• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Is that where you live?

Richmond looked lovely.

I go to uni there, was around innit. Richmond is lovely, sitting by the river with a sandwich is one of my favourite things to do.

well, ESPN has the rights of the league so they call it that most of the time. It's the "official" name.

the official name of The Barclays Premier League is the Barclays Premier League yet you call it EPL

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Q6MftLx.jpg

8jdKVwf.jpg

wait you're russian? do you have a pet moose?

no
KuGsj.gif

LTWheels

I go to uni there, was around innit. Richmond is lovely, sitting by the river with a sandwich is one of my favourite things to do.

Richmond is lovely. I spend a lot of my summer around the pubs out on the river.

Thank god it hasn't gone to shit like Twickenham has over the last 5 years.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So it's true, BVB is after Immobile!

Torino and Juventus own Ciro Immobile, but his agent confirms “Borussia Dortmund have approached us.”

The striker is co-owned between the two Turin clubs, a situation that will have to be re-negotiated at the end of the season.

“At the moment Borussia Dortmund have only approached us, but they did observe him several times,” representative Marco Sommella told fantagazzetta.com.

“Borussia Dortmund’s interest shows how much the player has grown, as he was able to score 13 Serie A goals from open play this season.”

There are strong reports Immobile will receive his first senior Italy call-up for the friendly with Spain next week.

“His dream would be to go to Brazil with the Nazionale. Ciro keeps his feet on the ground, even if Cesare Prandelli will have to evaluate his excellent performances.

“In June we will decide what is the best option going forward. For the moment we can’t help but be grateful to Torino President Urbano Cairo for his faith in the player.”

Arnie

It did look very picturesque.

Twickenham was a wee bit greyer.

Maltloaf or whatever it's called before Richmond was also very pretty. Looked like Lytham or Southport, except without the water.

Timurid

So it's true, BVB is after Immobile!
They're going to have to cough up a lot of dough to both clubs. I read that Cairo wants rube to give him another year on loan with us. If rube say no then it'll go into a blind auction. Tbh I don't think it's good idea to leave this summer. Maybe year or two.

Also no player should suffer by going to Germany. I don't wish that tragic fate to any player.

Allianz are an insurance company, aren't they?

They own banks in some countries (bulgaria for example) and have controlling stake in Commerzbank.... Go read their wiki yourself. But if you're too lazy here's some other good stuff.

FRANKFURT -- A leading German insurance company insured factories, barracks and motor pools operated by the SS in or near concentration camps during World War II, according to documents recently uncovered at the German federal archives.

Often in cooperation with other German insurance companies, the Munich-based Allianz Group underwrote insurance for fire and property damage to slave-labor production sites at the Auschwitz, Dachau and Buchenwald death camps, the documents indicated.

Allianz representatives made personal visits to the factories to determine the risks associated with the policies, making it likely that at least some employees of the German insurer knew what was happening in the death camps.

"We brought guilt upon ourselves during the Third Reich". (that is a quote from a board member)

But at least they aren't a bank.
ieWQRwVFXk29S.png

Blablurn

Sometimes when I'm in front of the TV and dont have computer or phone next to me... and i see a team scoring... it makes me wanna go online and post here.

Yen

Today in definitely true rumors:

Joseph Barton @Joey7Barton
@OllieHolt22 rumour he (Vidic) changes in a separate changing room and refuses to be part of group anymore, all down to how contract was handled.

Today in definitely true rumors:

Joseph Barton @Joey7Barton
@OllieHolt22 rumour he (Vidic) changes in a separate changing room and refuses to be part of group anymore, all down to how contract was handled.

So he changes with the away team? When I visited OT there wasn't two home changing rooms

Jack cw

So it's Bayern bringing shame to their league on their own while the clubs with a proper moral just has to try and survive.
Nature of things I guess. Moral in sports especially when its economic business is something thats ditched very often. I'm not proud of Allianz history or the general automobile manufacturing in Germany because of the 3rd Reich and the base of their money is coming from that time. But times change and Bayern sets signs against denying holcaust or racism
and they worked hard to get were they are now. BVB, Stuttgart, Wolfsburg, Leverkusen and Bremen had enough chances to close the gap but got greedy and did bad management. Look at Dortmund. Going into the stock market nearly killed them and the debt they have is the reason why they wont compete with Bayern when it comes to money. Same goes for many other clubs. They have this phobia against investors while Bayern raised their value so high that they could easily sell 8,33% of their share to Allianz for 110 million €. Not exactly Bayerns fault if they take their chances.

Slizz

Its all crumbling in front of our eyes!!!!!

Arnie was right! United to be extinct!

Moyes is such a goober, just step down. He's out of his element/league/pay-grade/etc.

Yen

Sounds like it. But Vidic should be leading by example and trying to make his last six months memorable instead of pussying out and being a cunt.

I know United and all its glory are being eroded right before our eyes, but c'mon, it's Joey Barton.

Nature of things I guess. Moral in sports especially when its economic business is something thats ditched very often. I'm not proud of Allianz history or the general automobile manufacturing in Germany because of the 3rd Reich and the base of their money is coming from that time. But times change and Bayern sets signs against denying holcaust or racism
and they worked hard to get were they are now. BVB, Stuttgart, Wolfsburg, Leverkusen and Bremen had enough chances to close the gap but got greedy and did bad management. Look at Dortmund. Going into the stock market nearly killed them and the debt they have is the reason why they wont compete with Bayern when it comes to money. Same goes for many other clubs. They have this phobia against investors while Bayern raised their value so high that they could easily sell 8,33% of their share to Allianz for 110 million €. Not exactly Bayerns fault if they take their chances.

I was mostly kidding there, was merely pointing out the hypocrisy in refusing to name Barclay because it's an evil institutions when he himself has no problems with Allianz. Of course Bayern or the current Allianz has nothing to do with the third Reich... and I don't blame any clubs for getting the best sponsorships.

Jack cw

I was mostly kidding there, was merely pointing out the hypocrisy in refusing to name Barclay because it's an evil institutions when he himself has no problems with Allianz.

Fair enough. Its Jupp, I understand you Wooden ;)
I like it that Bundesliga isnt called after a sponsor yet, but I think its going to be Volkswagen Bundesliga soon... which is sad.

Salvadora

I'd give Moyes until the end of the summer transfer window, personally.

No point sacking him now, as you've got nothing to play for and no managers of quality appear to be available. See what he does when given the opportunity to perform massive surgery on the squad, at least.

Wilbur

Banned

No point sacking him now, as you've got nothing to play for and no managers of quality appear to be available. See what he does when given the opportunity to perform massive surgery on the squad, at least.

He isn't leaving this season or this summer. No point even discussing it really.

L1NETT

I just suppose you get to a point (some might argue they already have) whee the squad and the atmosphere around it isn't salvageable, no matter how much money you throw at it.

Sacking him at the end of the transfer window would be pointless, they'd be better off hiring a manager at the start of the window so he can bring in the players he wants.

But Moyes won't be fired anyway, he's a yes man, so there's no point even discussing his sacking

Nah just sack him at the end of the season and get a new manager in. No point in him forming a team he has no ability to manage.

Also, no point giving him until next Christmas as no good manager is going to be available at Christmas.

FuturusX

On some level you have lay the blame on the Glazer toads and Fergie for his complicity. The team in certain areas - has been left to languish for a few years now.

Moyes was not handed the best squad in the world. He's under-performing for sure, but UTD needed an exceptional manager to ride them through the re-build if they wanted to maintain top 4 football and a descent CL run.

Bad results is one thing. But playing pathetic football is quite another. Moyes needed to gamble yesterday. Inject pace and passion into the side. Even at the risk of playing a bit too open.

His real problem is that he's now retracted into a psychological shell, with the words "must not lose" reverberating amongst his cranium.

The team is playing to not lose rather than going out there to win.

This was not the kind of re-building job for an average craftsman. It was the job for a visionary architect. A modern forwarding thinking innovator.

Someone a great deal more evolved than Fergie ever was or Moyes will ever be.

That man was....but you know what? It doesn't really matter now :p

pulga

Banned
Beer in my hand on ass on my seat, let's do this shit.

Bristish cunts are singing some stupid song, wish theyd shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom