• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
From the guardian live report
“I have no idea what United’s attacking tactics are,” says Elliot Carr-Barnsley. “What do you think the answer would be if you asked one of these players “How were you told to beat Olympiakos tonight”? Moyes needs to try and win and not not lose games pretty fast.”

“Lads - go out there and play like Messi,” I’ll bet.
lol

Nicktendo86

Stand by your manager

that was the party line you lot were towing months back innit
Stand by him, until it is obvious he is clueless and only got the job as his mate got it for him.

Moyes is the football version of the weirdo your boss recommended for your team who sits and does nothing all day and has a wank in the toilets.

Should have asked before making bets on United. I'll tell you now,

Don't make any bets while Moyes is in charge. It's always one step forward, a million back.

Listen, I knew Moyes wasnt popular around here but they got defeated by a bunch of tzatzikis. You should be ashamed of yourself. Think of Fergies heart...wow...

Fergie

Banned
Listen, I knew Moyes wasnt popular around here and but they got defeated by a bunch of tzatzikis. You should be ashamed of yourself. Think of Fergies heart...wow...
starlordfinger.gif

Pls.

slider

Biiiig changes must be due at end of season. Fucking Ashley Young? Twat. Although I remember him turning us (WHUFC) down for Villa.

doicare

Just shut up.
I should really report that comment to a moderator. Don't talk to people on Gaf like that or you will get banned.
First goal was class.
1st wasn't lucky.

He meant to flick it.

We suck. What's luck is that Moyes is still United manager.
What are you even talking about? He flicked it into the corner.
People can scream he flicked it all day long untill they're blue in the face and drop down unconscious from a lack of oxygen but that'll never change the fact that a miss hit long range shot that was never going in was hit into a crowd of players and the ball randomly went to the guy who stuck out a foot.
Because then there is no fucking 2 page discussion over a lucky or unlucky goal if you are in the lead 2-3 goals which our 300k machine should at least try to create.
Not every team can be Bayern, Real or Barca and win 3-4 nil. On any given day any of the teams in last rounds of the champions league can raise themselves to beat another and when it really matters luck makes all the difference no matter how many people want to pretend otherwise.

Jarnet87

The great thing about Moyes is his unwaivering beliefs. He'll play the same formation and tactics, with almost the same exact squad at the weekend.

Clegg

80 minutes to create our first proper chance.

Maybe we don't hslave the players to challenge the best teams right now. But Olympiakos most definitely aren't one of the best teams in Europe.

Moyes can't get an attacking team playing attacking football. This is down to him.

bud

80 minutes to create our first proper chance.

Maybe we don't hslave the players to challenge the best teams right now. But Olympiakos most definitely aren't one of the best teams in Europe.

Moyes can't get an attacking team playing attacking football. This is down to him.

give him some time, clegg.

you've said several times that moyes hasn't had the chance to build his own team yet.

slider

I always ensure my replacements at work are shit. Fergie obviously didn't need to do that but I'm mighty confused by... everything.

doicare

I hear you man. I'm a Liverpool fan and we have the exact same problem this season in defence. We're doing loads worse as a res....Oh hang on.
This year's been an exception, luck's been on Liverpool's side. Most years Liverpool can't even get top 4 let alone stand a chance of winning the league.

FootballFan

The great thing about Moyes is his unwaivering beliefs. He'll play the same formation and tactics, with almost the same exact squad at the weekend.

This was/is Barcelona too. Except we have Busquets/Xavi/Iniesta and Messi/Neymar/Sanchez/Pedro. Very similar philosophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom