, Greece is going to explode.

Scum

The thing is though, our midfield don't have their roles nailed down properly, defensively at least

Just have to look at the first half of the Swansea match when Shelvey was on. He was finding acres of space parallel to Gerrard and just in front of our defense, without Henderson or Coutinho even being seemingly aware of him being there

The centrebacks haven't been good enough by any stretch, but they're not helped nearly enough by the midfield in front of them or the keeper behind them
Missing a Sandro/Lucas/Alonso player sitting in front of the backline. Does England even have a worthwhile DM/MC??

i think my Inazuma Eleven team is better than that shit Moyes is putting out
loooooooool

LTWheels

Missing a Sandro/Lucas/Alonso player sitting in front of the backline. Does England even have a worthwhile DM/MC?

Barry

Well Roy could play Barry and Gerrard as the two holding to give us more defensive composure, then have Henderson buzzing in front.

If Roy doesn't try and emulate the Liverpool playstyle in at least one friendly he is a fool, considering the Liverpool's English players are the outfield players, it's not like they need to learn what to do.

Missing a Sandro/Lucas/Alonso player sitting in front of the backline. Does England even have a worthwhile DM/MC??

loooooooool

Nope. Not a single one, on a senior, PL-experienced level at least. Cattermole is probably the best experienced English midfielder on a purely defensive level, Noble is decent as well. Neither are good enough for what we should be looking for to play for England.

Its like English academies just don't care for DMs, there's such a paucity. As far as I'm aware, we don't have any in our youth setups at any level worth talking about

edit: BARRY, of course. Thanks LT, yeah, he's the best we have by far. I don't rate Carrick's defensive game.

How much did it cost ye?

3ds games are so fucking expensive and they never seem to drop in price. WHY.

Just bought MGS HD collection for around 12 euros on Vita, meanwhile I only own Bravely Default and some games I will never play for more than 10 min that I got along with it on 3ds (Super mario DS, mario kart DS and epic mickey).

FootballFan

3ds games are so fucking expensive and they never seem to drop in price. WHY.

Just bought MGS HD collection for around 12 euros on Vita, meanwhile I only own Bravely Default and some games I will never play for more than 10 min that I got along with it on 3ds (Super mario DS, mario kart DS and epic mickey).

It is absolutely disturbing. Nintendo first party titles are far too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom