• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Moc

Banned
Moyes on bbc 5 live: "We came into the game in good form."

And that's the difference (well, one of them) between him and Ferguson. Moyes thinks that a solitary victory and a home draw against relegation candidates are good results. His mindset is all wrong for a club that is expected to win things. When Utd eventually sack him, i'll be amazed if anyone in the Prem even takes him on. His attitude seems to be toxic to the players.

doicare

*sigh* You don't seem to understand how teams are built or how players sometimes struggle to fit in with a managers ideals, particularly when an entire restructure is required.. Sterling was not great for a lot of last season and didn't play for the entire second half of it, he's just a kid and was struggling with the transition to being a first team player. Henderson still wasn't particularly good and has only really found his role this season. He's been one of the best CM's in the league. Sturridge we got halfway through and has been consistently brilliant since then. Suarez became a god tier player this season, possibly due to Brendan hiring that sports psychologist.

To say 'these are the same players as last season' doesn't make an iota of sense.
I could write a really long winded response shooting that down but i can't be bothered as i'm tired now tonight. Keeping things really, really simple, this season Liverpool are currently 4th and only 4 points off the top. Last year they finished 7th and were 28 points off being top and the year before that they finish 8th 27 points of the top. That sort of turn around is dramatic and unusual. If Liverpool for the next few seasons can consistently keep finishing in the top 4 only a few points off the top then i'll happily say that i was wrong. If Liverpool next year go back to finishing outside of the top 4 and are no where near challenging for the title again then that proves this year has just been a lucky season.

Elchele

1688951_672791979426069_999603380_n.jpg

Meier

I can't really feel bad at all for United fans since this sort of thing happens in US sports all the time. It's usually very cyclical here. Their fans have been very fortunate for a very long time.

Jarnet87

He knows how to fix it, but what is he supposed to do outside of the transfer window? Admittedly he failed to add anyone in positions they needed in January but I put that on Woodward for not doing better in the summer.

A lot of deadwood at United that need putting out of their misery.

Change his style, drop players who are coasting and make a statement. United could have avoided a ton of these pathetic defeats if we had just played a high pressure game with a quicker tempo. There is no reason Vidic Rio and Evra along with some others to get any more games this season regardless of our injuries, yet Moyes will put them out there every week.

Everyone knew we had dead weight going in to the season yet Moyes wanted to see it first hand. Like it was that hard to see that Anderson stunk, our back line is full of players past their or injury prone, etc. All known problems an 8 year old could spot.

Elchele

Bayern fans are reall riled up about this Kroos business, aren't they. It's a bit embarrassing.

how so? I think everyone has known from day 1 that Kroos isn't leaving, and surely not leaving Bayern to join Manchester United. It is only funny

I can't really feel bad at all for United fans since this sort of thing happens in US sports all the time. It's usually very cyclical here. Their fans have been very fortunate for a very long time.

Especially since a large chunk of those fans only started supporting United because they were successful.

Clegg

I don't think it will tbh.

I'm not backing that up with any hard evidence tbf. Just a feeling for how fans go. Even they can see a trend. Even they can see a con.

You could be right. They've been more patient with him than just about anyone would've thought. Although, I thought I heard a smattering of boos at the final whistle a few weeks ago

Arnie

how so? I think everyone has known from day 1 that Kroos isn't leaving, and surely not leaving Bayern to join Manchester United. It is only funny

Posting continuous and relentless jokes about Kroos moving to United (both Bla and yourself have provided completely separate 'funny' images on the subject in the last hour) whenever United have a bad evening (which might also contribute to the seeming relentlessness) gives the impression that it's something which has irked you.

From my perspective, knowing the story is just Mirror garble, it's tiresome to see the pair of you distort the conversation from what should be a simple shellacking of United into a debate about Kroos.

Given your persistence with it I'd say it's got under your(that is plural, not personal) skin.

Elchele

Posting continuous and relentless jokes about Kroos moving to United (both Bla and yourself have provided completely separate 'funny' images on the subject in the last hour) whenever United have a bad evening (which might also contribute to the seeming relentlessness) gives the impression that it's something which has irked you.

From my perspective, knowing the story is just Mirror garble, it's tiresome to see the pair of you distort the conversation from what should be a simple shellacking of United into a debate about Kroos.

Given your persistence with it I'd say it's got under your(that is plural, not personal) skin.

personally I just found the pic funny and wanted to share it. I didn't see Bla's pics.
If I had, obviously I wouldn't had posted it

German humour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom