• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

I really hope Barca surprises everyone tonight. It will only make it harder on the overconfident City fans and unbiased people who predict City will destroy Barca. It's gonna be an interesting night for sure.

Too bad I'm at work.

Blablurn

arsenal-bayern-magic-moment-940.jpg

Into

Are we looking at a Negredo - Dzeko, physical attack on Barca?

I dont see Jovetic playing tonight, he has been given a chance and has done ok, but i figure Manuel will want to go physical on Barca

Bayern will destroy Le Arse, i havent seen Arse play well in a while, against much worse teams, hard to imagine them rising to the occasions. But hey Arse fans, anything can happen.

GorillaJu

How is Liverpool top of the most entertaining table by such a huge number, yet still 5th place in "worst to watch"?

Well, the answer should be obvious :lol

Fry

Now you're ignoring Game of Thrones, Masters of Sex and Boardwalk Empire.

I haven't finished MoS, I don't watch BE, and I'm not a GoT fan. And none of them are on right now!

Do you watch Shameless? It's top tier drama and entertainment right now.

Just started watching house of cards, Vikings season 2 starts on the 27th of feb and GoT a month after. Just hook it into my veinssssss.

Going to ask the girl I saw on v day on another date today, fingers crossed she says yes

L1NETT

Just started watching house of cards, Vikings season 2 starts on the 27th of feb and GoT a month after. Just hook it into my veinssssss.

Going to ask the girl I saw on v day on another date today, fingers crossed she says yes

Good luck son.

Need to start watching Vikings after I'm done with Peaky Blinders (Tom Hardy joins Cilian Murphy in season 2...it's basically a nolan film!)

I really hope Barca surprises everyone tonight. It will only make it harder on the overconfident City fans and unbiased people who predict City will destroy Barca. It's gonna be an interesting night for sure.

Too bad I'm at work.

Nah, Barca need to be taken down a peg - to be shown that they're nothing but a big fish in a tiny La Liga sized pond, and that Europe is the ocean in comparison.

...Eurgh, that means I'm cheering City on. WTF

Yes it is. The latest one blew me away, and I wasn't sold on it at all after the first few. I thought it was a melodramatic, hard-boiled, gritty show for Breaking Bad fans that takes itself too seriously. It is a melodramatic, hard-boiled, gritty show for Breaking Bad fans but what I've realized now is that it was me who didn't take it seriously enough.

Seriously, it's fucking good!

iq28brShTjq2V.gif

Add him to the good taste club.

You just know Shane O Mac would be made manager. With Stephanie as dof. Then Triple H as the assistant who eventually pushes for the managerial position.

Vince buying Newcastle would be epic. They'd be playing every Monday night.

bjaelke

You just know Shane O Mac would be made manager. With Stephanie as dof. Then Triple H as the assistant who eventually pushes for the managerial position.

Vince buying Newcastle would be epic. They'd be playing every Monday night.

They'll be losing 1-0 to Sunderland with 10 minutes to go. Suddenly the floodlights go down and fog on the Tyne will start blasting out of the speakers. A spotlight appears at the entrance of the tunnel, and there stands Paul Gascoine. The Newcastle fans go into uproar. Their saviour has come thanks to Vince. Gazza reaches into his shorts, pulls out a can of beer and drinks it, then runs onto the pitch and stunners the ref. Sunderland win 3-0 and 82 Newcastle fans are arrested for punching horses

LTWheels

He's been under-performing for quite some time now. I seem to recall that they questioned his integrity on FW back in December after the Chelsea game.

It seems like he has got the fear of making a game changing decision as he is afraid of becoming the centre of attention; but by making no decision he becomes the centre of attention anyway.

Watching the Sky season review of the season where those Leeds fans were murdered before the Galatasaray match.

Fucked up. Can't imagine what its like having a relative go to watch a game of football, and have their life stolen by such scum.

GHG

Article on how since Webb reffed the WC2010 final he has become a bottler of game changing decisions in big games compared to the rest of the refs in the league:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10644977/The-stats-that-prove-Howard-Webb-bottles-big-decisions.html

Seriously. All of this fallout because Webb didn't award the 2nd penalty for Suarez in that game?

One has to wonder if the shoe was on the other foot, and it was Liverpool going through because the ref failed to award a penalty to Arsenal (which has happened a few times before actually) whether there would be media outcry to this degree.

Like look at this from Poll:

"Liverpool are now out of the FA Cup because he wasn't."

Seriously? How about they're out because they failed to take their chances and didn't defend properly for the 2 goals they conceeded against us?

L1NETT

Graham Poll isn't the man you want criticising referees.

Aye

Come on Graham, one more poor bit like that and you are off

Or is it two more. I never know

---

Bailing from the Order thread before I get banned for saying summat stupid. Dunces on both sides of the fence. "my opinion matters more than you on this". Crickey.

Yurt hates everything.

Don't be that guy, Yurt.

Pls

Oi. Yurt is my Witcher bro. He's my Roche

(even though Iorveth is much better).

LTWheels

Seriously. All of this fallout because Webb didn't award the 2nd penalty for Suarez in that game?

One has to wonder if the shoe was on the other foot, and it was Liverpool going through because the ref failed to award a penalty to Arsenal (which has happened a few times before actually) whether there would be media outcry to this degree.

Seriously? How about they're out because they failed to take their chances and didn't defend properly for the 2 goals they conceeded against us?

No the fallout is that he is suppose to be our best referee and representing the league in the WC, yet there has been a pattern of him being shit for ages and it hasn't been called up on it. He shouldn't be given big games if he is not up to the task. It effects all clubs.

It was a horrendous decision tbf.

Looking at it from a perspective of logical guesswork, if he awards that penalty, we probably score, probably get a momentum boost that leads to us either earning a replay or winner, and changes the flow of the game so Gerrard doesn't get the chance to commit the second-yellow challenge.

The first terrible call is the real game-changer :p

GHG

Henry looks like he's laughing in this pic, little does he realise its about to flukily end up in the back of the net.

That one was a good game between us. Even though in true Arsenal style we bottled it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K4IFQP3oRc

It was a horrendous decision tbf.

Looking at it from a perspective of logical guesswork, if he awards that penalty, we probably score, probably get a momentum boost that leads to us either earning a replay or winner, and changes the flow of the game so Gerrard doesn't get the chance to commit the second-yellow challenge.

The first terrible call is the real game-changer :p

How about the dive from Suarez for the penalty that was actually given? Yes there was contact from Podolski, but was it enough for Suarez to go down? No. It was stupid for Pod to even get involved, but it was a very soft penalty. That was the 1st terrible call IMO.

To be fair, that was a clear cut penalty that Webb failed to award.

Simple fact is that he didn't do his job properly.

Fed up of incompetence or mistakes in applying the actual laws of the game being dismissed as 'part of football'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom