• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Minor point: United captain should be standing up and doing the post-match interview. But then this is a United captain who's on his bike

@ollieholt22

Ouch. OUCH.

King_Moc

Banned
And those players didn't play for Liverpool last year?

*sigh* You don't seem to understand how teams are built or how players sometimes struggle to fit in with a managers ideals, particularly when an entire restructure is required.. Sterling was not great for a lot of last season and didn't play for the entire second half of it, he's just a kid and was struggling with the transition to being a first team player. Henderson still wasn't particularly good and has only really found his role this season. He's been one of the best CM's in the league. Sturridge we got halfway through and has been consistently brilliant since then. Suarez became a god tier player this season, possibly due to Brendan hiring that sports psychologist.

To say 'these are the same players as last season' doesn't make an iota of sense.

Based on that, Man Utd playing well in the second leg may well not be enough. They need Olympiakos to play badly as well, and fail to score.

Still, its the only tie so far out of 6 that isn't over before the second leg

kharma45

Moyes: "surprised" at the performance "didn't see it coming"

"I'll front up" take responsibility... after asked if disappointed in players

"we'll put it right"

Nilaul

Based on that, Man Utd playing well in the second leg may well not be enough. They need Olympiakos to play badly as well, and fail to score.

The Greek's could just defend 300 style. No need to attack. They are good at this. The goal is narrower then the passage of Thermopylae and they just need to hold out for 90 minutes.

Into

HraHGqT.jpg

Big nosed dane is sad =(

Wes

venison crêpe
If someone's immediate reaction to seeing a goal is "that was unlucky" then there's nothing wrong with that. Even if replays were to suggest otherwise they can still say they thought it was unlucky if they want to. I said Villa were unlucky to concede against Newcastle in the last minute at the weekend but most people would disagree and they would probably be right. We have all said our team has been unlucky at some point or other, we all just have different levels of when things are lucky, skillful or as a result of just playing awful.

Likewise, if anyone has an opinion as to why any team is doing well or badly for any spell of time then that's fine too, even if that differs from what the general consensus held in the media or by the fans.

Instances like this are perfect opportunities to discuss the game of football further. We're all fans of the game. We all like talking about it. Situations like these should encourage greater discourse in the thread, not cause any tensions between the participating members and especially not ostracising anyone from feeling they can have their opinion about a football topic heard in these threads. That said, it requires give and take by all involved to achieve such an accord within a community. Be accepting of other people's opinions just as you would want them to be accepting of yours.

On a final note: I know it's never going to be possible to keep things completely harmonious in here, especially when passions have been flared up due to something happening like a live game, but a reminder to always abide by the rules of the forums. I try to keep on top everything in here but I'm obviously not always on hand. If you have any kind of question, grievance or report to make you can drop any mod a PM, doesn't have to be me, and you'll be helped out.

Feorax

Hard to believe that the next leg of this game at OT might well be the last we see of United in the Champions League for at least 18 months. Probably longer if Moyes sees out his contract.

Scum

All EPL teams in Yurop, bar Chelsea of course, have Soldado'd so far. D:

Then Olympiakos score first...

Moyes: "surprised" at the performance "didn't see it coming"

"I'll front up" take responsibility... after asked if disappointed in players

"we'll put it right"

Fucking hell.
Torresdeadontheinsidebowling.gif

Moyes has been saying the same things since the turn of the year.

Suggests to me that he doesn't know how to fix this.

He knows how to fix it, but what is he supposed to do outside of the transfer window? Admittedly he failed to add anyone in positions they needed in January but I put that on Woodward for not doing better in the summer.

A lot of deadwood at United that need putting out of their misery.

pulga

Banned
If someone's immediate reaction to seeing a goal is "that was unlucky" then there's nothing wrong with that. Even if replays were to suggest otherwise they can still say they thought it was unlucky if they want to. I said Villa were unlucky to concede against Newcastle in the last minute at the weekend but most people would disagree and they would probably be right. We have all said our team has been unlucky at some point or other, we all just have different levels of when things are lucky, skillful or as a result of just playing awful.

Likewise, if anyone has an opinion as to why any team is doing well or badly for any spell of time then that's fine too, even if that differs from what the general consensus held in the media or by the fans.

Instances like this are perfect opportunities to discuss the game of football further. We're all fans of the game. We all like talking about it. Situations like these should encourage greater discourse in the thread, not cause any tensions between the participating members and especially not ostracising anyone from feeling they can have their opinion about a football topic heard in these threads. That said, it requires give and take by all involved to achieve such an accord within a community. Be accepting of other people's opinions just as you would want them to be accepting of yours.

On a final note: I know it's never going to be possible to keep things completely harmonious in here, especially when passions have been flared up due to something happening like a live game, but a reminder to always abide by the rules of the forums. I try to keep on top everything in here but I'm obviously not always on hand. If you have any kind of question, grievance or report to make you can drop any mod a PM, doesn't have to be me, and you'll be helped out.

it's one thing to say a goal or a game here or there were unlucky

its completely another thing to claim every single goal/game is unlucky

wes pls why are you acting like you're new here

I'll ask this here since I don't know where else to ask it. Is Inazuma Eleven 3 worth spending twice as much for than Inazuma Eleven 1? Both 3DS. 3 is 35 euros 1 is 18.

Messi

I agree with this. Every time United lose he appears to say the same stuff. But never any other time.

I agree.

You can't take you-know-who's posts in isolation. He says the same things over and over again.

That's not discussion.

It's adopting a pre-determined viewpoint and using it to antagonise other posters.

WJD

How didn't he expect a performance like that after picking the eleven that he did? We could all see what was going to happen and we're all idiots.

He knows how to fix it, but what is he supposed to do outside of the transfer window? Admittedly he failed to add anyone in positions they needed in January but I put that on Woodward for not doing better in the summer.

I think he's just in way over his head, and doesn't have the bollocks to make the necessary changes even if he can see their viability.

Shit wingers, great strikers, and a great creator. 4-3-3. Done. Adapt the team, learn some new tricks as a manager. Give it a go at home against a shit team. But nope. Said shit team arrives at Old Trafford, and said shit wingers and great creator proceed to pump a record number of useless crosses into the box.

Clegg

There's enough quality within the team for us to be doing so much better than we are. I just think that he's not the man to get it out of the players. He's too cautious as a manager and doesn't seem to have a grasp on his to utilise the qualities of his attacking players.

United need an overhaul of the squad. But at the end of the day all he's doing is bringing in better players and spending huge amounts doing so. We've still seen nothing to suggest he's actually the right man for the job.

Messi

I agree.

You can't take you-know-who's posts in isolation. He says the same things over and over again.

That's not discussion.

It's adopting a pre-determined viewpoint and using it to antagonise other posters.

Its crazy how easily he antagonizes people in here now. It completely derails all discussion.

Scum

Moyes should put to good use what he has. Adnan and Kagawa should have started. Where was Felliani? Why play Cleverley?? Are Jones and Evans injured? What the fuck was Rio doing there??

Bad results are one thing but Moyes should shake shit up. 4-4-2 in Europe? Bitch, pls.

L1NETT

Good times will feel all the better after the bad I guess...

Not a lot left to say which hasn't been said already frankly

Stick with it. Plenty of teams worse off than you.

Young and Valencia seem genuinely scared to do anything other than cross the ball or play a 5 yard pass

What's David Moyes' favourite food?

Chicken wings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom