• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Bhb6KLbIgAAzpfe.jpg

Meier

The worst thing about the timing of Moyes' shitting of the bed is that due to the fact Bayern have flexed their muscles so much and strangled out Dortmund, the timing would be perfect for Klopp to leave for a "new challenge." :(

K1LLER7

Yeah Moyes has shown zero tactical ability so far and we've got no obvious improvement path. Liverpool had some rocky moments last year but you could see what Brendy wanted to do, we've got sweet fuck all.

Yeah, He's had all season to show change and all we've seen are glimpses in the C.Palace game, but then he reverts back to the shit-show we've witnessed all season, against Olympiakos.

He needs to go.

The worst thing about the timing of Moyes' shitting of the bed is that due to the fact Bayern have flexed their muscles so much and strangled out Dortmund, the timing would be perfect for Klopp to leave for a "new challenge." :(

I think Mourinho and Klopp fights could be entertaining. Although I'm afraid Mou would catch rabies.

Jarnet87

Moyes has March to prove he isn't a complete buffoon out of his depth?

UNLEASH THE 4-4-2 !

In before he drops RVP, plays Kagawa, Mata, and Januzaj behind Rooney and we win games in style. United fans rejoice in Moyes finally growing a pair. Season starts in August, first game:

Back to to 4-4-2 with Young, Valencia, RVP, and Rooney all starting. I am dead.

FootballFan

Yeah, He's had all season to show change and all we've seen are glimpses in the C.Palace game, but then he reverts back to the shit-show we've witnessed all season, against Olympiakos.

He needs to go.

You leave behind one of the top performers in your team, you deserve to lose. Ridiculous decision to leave Januzaj home.

Meier

Guardian say City going for Shaw in the summer too.

City, United, Chelsea...

What a bidding war that could be.

I've been clamoring for us to sign a new LB for a long time. Alberto Moreno was my primary target after Baines. He actually said in the media the other day that he was aware of the talk about Madrid and City but was just focused on Sevilla. I really hope we go balls out to get him although if Madrid are truly interested (and there are rumors he already agreed to terms with them), then obviously I think we'll come up short.

Jarnet87

Shaw is coming to United. It's part of the pay everyone 200,00 a week initiate, AKA the copy City plan. Hopefully it will one day get us back into the Champions league.

LTWheels

How the papers have turned...

Moysey was always the chosen one, United misunderstood what it meant.

He is the chosen one to restore balance to the league, by making United an average side, not chosen to lead them to glory.

Mou already texted him up sorry.

Brendan is going to touch his face this weekend, sorry

So what did people think of the chelsea 2nd half? I didn't get to see it because i had football to play :(

Second half was a bad performance, at times could barely get the ball over the halfway line. But still looked rather comfortable in defense most of the time save for a few chances. Also the ref went fucking crazy with yellow cards at some point and still didn't give one to Melo who tried all the best he has learned to get one.

Zabojnik

"In a shocking move, United confirmed today that the club's new manager for the season 2014/2015 will be none other than Brantan Rodgers."

It'll never happen. But what if it did? Would be worth it just for Arnie's reaction.

So what did people think of the chelsea 2nd half? I didn't get to see it because i had football to play :(

Didn't see it, but I'm sure it was shit. CL football, lol. EL is where it's at.

Facism

Second half was a bad performance, at times could barely get the ball over the halfway line. But still looked rather comfortable in defense most of the time save for a few chances. Also the ref went fucking crazy with yellow cards at some point and still didn't give one to Melo who tried all the best he has learned to get one.

yeh Melo was playing a dangerous game in the first half, he is a bit of a cunt.

it's always fun when you play a team that's had a new manager for a week ;)

pulga

Banned

what.a.fucking.goal. why couldnt you be klass in your time with us?

You knobends are 3 points behind Real after being like 7 points ahead in November. Messi is dead. Neymar is bang average and his transfer has dragged your club's name through the mud. Your defense is a joke. Your leftback is a rat. Your keeper is counting down the days to leave.Your style of play is dull as fuck. Do one.

i c a n t b r e a t h e

gsgun4udt.gif

i love you sometimes hitch

Only United don't have any excuse really. Arsenal played the best team in the competition by far and were a man down before losing 2-0. Chelsea drew away in a hostile atmosphere with a shitty referee. City are relatively new to this, came up against an experienced and better team and were also down to ten men.

But you guys go ahead with your blanket statements :lol

4-0 and 6-1 is far more damning.

I wouldn't say by far. Also, that "new" thing is bollocks, they're all football players with plenty years of experience with an experienced manager as well. You make them sound like they're toddlers playing their first football match.

Just accept what Keane said. You've all been brainwashed into believing the EPL is the best league, but in reality it's only the best marketed league. EPL teams have become mediocre.

The king is back! First victory in Germany since 2000.

qh8VVeJ.png

Carleto is the chosen one.

Our first, but not last, victory over a german team this season, I'd wager :3

I love how the crests' size go according to the massiveness of the team. Little baby Barca lololol

I don't find those images funny.

Of course you wouldn't. It's another person piling on the laughing stock that is Moyes' United.

GorillaJu

"In a shocking move, United confirmed today that the club's new manager for the season 2014/2015 will be none other than Brantan Rodgers."

It'll never happen. But what if it did? Would be worth it just for Arnie's reaction.

Brendan the betrayor

Tbh I don't think he'd leave us even for City.

Wilbur

Banned
I wouldn't say by far. Also, that "new" thing is bollocks, they're all football players with plenty years of experience with an experienced manager as well. You make them sound like they're toddlers playing their first football match.

Just accept what Keane said. You've all been brainwashed into believing the EPL is the best league, but in reality it's only the best marketed league. EPL teams have become mediocre.

Regardless of whether they're new or not, they lost to the better team. No shame in that.

And again, you seem to keep mistaking what the best league is, and all of you guys all seem to watch more Premier League games than you do La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga games. So... it may be a self fulfilling legend, but the majority of this thread - even those that aren't English - contribute to that too.

Of course you wouldn't. It's another person piling on the laughing stock that is Moyes' United.

Even the ones without United aren't funny :lol. It's impressive the speed he does it, but they're just not funny in the slightest.

Elchele

"Sports director Zubizarreta was in Zagreb today. Barcelona closed pre-deal with Dinamo player Alen Halilovic (17) [md]".

Do we have any Croatians in footygaf?

Is this guy good? Must be atleast somewhat talented if we are going for him.

Some guy from Sky Italy said a few months ago that he had signed with Bayern already. Could be his agent spreading bullshit around the media.

pulga

Banned
Whose goal was better tonight?

Bale 2-0

bale.gif

or

Ronnie 3-0

ronaldo.gif

I think I like Bale's better. Dat technique and dat finish.

Wes

venison crêpe
The manager's high-tech scouting set-up with its extensive list of possible transfer targets has impressed the owners

1) The guy with the hair at the place I used to work. - Technology used: Contact lenses.
2) That guy that that other club no longer wants. - Technology used: Newspaper.

Elchele

1) The guy with the hair at the place I used to work. - Technology used: Contact lenses.
2) That guy that that other club no longer wants. - Technology used: Newspaper.

This reminded me of:

"With Klinsmann, we had Powerpoint presentations and we spent thousands of euros on computers so that he could show the players in epic proportions how we wanted to play, with the emphasis on the word 'wanted','' explained Hoeness.

"Heynckes has a flip chart with five marker pens which cost €2.50 each. He draws the opponent's formation on the chart and says a few things about it. We are winning games with Heynckes for €12.50 whereas we spent lots of money with Klinsmann for little success. A coach is not young or old, he is just good or bad.''

pulga

Banned
Regardless of whether they're new or not, they lost to the better team. No shame in that.

And again, you seem to keep mistaking what the best league is, and all of you guys all seem to watch more Premier League games than you do La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga games. So... it may be a self fulfilling legend, but the majority of this thread - even those that aren't English - contribute to that too.

Think that has to do with the diversity of foreign talent in EPL teams. You've got tons of players from all over the world, which naturally draws the interest of, well, the world. It's not as marketable to watch an Athletic de Bilbao game where all them cunts are from one region in Spain, or any other spanish team where the majority of players are spaniards. Does this make the EPL a better league? Nope, as evidenced by how all English teams choked this round. It just makes it the most marketable league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom