• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
iownFo3NJ79aE.gif
You fucking cunt. Don't think I'll forget about this. Forza Man City!!!

K1LLER7

he looks heavy

PES 2015 is going to be insane innit
Lol "Return of the King".

Honestly this screenshots looks a bit shit, with the creature there, nothing annoys me more than lazy monster design that is just "oh no long arms and spiky hands". That gameplay video posted the other day though... SO GOOD. Also why the fuck does the blood look so weird, like it's hovering over the ground lol.
I just wanted to scare Wilbur lol.

Not really seen/read much about Order 1886 since the E3 showing.

Wilbur

Banned
I watched that Evil Within video, that guy just running after you is boring, when will he decapitate you and fuck your head

i want it to be 4d

Yen

Watched the Phantom Pain E3 trailer again. It looks amazing. Ever since I started the series (with Snake Eater) I've wanted a game where we see Big Boss go full-on bad. I still have faith in Kojima, I immensely enjoyed Peace Walker, especially its themes of nuclear deterrence, there was some really good writing* in there (I'll absolutely concede that Paz was dreadful). With the 'modernisation' MGSV seems to be exhibiting, I think the zaniness of the story may be toned down.

the whole AI/Boss stuff was plain silly, but I enjoyed the silliness of a Metal Gear AI developing morals (?), averting nuclear disaster, then singing the Carpenters

Also watched the Evil Within trailer for the first time. Looks good. I never got really far with Resi 4 before giving up and trading it with my friend for SMG.
i0d3DqsHTfM5c.png

pls it gave me a double heart attack.

I got real scared a few times too, but the problem with it is that it's the only thing it does. It never attempts to build up any atmosphere or creepy feeling, it's just cheap jump scare after jump scare, becomes boring and eventually loses its effect.

FootballFan

Watched the Phantom Pain E3 trailer again. It looks amazing. Ever since I started the series (with Snake Eater) I've wanted a game where we see Big Boss go full-on bad. I still have faith in Kojima, I immensely enjoyed Peace Walker, especially its themes of nuclear deterrence, there was some really good writing* in there (I'll absolutely concede that Paz was dreadful). With the 'modernisation' MGSV seems to be exhibiting, I think the zaniness of the story may be toned down.

the whole AI/Boss stuff was plain silly, but I enjoyed the silliness of a Metal Gear AI developing morals (?), averting nuclear disaster, then singing the Carpenters

Did you like MGS2?

Lightning

Banned
i don't really know anything about the FA Cup, so can someone tell me how the host team is selected? at least it looks like there's just one game in each round, so the home team should have a huge advantage (like arsenal today, and on wikipedia it looks like they have been the home team every round so far, and will be again in the next).
Yep all our FA cup games have been home games. Spurs, Coventry, Liverpool and now Everton.

If Özil played for Liverpool he would have 20 assists by now this season. The pace and movement of Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling would be heaven for Mesut.

Wenger pls! Get us the required players to get the best out of him. Cazorla and Giroud to go. I still want this!

dc89

Amen brother. Looks amazing.

FootballFan

It may be my favourite though I haven't played it in 5 years whilst I played Snake Eater HD last year (which absolutely stands the test of time, can the same be said of 2?)

Yes it can. I completed MGS 2 HD recently and it still plays excellently. Currently on yet another play through of MGS 3 HD, which I still enjoy immensely.

'Evil Within'. It's directed by Shinji Mikami, who was involved with Resi 4 & Vanquish. I have high expectations.

Shit . . . this looks amazing. RE4 is easily in my top 3 games of all time, and this looks directly inspired by that. This looks like modern RE gameplay with actual survival horror elements, which is what I always wanted from the RE franchise. Essentially a mixture of RE4 and REmake (it even has the burning of corpses!)

I am very hyped.

Resident Evil 4 wasnt scary, just frustrating I had to stop every time to fucking fire a gun

I agree, RE4 was great but the start of something terrible, much like Final Fantasy 7. It wasn't scary at all, but it was such a good game and was just fun to play, unless you're a baby that complain about no running around and reloading, so it's still a great game. Then RE5 and RE6 came and were bad games on top of not being scary. RE1-3 scared the shit out of me, both due to the terrible controls which meant any small fuck up led to death and the uncertainty of what was around the next corner... or just the next camera angle as you couldn't see shit, you felt underpowered as fuck all the time.

Wilbur

Banned
I agree, RE4 was great but the start of something terrible, much like Final Fantasy 7. It wasn't scary at all, but it was such a good game and was just fun to play, unless you're a baby that complain about no running around and reloading, so it's still a great game. RE1-3 scared the shit out of me, both due to the terrible controls which meant any small fuck up led to death and the uncertainty of what was around the next corner... or just the next camera angle as you couldn't see shit, you felt underpowered as fuck all the time.

I don't like RE4
dPrJaGc.png
, stopping to shoot was pissing me off too much, dumb game

RE2 was good

Kikarian

I got real scared a few times too, but the problem with it is that it's the only thing it does. It never attempts to build up any atmosphere or creepy feeling, it's just cheap jump scare after jump scare, becomes boring and eventually loses its effect.
How far in are you? The beginning resides on doing that. But further on it get's more atmospheric and suspenseful.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
drank way too much. Don't know if I can go to work tomorrow :/

Which sadly is a bit shit.

I was so excited playing the first hour.

Then realized they were just going to keep going with the same bullshit over and over.

this x100

I started noticing after you told me about it :p

Slizz

drank way too much. Don't know if I can go to work tomorrow :/

Eat pizza now, shit will soak it right up. Then hydrate. Or if its beyond the point of no return just force yourself to throw up before you sleep instead of getting a rude awakening later.

gonna play fm

should i save HSV

should i try and be unbeaten all season with barca

should i

moyes

Save HSV. I'm doing it right now in that challenge mode, the one where you get talented youngsters in. It's my school save game though which means I only play it at uni, i make bad decisions in the morning when I'm tired so HSV is pretty much doomed in FM too.

drank way too much. Don't know if I can go to work tomorrow

Just wake up an hour early and get drunk, then you wont feel the hangover and you can work.

Wilbur

Banned
Save HSV. I'm doing it right now in that challenge mode, the one where you get talented youngsters in. It's my school save game though which means I only play it at uni, i make bad decisions in the morning when I'm tired so HSV is pretty much doomed in FM too.

I've never played the challenge mode, worth it? I don't like being thrown in at the middle of the season because then it takes a while for tactics to settle

I've never played the challenge mode, worth it? I don't like being thrown in at the middle of the season because then it takes a while for tactics to settle

You don't do that with all the challenges, the youth one I'm playing is at the start of the season. But it's FMC, which I never bothered with before, but good to play while listening to old boring cunts talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom