• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

iA1S7dn62Q3Kk.png

joel-campbell-goal.gif

joel-campbell-goal-2.gif

This is the same great defending as Getafe did against Messi.

Lapo Elkann let Llorente drive his Fiat 500 in Milan yesterday. Wonder if he threw up afterwards:
I like Llorente's style though.

--

In other news, Fiorentina is complaining about the Borja Valero ban (four games after the meltdown vs Parma) and Andrea Della Valle is saying that it's unfair and Balotelli has done worse in the past and wasn't punished for that. Doesn't sound right to me but it's nice to know that they keep thinking about us <3

Was hoping to wake up to Moyes being sacked.

Old United I would have confidence in coming back but not this one.

Season is done bring on 17th and England lifting the WC.

Jack cw

Truthbombs incoming.
Roy Keane said:
‘I think we’re brainwashed by the Premier League,’ said Keane.

‘It’s not the best league in the world. Nonsense. It’s the best brand.

'Our teams have fallen behind the best European teams, United in particular.’

We weren't sure about Olympiacos, but give them credit, they were technically better than United.

Clegg

I am a Liverpool fan. It is a glorious day. Sunshine, blue sky and Moyes ruining United. With th Glazer debt he could literally ruin them. I really hope they get Europa League though. Statistically it makes getting into the Champions League the next year MUCH harder. Sadly Everton will probably get the place now.
This post shows a fundamental lack of understanding of United's financial state. The debt genuinely isn't a problem anymore. Interest repayments have been halved which was a real win for the Glazer's. World record sponsorship deals are in the pipeline so there won't be problems with income. Lack of CL for a few seasons would hurt, but it wouldn't be the end for the club. We're not in the position that Liverpool were in a few years ago.

FootballFan

This is just a rough copy, but what do you guys think of having something like this in the OP?

Oviously would be a cleaner, higher quality version with real locations of footballGAF-bros.

i75iDIPtxi4kS.jpg

Feorax

Seen several reports we're looking at Isco in the summer.

I don't get it. The only way that could work is if he was happy to perpetually play as a winger, or play a lot deeper than he notmally does like Coutinho is doing.

Can't see him leaving Madrid that quickly anyway.

TeddyBoy

Isco rumour is from Caught Offside. Please dont give it any attention.

I thought caught offside got their info from twitter anyway? Not that twitter is a good souce either.

Isco would sort of make sense from the old "buy unused good players" thing we had with Sturridge and Coutinho, but his price tag would be quite a bit steeper than either of those.

GorillaJu

Not only would he still cost a lot of money in transfer fees, he's at Real Madrid which means he's already going to be near the top end of our wage structure. He is a very good player, but is he so much better than Coutinho that he'd be worth that investment? I doubt it. Plus I'm not sure we'd be his first, second or even third choice club if he did want to leave Real.

subtles

It's time for a disco.

tumblr_n1cx4eDTZJ1t3y88ho1_250.gif

Not only would he still cost a lot of money in transfer fees, he's at Real Madrid which means he's already going to be near the top end of our wage structure. He is a very good player, but is he so much better than Coutinho that he'd be worth that investment? I doubt it. Plus I'm not sure we'd be his first, second or even third choice club if he did want to leave Real.

tumblr_mwy0bkQl6A1qd59vmo1_250.gif

As FootballFan would say: We need more marketable players.

Jack cw

According to SportBild Barca wants Thomas Müller...
Barcas president Josep Maria Bartomeu has greenlit the effort to get him from Bayern.
Facts: Müller has a contract until 07/17 and would cost around 60 million.
Sammer already said that Bayern wont even read any offers regarding Kroos and Müller.
tumblr_mlrqfak0l11qaa8d1o1_500.gif

sohois

Even during a transfer window, links are petty much always craptacular.

Transfer links thrown about in the season itself are even less reliable than that. I try and avoid all transfer news that doesn't originate during the windows.

Feorax

Not to yake away from Isco's obvious talent, but I would much rather have Konoplyanka or Griezmann. As natural wide players, either of them would offer us a lot more right now than Isco would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom