• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Fuck. Everton replaced the winnable game against Swansea at home and is right before an away trip to Munich....

eh, on the flip side, a cup win could be a nice momentum boost going into what is basically the most difficult fixture possible. just hope we don't pick up any more injuries along the way; Ox looked great on his return from injury. Really need him to step in and fill Theo's shoes.

Lightning

Banned
eh, on the flip side, a cup win could be a nice momentum boost going into what is basically the most difficult fixture possible. just hope we don't pick up any more injuries along the way; Ox looked great on his return from injury. Really need him to step in and fill Theo's shoes.
Only Bayern, Sunderland and Stoke to that Everton game.

I really miss Aaron Ramsey.

WJD

Watching Rooney compilations on YouTube at the moment trying to make myself feel a little less sick about us giving him £300k a week.

wedward

Same. Seeing the team without him has made me realize how much better he makes us.

Missing our best all around player and our best finisher and we are only 1 point off the top. If Ramsey can come back for the final run in and play anywhere near his level from the first couple months we should be ok.

I don't like what's happening right now, but I'm tired of hearing Capello criticising our team and Conte all the way from Russia.

They're both wrong. Just pick up the phone and sort it out with him, not through the media.
Capello is just bored. He has nothing to do with the Russian League on break.

[/QUOTE]

I don't see how he's being "insecure", but okay. If Capello can talk shit about him / this Juve, so can Conte. It's been a long time coming too. He's not one to turn the other cheek, never has been.
Does that not sound like insecurity to you? Who cares what an old semi-retired geezer freezing his ass off in Russia is saying?

wedward

Arsene Wenger on Mourinho, "I'm embarrassed for him, honestly. I'm more disappointed for Chelsea than for me."

If Mourinho had said "other managers are afraid of failure" and Wenger had lashed out like a child the way Mourhino did, everyone would be saying "Mourhino's mind games are at work again"

It's all media bullshit.

Lightning

Banned
Same. Seeing the team without him has made me realize how much better he makes us.

Missing our best all around player and our best finisher and we are only 1 point off the top. If Ramsey can come back for the final run in and play anywhere near his level from the first couple months we should be ok.
The best thing is we can beat Everton. They are not as good as Liverpool going forward, they have a better defence, but I think the team we put out there today can take them.

jtb

Banned

All winnable. So far, we've been very good at putting away these types of fixtures, especially with a week of rest in between. If we get some kind of result against Bayern, there shouldn't be any reason for our cup run or league form to suffer. hell, even if we do lose to Bayern, we seem to get back on track pretty quick from losses in these big games.

basically, at this point, we need to win against Everton. that's another huge potentially season-defining game.

Plasma

Banned
what a bellend, Mou is so deep inside his head he shows up in Wenger's childhood memories.

Pretty sure if anyone can stomach the abuse they receive here.

Y4kaZSZ.jpg

Then he really couldn't give a shit about what Mourinho says.

Wenger has been our being a little voyeur again, if anything is embarrassing it's complaining about Chelsea selling Mata to United in January, and saying how weird it is to sell a top player to a rival team, especially considering RVP and all the Arsenal City boys. I almost feel bad for him though, he can't even walk properly anymore let alone zip his jacket. He's never going to win anything again.

Wenger has been our being a little voyeur again, if anything is embarrassing it's complaining about Chelsea selling Mata to United in January, and saying how weird it is to sell a top player to a rival team, especially considering RVP and all the Arsenal City boys. I almost feel bad for him though, he can't even walk properly anymore let alone zip his jacket. He's never going to win anything again.

yup, just a senile french cunt. makes sense he can't find his pocket since he spends so much time at Mourinho's.

Marc

that's a good response.

Yeah, Bob Wilson made some good comments about it. Such as remembering Tom Finney and the classy way he was and how Mourinho contrasts that so badly.

Still, Mourinho is talking facts but in a disrespectful way. 8 years without a trophy, and the last one being the most one sided flukiest cup win ever... well Wenger is a lucky man.

Yeah, Bob Wilson made some good comments about it. Such as remembering Tom Finney and the classy way he was and how Mourinho contrasts that so badly.

Still, Mourinho is talking facts but in a disrespectful way. 8 years without a trophy, and the last one being the most one sided flukiest cup win ever... well Wenger is a lucky man.

No such thing as a flukey win against those cunts

bud

bought 4gamers' ps3 bluetooth headset.

this thing has a three hours talking time. i no longer have the receipt.

i've made a huge mistake.

Fry

Now there's only the league left for us. If we keep playin the way we have, and get significantly better in defence with Agger and Allen back, I can see we getting 2nd. (3rd is real possible at this stage)

bud

Now there's only the league left for us. If we keep playin the way we have, and get significantly better in defence with Agger and Allen back, I can see we getting 2nd. (3rd is real possible at this stage)

i think liverpool should just focus on getting into fourth so they can try to qualify for champions league football next season.

can't see them getting ahead of arsenal, chelsea, and city.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Funny how a good day can turn upside down by just one incident :(

Buffon already named him as his successor. It's happening.
He didn't.
But it's still happening.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how excited are you about this?

and pls, we have to talk about Nando's ability to the head the ball

what is this

fucking insane

Trez 2.0

Arnie

i think liverpool should just focus on getting into fourth so they can try to qualify for champions league football next season.

can't see them getting ahead of arsenal, chelsea, and city.

Same. Looking for 3rd or 2nd is pointless. All we need is Champions League football, even that would be far above our realistic aim for this season.

Not too bothered about today, we looked tired and yet still we were the better team with more control. Sure, Webb did a Webb and jibbed us out of a pen, but Gerrard should probably have gone just after, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom