• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
such bitterness

Well it's no wonder really. Mata probably told del Bosque not to call him up, he can't deal with the competition, it's much easier to be the best footballer in your club when the alternatives are Young, Nani, and play a make Park Ji Sung.

Scum

Löw really does hate BVB, doesn't he?

I remember when we had our breakthrough season, the national team wasn't as good as it is today and players like Hummels, Schmelzer, Bender, etc struggled to get a call up.

Players like Hahn don't even need a whole good season to get called up. Mustafi gets a call up for fuck knows why.

Jack cw

Ginter, Mustafi (wtf), Hahn and Lasogga nominated for Germany.

tumblr_m4hl0zUOqr1r4pwi4o1_r1_500.gif

Salazar

They're just talking about rumors, I wouldn't give any special credence to it just because it's on Football Weekly. Rafael Honeigstein, occasionally Amy Lawrence have legit insider information, the rest of the time they're just as clueless as us and are going off what they read in papers/on Twitter.

Aye. Guardian likes to dip its toe in the same scum as Banned Paper.

sohois

Aye. Guardian likes to dip its toe in the same scum as Banned Paper.

I recall a while back seeing some data on how many transfer rumours the English papers actually get correct that they report.

Whilst the likes of the Sun and the Mail got dismal 25%s, broadsheets like the Guardian and the Times really didn't do much better with no paper on higher than 33%. All of the papers ended up pretty close to each other in terms of unreliability.

Jack cw

Why Leverkusen? Bender and Sam is arguably one Sam too much. Löw just hates Kießling.

Neuer
Lahm-Boateng-fuckinhere-Contento
Schweinsteiger-Toni K
Müller-Götze-Weiser
Weihrauch

Shite team

Still better than Schmelzer and Hummels. And Gomez is basically still Bayern player. Well, Reus might be starter. Instant WC win.

bud23

Ever since I started playing Fifa I've come to realize why many call Madrid a den of cunts. Apparently 90% of the people who choose Real Madrid, play and act like total cocks. Incredible.

Yeah, it's easy to pick the best team. I'm not gonna lie, I always play as Madrid. Can Crusher, are you on PS3?

qh8VVeJ.png

Torres, Im crying; Spain calls up Diego Costa, who could make his International debut for 'La Roja'. The list of 22 players. No Torres, no Mata.

Goalkeepers: Casillas, Reina and Valdés.

Defenders: Juanfran, Javi Martínez, Ramos, Alba, Azpilicueta, Albiol.

Midfielders: Xabi Alonso, Busquets, Xavi, Koke, Thiago, Iniesta, Navas, Cazorla, Cesc and Silva.

Forwards: Pedro, Diego Costa and Negredo.

GorillaJu

That very opening part where Kagawa is in a perfect space, wide open pass, room to run and maneuver on either side, and Young looks up, sees him, decides he's going to beat his man, nope... never mind, then gives up. Kagawa isn't a god, but he's better on the ball than a fucking fullback. I realize he passes to Rooney, but its going to the wide man instead of down the center when the counter could be on. Fucking idiot.

cremino

Yeah, it's easy to pick the best team. I'm not gonna lie, I always play as Madrid. Can Crusher, are you on PS3?

qh8VVeJ.png

wtf
Torres, Im crying; Spain calls up Diego Costa, who could make his International debut for 'La Roja'. The list of 22 players. No Torres, no Mata.

Albiol.......

Scum

That very opening part where Kagawa is in a perfect space, wide open pass, room to run and maneuver on either side, and Young looks up, sees him, decides he's going to beat his man, nope... never mind, then gives up. Kagawa isn't a god, but he's better on the ball than a fucking fullback. I realize he passes to Rooney, but its going to the wide man instead of down the center when the counter could be on. Fucking idiot.

Moyes has trained them well. They've forgotten that there's a middle bit to the pitch. Kagawa needs to hug the lines if he wants to be noticed. D:

I recall a while back seeing some data on how many transfer rumours the English papers actually get correct that they report.

Whilst the likes of the Sun and the Mail got dismal 25%s, broadsheets like the Guardian and the Times really didn't do much better with no paper on higher than 33%. All of the papers ended up pretty close to each other in terms of unreliability.

Usually the main papers do a good job. But things change at clubs so transfer priorities change or maybe a club had sent a scout to watch a player once etc. People have a go at John Cross but he is in the know. If he makes an Arsenal comment about a transfer then at the time of writing it is what Arsenal are thinking of doing.

Scum

Tottenham v Cardiff
Chelsea v Tottenham
Tottenham v Arsenal
Benfica v Tottenham
Tottenham v Southampton
Tottenham v Benfica
Liverpool v Tottenham

zknS7MG.png

Salazar

"He is looking only the ball" is Young in a nutshell.

It's really difficult to hold off the impression of him as straightforwardly "technically poor".

He pulls off properly impressive stuff once or twice every fifteen or so games. Not arguing that doesn't happen. And I wouldn't say it's pure luck when it does happen.

But he runs like a constipated crab. His repertoire of tricks pales in comparison to Jarvis and Snodgrass. Like the video said, he lacks not only vision (in the imaginative sense) but the capacity to look around while on the move. His crossing is shite. Almost everyone else's is, too, but he is crap at timing it, directing it, striking it. And added to the fact that giving him the ball is on a par with puncturing it in terms of goal threat, he can't even fucking reliably shift responsibility. Or if he does, it's to one of our jittery twat defenders. Or all the way back to Dave, who then gives it to the jittery twats.

He shouldn't. No one should just go back to their old club after under-performing somewhere else. It's a bitch move. If you leave your team and your coach, you just can't come back with your tail between your legs as a prodigal son.

Maybe he'll join Honda at Milan. That would be great for the Japanese national team if the WC was in like 2016, not this year.

Like Ian Rush that bitch.

or a even more legendary striker, CORNELIUUUUUUUUUS.

Scum

It's okay, that Ade conversion rate will save you.
Back to bed, GQ.

It's OK, Spurs always finish a season well.
:-/

It's really difficult to hold off the impression of him as straightforwardly "technically poor".

He pulls off properly impressive stuff once or twice every fifteen or so games. Not arguing that doesn't happen. And I wouldn't say it's pure luck when it does happen.

But he runs like a constipated crab. His repertoire of tricks pales in comparison to Jarvis and Snodgrass. Like the video said, he lacks not only vision (in the imaginative sense) but the capacity to look around while on the move. His crossing is shite. Almost everyone else's is, too, but he is crap at timing it, directing it, striking it.

He has too much FIFA on the brain. You can see that in his football. "I pulled off this sick move last night and I want the chance to show it off..."

LegoArmo

Friday isn't a good football day, is it? Especially with no United playing this weekend, that's 75% of the thread confused about what to do if they can't post formations.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bhjlm59CIAAUNRb.jpg:large[IMG][/QUOTE]
it looks good on him

[img]http://cdn.tuttosport.com//images/68/C_3_Media_1444168_immagine_ts673_400.jpg

He shouldn't. No one should just go back to their old club after under-performing somewhere else. It's a bitch move. If you leave your team and your coach, you just can't come back with your tail between your legs as a prodigal son.
too right!

CANNA.jpg

_47499336_juventus_cannavaro_afp.jpg

:( :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vidal has scored 39 goals since joining Juve, 18 of them gave his team a 1-0 lead

'I swear every time Juve play and you guys talk about it, Vidal seems to score, but his goalscoring record is not spectacular.'
\​
image.php

Meier

REKIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKK. Thank you City. We want him next season too btw.

Nice! Was hoping he'd get into the squad. Definitely deserves the reward. It'll be interesting to see what we do with him next season. Another one or two away on loan is probably in everyone's best interest since he's still so young.

Meier

FM update? Well... I know I said I was done yesterday but... You know...

What's in it? Do you have to start a new save for any of the changes to be evident? I never really notice the updates to be honest. With my second save, I've turned Reading into a power and survived an initial takeover in the 2nd year when some Eastern European businessman came in and wanted to put in a Ukrainian coach. Now that I've built the team up even further, another takeover is imminent and AVB is being rumored as my replacement even though I am "Untouchable." I've never been sacked in FM. :(

UEFA's Control and Disciplinary Body has suspended Manchester City FC manager Manuel Pellegrini for three UEFA competition matches, one of which is under probation for two years.

http://www.uefa.org/disciplinary/news/newsid=2065579.html

THREE? Sheesh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom