• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

comment_KZzxqtUEtVWlDBhNsusLgzfF2hj7K6Yp.jpg

Why the fuck is Woodward taking a picture????

TeddyBoy

Do the Northern Irish (not displaced RoIrelanders) hate the English?

I was under the impression they stereotypically don't like the English, never talked to one in real life though.

Horrible performance from United, but 2-0 isn't insurmountable, just make sure you don't concede again.

Into

Keane:

"There is a lack of confidence and there are some players who just don't have the quality. We've been brainwashed that the Premier League is the best in the world - nonsense.

"It's the best brand in the world but they have fallen behind, United more than most. They need six or seven players to rebuild the club.

"Privately David Moyes will be shocked at the quality he is working with."

Salvadora

There would be no problems with Rodgers becoming England manager.

It's significant Football job. No one has a problem with him managing an English club. I'm not sure why anyone would.

Arnie

What would you say the percentage was of those who hate the English to those who don't?

Was wondering if Rodgers would have a problem managing England if he was uneployed and asked to
Rodgers isn't going to be unemployed for the rest of his professional coaching career.

Marc

No Moyes interview? He sends out Carrick to shrug his shoulders and talk about standing up?

The hell?!? Should be sacked on that alone, I NEED MY COMEDY DAMNIT!

I liked Keane calling out Carrick for being a pussy.

Into

Michael "The Next Makelele" Carrick:

"We've lost a game. We came here hoping to win but we are not out of the tie. It's not ideal. We had good possession in the first half without penetrating through their lines but at the same time they didn't cause us any problems.

"We didn't start the second half well and that put us on the back foot. We are not getting results and as players we have to take that on the chin.

"You're looking for me to blame someone but everyone at the club is judged by results."

Nicktendo86

That "judge us on results" comment is shocking. Has Moyes really drilled into the mid table mentality so much that the results we have had is good enough?

doicare

Players never improve? They just get luckier?
If Liverpool consistently keep finishing in the top 4 then yeah their players improved, if they only manage it once or twice and the rest of the time they're no where near then it's just as much luck. Because in previous seasons they've not even been close to the top 4 and they've basically still got the same team as the last few years then imo for now their just having a lucky season.
Well they are gonna get CL football so he's doing something right.
Yep things are going well for them this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom