• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

Moyes is so clueless. His stubborn ways at the club would maybe be admissible if this were his first year in the Premier League. This is a guy whose been here for years, seen United play a much better brand of football, and on top of that he played a different way at Everton. Carlo Ancelloti is a pretty stubborn guy but he's smart enough to know when something isn't working you change it up. His emphasis on the diamond was killing him at Chelsea, so he just went back to the 4-3-3 and grabbed a domestic double.

Scum

He's playing the same deadwood still.

Valencia has done absolute shit all season. But oh no he's strong physically = can defend. Same shit with Young and Cleverley.

Rio and Vidic is somewhat of a mess, injuries in defence tbh.

Before he was spouting how about United got this, then comes out with it's not unexpected.

Is Fellaini injured again?

Clegg

Indeed.

My Da knows a fella who was offered £100m for his farm. To this day I don't know why he didn't take it.
Loss of livelihood etc. Farm could've been in the family for generations. Hard to let go.

But yeah, 100m for a plot of land. That's just madness.

pulga

Banned
BhRv_DMIEAA1ICH.jpg

noice, very smart to do that when you're about to face Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale, slowpokes that they are lololol

Fergie

Banned
Is Fellaini injured again?
Nope. Just wanted to play Clev and made that decision a week before the match.

Fellaini just came back from being out since Dec so I can understand it.

Adnan one is baffling. He hasn't played much since Mata came, yet he has to be rested again.

Clegg

One of my favourite stories. This woman taught, well tried to, my Dad piano a long time ago.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1322812/Woman-refuses-250000-for-garden-of-grass.html

Was big money at the time for such a small plot.
During the boom years you could've sold any sort of land for huge money if it was in a desirable area.

Things are better now prices are lower. Shame it took us losing billions to realise that.

I have no lectures/tutoring tomorrow so in theory I have a free day. But I have a fucking essay on property law due. Need to sleep on that.

arkon

Wow at the CL scores.

Didn't expect much from Zenit but I thought United might get a draw. From what I heard on the radio they could have lost by so much more too.

Scum

Nope. Just wanted to play Clev and made that decision a week before the match.

Fellaini just came back from being out since Dec so I can understand it.

Adnan one is baffling. He hasn't played much since Mata came, yet he has to be rested again.

4-2-1-3
------------- RVP ------------
Rooney ----------- Adnan
---------- Kagawa --------
Carrick ----------- Fellaini

or

4-2-3-1
--------------- RVP ---------------
Rooney -- Kagawa -- Adnan
----- Carrick ----- Fellaini -----

Don't know about the backline due to injuries but not a bad idea for tonight, surely?

FootballFan

4-2-1-3
Rooney ----------- Adnan

or

4-2-3-1

Don't know about the backline due to injuries but not a bad idea for tonight, surely?

Stipulation in Rooney's MEGA contract that he be only played behind the striker.

Fergie

Banned
4-2-1-3
Rooney ----------- Adnan

or

4-2-3-1

Thing is, it's either CF/CAM for Rooney, since RVP is the main ST.

Mata/Shinji are relegated to the left or right.

Manchester United = Rooney United.

Scum

Wow at the CL scores.

Didn't expect much from Zenit but I thought United might get a draw. From what I heard on the radio they could have lost by so much more too.
If Moyes' Boys had been up against R. Madrid or Bayern tonight, then yeah. D:

But he gets dragged off to MC though...

Stipulation in Rooney's MEGA contract that he be only played behind the striker.
FFMmr.gif

Jarnet87

Which is why we need to drop RVP. I honestly think the 4-4-2 would work if we played a high pressure system, but we know that will never happen.

Fergie

Banned
that doesn't explain why moyes constantly plays him as a central midfielder after a sub or two.

If Moyes' Boys had been up against R. Madrid or Bayern tonight, then yeah. D:

But he gets dragged off to MC though...

FFMmr.gif
Don't think it's in his contract, it's just the position he prefers. I think he's better up.

Which is why we need to drop RVP. I honestly think the 4-4-2 would work if we played a high pressure system, but we know that will never happen.

Would be better if it was free flowing.

wedward

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 46m
Morata has agreed to join Arsenal IF, I repeat IF, I insist IF, clubs agree fee. He will push for Madrid to accept Arsenal's offer.

Thanks Pulg. We will turn him into a world beater for you. You can have him back in a couple years for 60m.

K1LLER7

The 4-2-3-1 which was used against C.Palace worked. IMO it was the best we looked (going forwards) in the PL all season. 1 driving midfielder, quick interchanging of passing and positions, less predictable as the team actually tried playing through the middle.

Moyes had to continue that style into this game, but instead he just reverted back into the same old crap we've seen for the majority of the season.

Scum

Wilbury will hunt me down and bukkake me for this but 4-1-3-2 will better. That 4-4-2 is off no use with Young and Valencia still there. Stick RVP and Rooney up top, one out of Mata/Adnan/Kagawa behind them and have Carrick, Fellaini and a new MC behind them. Pjanic, maybe?
But still 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-1-2, Moyesey. Ditch the 4-4-2.

pulga

Banned
Thanks Pulg. We will turn him into a world beater for you. You can have him back in a couple years for 60m.

I could see him going to Arsenal for a loan. If we'd send him to, lets say, Chelsea he would probably wanna stay there. But Arsenal? He'll be bawling on the phone to Zidane in two months time, shrieking for someone to come pick him up.

Jarnet87

Wilbury will hunt me down and bukkake me for this but 4-1-3-2 will better. That 4-4-2 is off no use with Young and Valencia still there. Stick RVP and Rooney up top, one out of Mata/Adnan/Kagawa behind them and have Carrick, Fellaini and a new MC behind them. Pjanic, maybe?
But still 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-1-2, Moyesey. Ditch the 4-4-2.

You're asking United to go from relying on wing play, to having none at all. Baby steps brah, baby steps. And this ain't Italy brah, ain't nobody got time for poverty 4-3-1-2 or christmas tree formation. It's all about the 4-3-3 and the 4-2-3-1.

gate777

I love the salty United British tears in this thread. NEVER EVER underestimate the 40 times Champions of Greece.

1-1 at old trafford. Calling it now.

ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ!!!

Scum

Hitch, looks like the Gotham pilot script might be fake.

You're asking United to go from relying on wing play, to having none at all. Baby steps brah, baby steps. And this ain't Italy brah, ain't nobody got time for poverty 4-3-1-2 or christmas tree formation. It's all about the 4-3-3 and the 4-2-3-1.

Well, atleast Man Utd GAF gets to see the back off Evra this summer.

Wilbur

Banned
I love the salty United British tears in this thread. NEVER EVER underestimate the 40 times Champions of Greece.

1-1 at old trafford. Calling it now.

ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ!!!

Salty? Who, apart from doicare who has all the sentient thought of a bottle of cum, is salty? Everyone's saying you deserved to win right?

Congrats on the win, on that note.

survivor

Banned
I'm reading the thread about the crash on the bitcoin market. Posters talking about people who've invested their life savings in it and have now seen it all wiped out.

While this is all happening I still haven't the slightest as to what bitcoin actually is. Paid zero attention to it. There was some load in uni trying to get us onto it but we paid little attention to it.

The idea behind it and how mining new coins works is pretty cool, but it's just not worth the effort for me. I don't have good hardware to participate in mining or the money/will to invest in it.

Jarnet87

Hitch, looks like the Gotham pilot script might be fake.

Well, atleast Man Utd GAF gets to see the back off Evra this summer.

I think Evra gets too much criticism, he's been overworked for 3-4 seasons now. The guy has played almost 50 games a season for 7 straight years now. We've had tons of opportunities to work in squad players and young guys to give Evra a breather, yet Ferguson never did it and Moyes is doing the same thing. This season and the past one he's basically had to do 2 jobs down the left because of how unbalanced and one sided the team is. Ashley Young is a useless lazy fuck who likes to get the ball from Evra, sit on it, and then make Evra overlap him every time.

rvy

Banned
It's a sad day when a Panathinaikos fan is running his mouth in a football thread after beating United.

#basedmoyes

#wilburwillnotlastanotherseason

Wilbur

Banned
I think Evra gets too much criticism, he's been overworked for 3-4 seasons now. The guy has played almost 50 games a season for 7 straight years now. We've had tons of opportunities to work in squad players and young guys to give Evra a breather, yet Ferguson never did it and Moyes is doing the same thing. This season and the past one he's basically had to do 2 jobs down the left because of how unbalanced and one sided the team is. Ashley Young is a useless lazy fuck who likes to get the ball from Evra, sit on it, and then make Evra overlap him every time.

He should get a rest every once in a while, but he still has all the positional sense of a boner in geography

wedward

I could see him going to Arsenal for a loan. If we'd send him to, lets say, Chelsea he would probably wanna stay there. But Arsenal? He'll be bawling on the phone to Zidane in two months time, shrieking for someone to come pick him up.

Sorry Pulg. No loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom