• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take Me Out was on TV in my break earlier. Fucking bizarre programme, like an amalgamation of lowest-common-denominator bumf.

ITV+Paddy McGuiness+charmless euphemisms+slappers+bellends+braindead audience

Isn't it annoying when you download a song only to find that it's stupidly quiet? Especially since modern Walkmen have really low max-volume levels

Titanfall anyone?

Blablurn

The Leverkusen game should be easy, but somehow I gotta a bad feeling about it. Hopefully the side will prove me wrong.

Leverkusen's only hope Kießling is not in form right now. Plus I don't think they are ready for the big stage yet (Just look at the match against Manchester). They also lost their last home game on saturday against Schalke. I think if Paris doesn't take it too lightly they will get the upper hand out of this match.

Mac_Lane

I think if Paris doesn't take it too lightly they will get the upper hand out of this match.

Well, that's what I fear most actually: overconfidence.

Don't underestimate Leverkusen. If they're in form they're pretty good, although they've been really struggling lately.

I don't underestimate them, I know they could pull it off on that one game, but if we do the job right then there should not be a problem. Then again it's football, so you never know...

Blablurn

Well, that's what I fear most actually: overconfidence.

I don't underestimate them, I know they could pull it off on that one game, but if we do the job right then there should not be a problem. Then again it's football, so you never know...

how can you be overconfident when you're playing in ligue 1?

idZaUjErPvtwN.gif

Mac_Lane

how can you be overconfident when you're playing in ligue 1?

You goddamned troll :lol

Ligue 1 clearly ain't as bad as you think it is. Major problem is that a vast majority of clubs are underfinanced. Lyon has been in austerity mode for the last couple of years, Lille put too much money in building their own stadium...

Some clubs are being smart about that: for instance Saint-Etienne has a salary cap, no player can earn more than 100,000€ a month. And the salaries are much more linked to collective performance, so as to be much more incentive.

Zabojnik

looooooooooooool

where did you get that? Please show me the lineup

who's the regista? Padoin?

As per Cazzetta Dello Spork. Nothing official. Peluso and Isla on the wings, Pogba in for one between Pirlo / Vidal (Marchisio should be playing), Chiellini is out, Barza maybe, Tevez + Osvaldo up front.

La vedo dura.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
As per Cazzetta Dello Spork. Nothing official. Peluso and Isla on the wings, Pogba in for one between Pirlo / Vidal (Marchisio should be playing), Chiellini is out, Barza maybe, Tevez + Osvaldo up front.

La vedo dura.

is it bad that I don't even care about the game?

Zabojnik

is it bad that I don't even care about the game?

I *want* to care, but it we've decided to take it as a nuisance, then ... yeah. Fuck that. At the very least we should be experimenting with what will hopefully be our new formation next season, based 4-3-3.

GorillaJu

Jesus, True Detective is something else.

Yes it is. The latest one blew me away, and I wasn't sold on it at all after the first few. I thought it was a melodramatic, hard-boiled, gritty show for Breaking Bad fans that takes itself too seriously. It is a melodramatic, hard-boiled, gritty show for Breaking Bad fans but what I've realized now is that it was me who didn't take it seriously enough.

Seriously, it's fucking good!

Yes it is. The latest one blew me away, and I wasn't sold on it at all after the first few. I thought it was a melodramatic, hard-boiled, gritty show for Breaking Bad fans that takes itself too seriously. It is a melodramatic, hard-boiled, gritty show for Breaking Bad fans but what I've realized now is that it was me who didn't take it seriously enough.

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Oh hey a new face!

who do you support?

Blablurn

So the game against City in Munich was a one off? Must have been nerves and all.

dc pls. the whole team turned off after the 2:0 lol. plus it didnt matter anyway in the end. Especially since you guys didnt know that one goal more could bring you the #1 spot :lol

dc89

dc pls. the whole team turned off after the 2:0 lol. plus it didnt matter anyway in the end. Especially since you guys didnt know that one goal more could bring you the #1 spot :lol

Thing is, we can't win. We get told we're not good enough in Europe. We beat Bayern 3-2 and then get told "oh you should have scored more goals" - WAIT WUT?!
How many teams go and beat you lot at home. I think people forget what you did to Barca. But all of a sudden, City are shit for not scoring 1 more goal.

Today? Manchester City.

Get in!

Salazar

I havent heard about until some weeks ago. I have a Australien couple on my twitter feed who keep talking about it for weeks now lol. And now that i see u enjoying it too im definitely getting interested haha

Impossible to get a read on any of the women. The dudes all play it so straight.

"I'm a tiger and I won't tolerate a tigress in my house" lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wait, Odd was banned?

-
a repost but this time in more detail!

Napoli goalkeeper Pepe Reina's complicated pre-match rituals feature in the latest of our series chronicling the extraordinary power of belief

Even in a profession notorious for weird rituals, Napoli's on-loan goalkeeper Pepe Reina takes things to extremes. He revealed: "If I do anything even a little bit differently it could stop things from turning out the way I want them to. Once I find something that works for me, I stick to it no matter how hard it can sometimes be." For Reina, the complicated process begins the night before a game, when he washes down a couple of cheese and ham toasties with a glass of white wine.

"It's not what fitness experts would advocate, but it helps me sleep," he insists. Bizarrely, Reina has also recently taken to wearing one of Mario Balotelli's old shirts in bed (after becoming the first keeper to save a penalty from the Italian). On the day of a home match, after getting suited and booted, Reina drives to the nearest petrol station and fills up, even if he doesn't actually need any fuel. "The cashier often gives me a funny look," when Reina puts in just a few pennies - or cents - into his tank. "I just have to keep it full to the brim," he explains.

As kick-off approaches, Reina insists on scoffing the same pre-match meal (pasta and fish), then showers before the coach's team talk, and visits the toilet three times "to relax". After running out onto the pitch last, he bangs his studs against the right-hand post, touches the crossbar, bangs his studs against the opposite post and starts his stretching routine. Having expended such an inordinate amount of thought and energy on preparing for the game, it's a minor miracle that Reina actually has any energy left to focus on the match.

FootballFan

You are back.

iCHRWJpg5c4Vz.gif

One click spoilerification is now here. Thanks GAF overlords.

Blablurn

Thing is, we can't win. We get told we're not good enough in Europe. We beat Bayern 3-2 and then get told "oh you should have scored more goals" - WAIT WUT?!
How many teams go and beat you lot at home. I think people forget what you did to Barca. But all of a sudden, City are shit for not scoring 1 more goal.

Get in!

I never said you guys are shit. But you should keep stuff in relations. You compare a CL semi final to an unimportant group stage game.

Impossible to get a read on any of the women. The dudes all play it so straight.

"I'm a tiger and I won't tolerate a tigress in my house" lol

:lol Always fun too see stuff like that since Chinese are normally Beta as fuck.

Welcome back Odd!

I think Mou just found his solution to the striker position

"I want to play football and I want to help the team. It doesn't matter if I play midfield, if I play in defence, if I play as a striker.

As a striker?

"I hope to one day," he laughs. "The opportunity would be nice."

All this continued optimism for PSG makes me certain that they'll lose tonight.

Made my predictions earlier but going to stick with Leverkusen and City win.

Bayern and Arsenal draw, Milan win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom