• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Buttner is shit. Fuck him. I'd rather we let a balloon play there than that gypsy fucking toenail.

shit youre gonna need about 6-7 other balloons then

-----------Rooney - RVP

---Balloon - Cone - Balloon - Mata

Balloon - Balloon - Balloon - Balloon -

-------------------DDG

edit: fucking killed me to throw Mata on the wing. Moyes what is wrong with you.

Wilbur

Banned
shit youre gonna need about 6-7 other balloons then

-----------Rooney - RVP

---Balloon - Cone - Balloon - Mata

Balloon - Balloon - Balloon - Balloon -

-------------------DDG

edit: fucking killed me to throw Mata on the wing. Moyes what is wrong with you.

Worked against Palace; the difference was then that it was Januzaj on the other side, and all three (with fat cunt) are fluid creative players. When we play Valencia, we know he is staying out on that right side, and that means that there is no movement on that flank apart from entirely vertically.

pulga

Banned
Worked against Palace; the difference was then that it was Januzaj on the other side, and all three (with fat cunt) are fluid creative players. When we play Valencia, we know he is staying out on that right side, and that means that there is no movement on that flank apart from entirely vertically.

well woop dee fucking doo
KuGsj.gif

please baby you sound broken

maybe its time you go spoon with dean and fall gently asleep

Who looks most like a drug dealer

Skrtel
Buttner
Andy Carroll

I didn't include Agger as he's really an user only, doesn't have the intellect of someone like Buttner to make a business out of it.

pulga

Banned
Were you not cumming this weekend because you beat Elche?

i was cumming because that made us top of the league
ibefhJFdeKYMRU.png

big difference over somewhat trying to justify moyeezus' decision to throw mata on the wing just because you beat palace

but i know that you know better than to try excusing moyes' shit tactics

bud

Who looks most like a drug dealer

Skrtel
Buttner
Andy Carroll

I didn't include Agger as he's really an user only, doesn't have the intellect of someone like Buttner to make a business out of it.

i would be afraid of buying drugs from skrtel. he'd probably shoot you afterwards. buttner seems... unreliable. probably lies about it. tells you it's grade a colombian coke when in it's actually just powdered sugar. carroll seems like he could be a nice drug dealer. a total bro who you could smoke together with.

Wilbur

Banned
i was cumming because that made us top of the league
ibefhJFdeKYMRU.png

big difference over somewhat trying to justify moyeezus' decision to throw mata on the wing just because you beat palace

but i know that you know better than to try excusing moyes' shit tactics

He also played on the wing for AVB and RDM and did fine. There's a difference between your position being nominally on the wing - as in, that's where he starts and then drifts infield - and the tactics, which are the problem here; not just the fact he's on the wing. Same with Shinji.

Our central midfielders don't cover that flank defensively, Rooney refuses to move from that fucking hole so there's no space for Mata/Shinji/Adnan (and RVP clearly) to do anything there, so Mata coming inside offers nothing because he's only going to have to play it to Evra on the wing anyway if he does do that. It's not about his position, it's about the tactics.

K1LLER7

well woop dee fucking doo
KuGsj.gif

please baby you sound broken

maybe its time you go spoon with dean and fall gently asleep
Mata has a free role (or he did in that game). He plays everywhere, just like Silva at City.

Moyes should give Shinji more time too. Played 15 mins and was our best player lol :(

I am a Liverpool fan. It is a glorious day. Sunshine, blue sky and Moyes ruining United. With th Glazer debt he could literally ruin them. I really hope they get Europa League though. Statistically it makes getting into the Champions League the next year MUCH harder. Sadly Everton will probably get the place now.

I've criticised Kagawa a lot, but there was such a gulf between him and Young/Valencia in the way he looked comfortable on the ball, and looked to create something intricate and effective, its ridiculous

pulga

Banned
fiiiine guys, keep mata on the wing of your avant garde 4-4-2. its working out perfectly so far!

im outie, need to try to wake up early tomorrow! nights guys

subtles

Kagawa is, as a player, fundamentally better than both Young and Valencia. The gulf in class is there for everyone to see. This hasn't exactly translated into performances though.

i.e Give him to Brendan.

Wilbur

Banned
fiiiine guys, keep mata on the wing of your avant garde 4-4-2. its working out perfectly so far!

im outie, need to try to wake up early tomorrow! nights guys

"guys i cant believe you play mata on the wing and not in the hole"

i3M5YkVCrsjPx.png

"praise rooney he is the only reason you're not relegated because he plays (in the hole)"

ifgGMbNJTlrFR.png

pulga

Banned
"guys i cant believe you play mata on the wing and not in the hole"

i3M5YkVCrsjPx.png

"praise rooney he is the only reason you're not relegated because he plays (in the hole)"

ifgGMbNJTlrFR.png

looool are you raiding my fb

please all my rooney talk is tongue in cheek, he's holding your team back oh so very much lolololol

NOW LET ME SLEEP

Ashes

Banned
Movement off the ball is a bigger problem than I thought. Even in a straight laced four four two, we'd get tons of players moving in the olden days.

Scum

He also played on the wing for AVB and RDM and did fine. There's a difference between your position being nominally on the wing - as in, that's where he starts and then drifts infield - and the tactics, which are the problem here; not just the fact he's on the wing. Same with Shinji.

Our central midfielders don't cover that flank defensively, Rooney refuses to move from that fucking hole so there's no space for Mata/Shinji/Adnan (and RVP clearly) to do anything there, so Mata coming inside offers nothing because he's only going to have to play it to Evra on the wing anyway if he does do that. It's not about his position, it's about the tactics.

----- RVP/Rooney -----
Mata -- Kagawa -- Adnan
--- Carrick -- Fellaini ---

I've criticised Kagawa a lot, but there was such a gulf between him and Young/Valencia in the way he looked comfortable on the ball, and looked to create something intricate and effective, its ridiculous

He's a bloody good player. He should be fighting in the No. 10 role with Mata and Adnan. But all three have been shoved out by Rooney.

Draconian

Haha recording that match was the best decision I've made in awhile. Cleverley, Young, Carrick, and Valencia were all terrible. Ferdinand looks like someone who's been retired for 5 years attempting to make a comeback. He gives it away constantly and doesn't close anybody down. So many laughable giveaways at the back for United. Kagawa looked decent when he came in, but you can rest assured you won't see him for awhile because Moyes plays the same squad over and over again expecting different results. It's the kind of midfield you'd expect the 10th place team in the EPL to have, not Man U.

Gotta tip your cap to Olympiakos though. They just went out there and dominated United. Campbell's goal was something special.

I like how it's up to us now to save the EPL from complete embarrassment in the CL. Hopefully we play well tomorrow.

I love the salty United British tears in this thread. NEVER EVER underestimate the 40 times Champions of Greece.

1-1 at old trafford. Calling it now.

ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ!!!
Define what you mean by salty.

Almost all Man Utd. fans here know the Olympiakos match will not be a cakewalk, and you have to admit we were so shit in the match.

GorillaJu

Olympiakos have always been a decent team in the CL, at the very worst. By most estimations they'd fit in mid-table in the Premier League, and we've all seen that mid-table tables in the PL are well good enough to beat Man Utd.

The way Moyes plays RVP and Rooney reminds me of my first few tries in FM. I bought expensive players and just play them out of position because they demanded to be played.

That's how it looks like to me. Rooney has been quality but putting him as CAM gives us a threatening advantage, but he isn't really a playmaker which we sorely needs.

Also, for fucks sake if you want to play Evra every match just fucking put him as a defensive winder then, instead of having Young. Yes, I really think Evra as a winger would do so much better than fucking Young.

subtles

It'll take a lot more than replacing Moyes at this stage, or even the player personnel, to see United back at the top. The entire coaching backbone that made United successful all these years has been torn apart. In 25 weeks Moyes has made a mockery of Fergie's 26 year legacy. As shit as they were, this was the team that played on equal footing with anyone in the league and even had the Madrid tie wrapped up. Now every club fancies playing them. All they've done to the squad is add £63m of talent and one of the most promising youngsters in England.

How could it go so wrong, so fast?

The one thing that is clear to me is that Moyes, as a reactionary manager, doesn't have any overarching vision for United. Nothing he's said or done has shown any end goal. Some managers do not need words to describe their footballing project but make it apparent on the pitch. The team's shape, intensity, movement and passing show no consistency. In fact, the only ubiquitous concept seems to be the aimlessness. In an age of Football projects it seems like United is being left behind.

Take a moment to think of the qualities of some of the more celebrated coaches in Football, those of today and those of times past, and compare it those of David. He may well get the team playing tomorrow but what is he aiming for?

This summer is pivotal for United. If they get it wrong they'll dig themselves a trench that will be very difficult to get out of.

Jack cw

Oh my. I was expecting Olympiakos to win but that performance was poor by United. I can't see them turning this around. One goal at Old Trafford and it's over. And lol at Klopp.

Salazar

Thesis review done. Home stretch. Final stylistic edit then I shoot this motherfucker into space*

*Send to markers. Panic. Eat Nandos and splurge on Steam games. Wait.

dc89

After reading RVP's comments about his team mates getting in the way and forcing him to change his approach I can only consider RVP as being the new Messi.

jOlbU4n7gZaqP.jpg

Linius

Pack it up Salzburg, Van der Hoorn is coming with us.

In other (good) news, we're close to signing Zivkovic for this summer. Very talented attacker from Groningen.

who didn't see this coming? for the past 3 seasons united have been the most average team in the league, i still don't know how fergie won two titles with the current squad, i think everyone knew they needed a overhaul, moyes.

hey united fans .....

how do you feel about Rio facebook?

The way Moyes plays RVP and Rooney reminds me of my first few tries in FM. I bought expensive players and just play them out of position because they demanded to be played.

That's how it looks like to me. Rooney has been quality but putting him as CAM gives us a threatening advantage, but he isn't really a playmaker which we sorely needs.

Also, for fucks sake if you want to play Evra every match just fucking put him as a defensive winder then, instead of having Young. Yes, I really think Evra as a winger would do so much better than fucking Young.

De gea as a winger could do much better than Young.

subtles

If we can get a RCB that reads the game as well as Hyypia that would be the CBs sorted.

Circle of life. Its not only Bayern doing this. Look at PSG, Monaco, City, Chelsea, Real...
Bayern and Barca have at least a competent youth that brings up some great talents.

Maybe United should do it too...

But Kloppetto :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom