• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Same. Looking for 3rd or 2nd is pointless. All we need is Champions League football, even that would be far above our realistic aim for this season.

Not too bothered about today, we looked tired and yet still we were the better team with more control. Sure, Webb did a Webb and jibbed us out of a pen, but Gerrard should probably have gone just after, too.

how is 3rd pointless? its a guarantee of cl.

Zabojnik

On a scale of 1 to 10, how excited are you about this?

and pls, we have to talk about Nando's ability to the head the ball

what is this

fucking insane

Trez 2.0

And that's by getting two useful crosses per match on average. 4-3-3, Berardi, done.

Again, I have no idea who Oblak is, nor where this Juve rumor originated.

Feorax

Same. Looking for 3rd or 2nd is pointless. All we need is Champions League football, even that would be far above our realistic aim for this season.

Normally I agree, but the idea of having our transfer committee/Ayre negotiating deals with a qualifier still to play late in the summer terrifies me.

3rd pls.

Walshy

Not too bothered about today, we looked tired and yet still we were the better team with more control. Sure, Webb did a Webb and jibbed us out of a pen, but Gerrard should probably have gone just after, too.
Don't you think Monreal deserved to be sent off for his early challenge?

Whilst I like the majority of Arsenal-GAF, their fixtures are ridiculously tough and with our league form we should be looking at trying to catch them. Have you seen their next eight games now their Swansea game has been postponed for a later date? It reads like this: Bayern, Sunderland, Stoke away, Everton, Bayern away, Chelsea away, Spurs away, Man City and then Everton away.

It's not out of the realms of possibility to gain a few points on them in March.

subtles

Johan Cruyff, today, received the UEFA President's Award in recognition of his outstanding contribution to football
via @Jouracule

BgnY8hDIQAEsGOI.jpg:large

jtb

Banned
Chelsea, Spurs, City, Everton is ridiculously difficult BUT all, with exception of Chelsea away, are winnable. Points will be dropped but I can't see us not picking up at least a result or two along the way (City and Spurs being the most likely, imo). especially if we can get Ramsey back for some of those fixtures.

Liverpool are playing United and Spurs in March as well. obviously I think third is out of reach for Liverpool, but we'll see. that City game is a must-win. if we can get a win at the Emirates, the title beckons. if we can't, then it's time to start worrying about dropping to 4th.

Arnie

Ok fuck it, 3rd. Let's go for 3rd. Let's throw kitchen sinks at 3rd*.

Now I'm going to throw a Madras into my face and watch House of Cards.

*if we get fourth i'm going fucking berserk in the best possible way

Fry

We're 3 points from 2nd. 4 points from 1st.

We only have the league left. Not a hard list of fixtures. Whycan't we get 3rd or even 2nd?

We are playing better than Arsenal and Chelsea. We still play Chelsea and City at home. Where we spanked Everton and Arsenal.

Next game Sturridge will be hungry for 2 goals at least. Hope we smash Swansea.

Titanfall or House of Cards...

220px-leonardo_dicaprmjkkg.png

You've got the top and the second top scorer in the league and now you're only in one competiton

If you don't finish 4th then you've failed spectacularly

jtb

Banned
We're 3 points from 2nd. 4 points from 1st.

We only have the league left. Not a hard list of fixtures. Whycan't we get 3rd or even 2nd?

We are playing better than Arsenal and Chelsea. We still play Chelsea and City at home. Where we spanked Everton and Arsenal.

Next game Sturridge will be hungry for 2 goals at least. Hope we smash Swansea.

if you take points off Chelsea and City, feel free to take 3rd, as long as it's not at our expense :p

subtles

I think we're able to play the high intensity (pressing) game at a very high level, but we still have a long way to go. I'd like to see us improve tactically by implementing the 'circulation football' Brendan was so stimulated by last season. The 2-1 scoreline has been a bit of an enigma this season as we try forcing our direct play when we can seek other avenues.

LB in the summer above all.

dc89

if you get 4th you hot foot it back to P-Town and I'll take you for a night out in Browns.

Lightning

Banned
Very open for me.

Our march is shit but after that we only play bottom half teams.

Arsenal still to play Chelsea, City, Spurs and Everton from the top teams.

Liverpool still to play Spurs, United, Southampton, City and Chelsea

Anything can happen with that. End of march will tell the story.

Feorax

how can you get sacked in FIFA :lol
I'm about the get promoted to the Premier League using Bradford City, we are basically Bayern 2.0

I got sacked on 360 because the kinect picked up the tv noise and assumed I was being foul mouthed to the ref. For 6 months.

I think we're able to play the high intensity (pressing) game at a very high level, but we still have a long way to go. I'd like to see us improve tactically by implementing the 'circulation football' Brendan was so stimulated by last season. The 2-1 scoreline has been a bit of an enigma this season as we try forcing our direct play when we can seek other avenues.

LB in the summer above all.

LBRBDM
RBLBDM
DMLBRB
RBDMLB
LBDMRB
DMRBLB

I prefer LBDMRB

Elchele

I got sacked on 360 because the kinect picked up the tv noise and assumed I was being foul mouthed to the ref. For 6 months.

serves you right for buying Kinect

I don't know it wasn't as if I was doing badly either.

maybe was because you lost in the cup or something, they 'read' you the expectations they have at the start of the season. I once got promoted but did terribly bad in cup and got sacked in 360

Bumhead

Banned
Can't believe the pigs won.

If we can beat Charlton, Sheffield derby at the Lane for the right to play at Wembley.

Been speculating about it for weeks and now it's almost a reality.

They're a fucking appalling outfit, but obviously being a cup derby game is a bit of a leveller.

Bring it on.

Kikarian

serves you right for buying Kinect

maybe was because you lost in the cup or something, they 'read' you the expectations they have at the start of the season. I once got promoted but did terribly bad in cup and got sacked in 360
Yeah I got beat by Bayern
pla Bla don't
in Champions league.

Starting a new career with Crewe.

Keepers get a ludicrous amount of protection given the fact they're allowed to punch people in the head at will

They've pretty much got free reign in the six yard box and most decisions in the penalty area will go their way.

Edit: it should be free rein, right? Fucking English. It is nothing more than a collection of Latin, French and Germanic languages. Bah.

Barzul

Mesut Özil ‏@MesutOzil1088 9m
Yes. Quarter final in the FA-Cup after a hard fight. The final at Wembley comes closer.

Arnie

By the way, Ozil is even lazier in person. Absolute shithouse of a footballer posing as a top player. Barely ever breaks into a sprint. Just lethargically drifts around making five yard passes.

Barzul

By the way, Ozil is even lazier in person. Absolute shithouse of a footballer posing as a top player. Barely ever breaks into a sprint. Just lethargically drifts around making five yard passes.

He created the two goals. Provided the cross for Sanogo's assist and the through ball for Chamberlain's assist. Totally a top player, very few players are more creative.

Lightning

Banned
Mesut Özil ‏@MesutOzil1088 9m
Yes. Quarter final in the FA-Cup after a hard fight. The final at Wembley comes closer.
We have much reason to be happy. We are one step closer and that change happening. Most other seasons we would have lost that match after the week we've just had but we played quite well until Podolski stupid penalty and hung on at the end.

Don't give a fuck what the hater say. They can get stuffed.

dc89

Interesting quotes from Pellegrini in Marca today.

"There was talk of spending big money on a big-name striker. I told the board that Negredo and Dzeko would get buckets of goal."

I wonder who?!

"I don't think Kun will go back to Spain. City is a great place to be for our key players like Kun and Yaya Toure. If he goes to Real, he will be playing in Ronaldo's team. And the same goes for Barça, which is Messi's team.

Here, a team is being built around him. He will be a contender for the Ballon d'Or in the next two years."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom