• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddyBoy

Apparently, according to Football Weekly Extra, this week, Alonso left Liverpool primarily due to the changes in UK tax law. He was very upset with the increased tax...

I don't believe that for a second, Alonso left because he fell out with Benitez when Alonso took a couple personal holidays when his son was born.

Game of the weekend is definitely the league cup final, seeing Jack Colback lift the trophy will be glorious
(lol, yeah right 4-0 City).

subtles

Kpop thread is dead?

It's shell may live on, to a degree, but the spirit that would pour into other threads died when the thread was closed. It's never been the same since.

Have we sacked him yet?

tumblr_n1o4qiu4AS1raxpsqo1_1280.png

subtles

K-pop has always been shit, the kind of shit that even Fred Durst would say had too little integrity and talent.

I couldn't say. I've only heard three K-pop songs in my life. A friend of mine in Uni tried convincing me that K-pop was the home of real performances. No lip sync or other form of digital wizardry.

Fight Him.

hiroshawn

Banned
VfL Wolfsburg 29/20
VfL Wolfsburg at 1899 Hoffenheim

2. Udinese 37/20
Udinese at Cagliari
3. Napoli 10/23
Napoli at Livorno

4. Fiorentina 5/7
Lazio at Fiorentina
5. Juventus 20/23
Juventus at AC Milan

6. Real Madrid 1/1
Real Madrid at Atletico Madrid

Total Bet: $10.00
Total Potential Win: $632.17

Great odds for the Madrid Derby

Blablurn

VfL Wolfsburg 29/20
VfL Wolfsburg at 1899 Hoffenheim

2. Udinese 37/20
Udinese at Cagliari
3. Napoli 10/23
Napoli at Livorno

4. Fiorentina 5/7
Lazio at Fiorentina
5. Juventus 20/23
Juventus at AC Milan

6. Real Madrid 1/1
Real Madrid at Atletico Madrid

Total Bet: $10.00
Total Potential Win: $632.17

Great odds for the Madrid Derby

good luck parlay prince

Kenka

Stop bashing the Bundesliga while I am absent you weaklings.

Come at me, and try to criticize anything that isn't
south of Munich

How the fuck do mugs like Tony Gale pretend to have the knowledge to deign Olympiakos 'a team that wouldn't get promoted from the Championship, not a good team'?

I won't pretend to know whether that's true or not, but I very much doubt that Gale knows any more about them than I do

Jack cw

Stop bashing the Bundesliga while I am absent you weaklings.

Come at me, and try to criticize anything that isn't
south of Munich

I love your spirit Kenka, but Bundesliga outside of Bayern and Dortmund is failing miserably international. Frankfurt put up a great fight but I can imagine that they arent unhappy to get rid of the EL to focus on the league. Schalke made more mistakes in one game against Real than many other teams in a season. Neverkusen gave up before the game started. I'd say that Schalke and Leverkusen destroyed much of the credibility and respect the Bundesliga got in the last 1,5 years.

FootballFan

How the fuck do mugs like Tony Gale pretend to have the knowledge to deign Olympiakos 'a team that wouldn't get promoted from the Championship, not a good team'?

I won't pretend to know whether that's true or not, but I very much doubt that Gale knows any more about them than I do

I agree with the sentiment.

Hello Kenka. FCB for life.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The Cardiff owner Vincent Tan has said that the success the club enjoyed under Malky Mackay was due to luck rather than good management.

It's never nice to see any club get relegated but I am going to enjoy watching this one.

You've probably spent weeks of your life watching efukt clips and shitty Danish football. Count to ten before you come down hard on other folks' entertainment choices.

Danish football is better entertainment and efukt videos are sexier. Think about all those girls that ruined their lives for our entertainment before you shit on that kind of fine arts.

Don't actually mean the last part, that is the only reason that k-pop is somewhat enjoyable.

On that note it annoys me to no end you named that the poznan, we did it against you fuckers too before them! But I guess there wasn't much of the same fan base back then watching Dunne, Ireland and Robinho be idiots.

Kenka

Kenka! Where have you been
all my life
?
Kicking walls for having supported Zerokusen.
I love your spirit Kenka, but Bundesliga outside of Bayern and Dortmund is failing miserably international. Frankfurt put up a great fight but I can imagine that they arent unhappy to get rid of the EL to focus on the league. Schalke made more mistakes in one game against Real than many other teams in a season. Neverkusen gave up before the game started. I'd say that Schalke and Leverkusen destroyed much of the credibility and respect the Bundesliga got in the last 1,5 years.
I wonder what happenned to Werder, HSV, Stuttgart which used to put up a good fight in the EL. It's the second year in a row the German clubs shit the bed in the EL. It cannot go on this way.

To go back to what you said, I wonder what Schalke and Leverkusen problems are. They are like the German equivalents of Lazio and Parma.

Razor554

Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Alen Halilovic (17) will sign a 5-year contract at Barcelona. He will first join the B-team.

BhhbkCMCAAAWMEZ.jpg

pls be gud

Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Alen Halilovic (17) will sign a 5-year contract at Barcelona. He will first join the B-team.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhhbkCMCAAAWMEZ.jpg[IMG]

[SPOILER]pls be gud[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

Is that his real account? I've seen articles about that guy signing for like every big club in Europe in the last year.

[quote="FootballFan, post: 102596879"]Also Milch he looks fat.[/QUOTE]

Considering he probably won't play for us again, who cares.

Jack cw

Kicking walls for having supported Zerokusen.

I wonder what happenned to Werder, HSV, Stuttgart which used to put up a good fight in the EL. It's the second year in a row the German clubs shit the bed in the EL. It cannot go on this way.

To go back to what you said, I wonder what Schalke and Leverkusen problems are. They are like the German equivalents of Lazio and Parma.

My guess is that its a mix of many mediocre players, who lack international class and the coaches of the clubs. I like Veh, Hyppiä and Keller. They are gentlemen but have seriously no fucking clue about tactics and strategy. Neverkusen has basically no leader. Not on the pitch and not inside the club that could go forward and act as a face for the club. Same goes with Schalke. Too inconsistent, a much to wide gap between good players and bad players and like all the other clubs, no idea of tactics. Its not really the budget that seperates them from the big clubs but the lack of identity and proper strategy on the pitch. With all respect to PSG and Real, but only an idiot would play 4-3-3 against them if the overall team is two classes worse. Instead of pressing against the midfield of those teams, they simply wait and hope to get the ball in their own half, but the way is too far to start a proper counter. These are simple tweaks that could have saved them from this embarrasment. Bundesliga hasnt understand how important it is to win the ball back in the opponents half by relentless pressing. Defending alone wont help against the individual skill of Lucas, Ibra, Ronaldo or Bale. Cutting the midfielders out of the game is key if you want to compete against the big guns. This is only scratching the iceberg that the problems are but these are the most fundamental. If you lack the skill in football, you could compensate it by positioning and tactics.

Edit: Conclusion:
Bundesliga is pretty shitty besides Bayern.
Bundesliga is utter shit besides Bayern and Dortmund in international competitions.

Kenka

My guess is that its a mix of many mediocre players, who lack international class and the coaches of the clubs. I like Veh, Hyppiä and Keller. They are gentlemen but have seriously no fucking clue about tactics and strategy. Neverkusen has basically no leader. Not on the pitch and not inside the club that could go forward and act as a face for the club. Same goes with Schalke. Too inconsistent, a much to wide gap between good players and bad players and like all the other clubs, no idea of tactics. Its not really the budget that seperates them from the big clubs but the lack of identity and proper strategy on the pitch. With all respect to PSG and Real, but only an idiot would play 4-3-3 against them if the overall team is two classes worse. Instead of pressing against the midfield of those teams, they simply wait and hope to get the ball in their own half, but the way is too far to start a proper counter. These are simple tweaks that could have saved them from this embarrasment. Bundesliga hasnt understand how important it is to win the ball back in the opponents half by relentless pressing. Defending alone wont help against the individual skill of Lucas, Ibra, Ronaldo or Bale. Cutting the midfielders out of the game is key if you want to compete against the big guns. This is only scratching the iceberg that the problems are but these are the most fundamental. If you lack the skill in football, you could compensate it by positioning and tactics.

Edit: Conclusion:
Bundesliga is pretty shitty besides Bayern.
Bundesliga is utter shit besides Bayern and Dortmund in international competitions.
I thumb up everything you said. While it wasn't mentioned in your comments, nor mine, the recent downfall of the Bundesliga dinos happenned at a moment when the whole football gotha started to make really big bucks and the gap between good and the best teams became appearing to all. Dortmund jumped in in time while they were the less likely to succeed among BL teams. I would have given Hertha more chances to be where Dortmund is now.

Not only Merder, Hamburger and Shitgart missed the train but they will face the dire consequences in the forthcoming years too and they suffer the disadvantage of seeing Scheisske and Zerokusen erase the little credibility their league has, damaging potential TV contracts abroad. I don't foresee the end of the bad days for any of these clubs anytime in the near future. I would be actually happy if Werder and Hamburg go down since it would mean that teams à la Augsburg currently in the 2. BL might bring fresh ideas and tactical dispositions to the 1. BL.

Zabojnik

Has anyone read the novel 'S.'? I'm thinking of buying it and GoT tomorrow.

I've been thinking about getting two copies, one for me, one as a gift. I've only read one or two reviews and they haven't been overly enthusiastic about it. Could be a classic J.J. Abrams product. All flash, no substance. Maybe not, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom