• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt hates everything.

Don't be that guy, Yurt.

Pls
Oh COME ON
KuGsj.gif
I like plenty of things
KuGsj.gif

Oi. Yurt is my Witcher bro. He's my Roche

(even though Iorveth is much better).

tumblr_m5bxbvyJor1ruw3edo1_500.gif

Phahah :p

It's almost like refs are human

Everyone wants refs to improve, but calling Webb an incompetent cunt isn't the way forward. Technology is.

But eh, ask Blatz for that one :)

Honestly, the certainty with which Webb brushed off that penalty appeal, he' have probably refused to go it a video replay even if we had a right to challenge it, the slaphead cunt

Abusing referees is cathartic as well

Fergie

Banned
Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta has declared that Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal are the best side in England, despite the fact that Chelsea are the current league leaders, reports the Express.

The 29-year-old’s choice is unsurprising given that he is a product of Barcelona’s famed La Masia academy and staunch supporter of Spain’s tiki-taka style.

“I think Arsenal still play the best football in England. They play in a style in the way that most emulates what we do at Barcelona – and what is in our opinion the right way to approach the game.

“They may not have spent what other teams have in England – but their football philosophy is the most attractive in England,” he declared.

However, while Barcelona have enjoyed unprecedented success via their intricate passing game across Europe in the last decade, their dominance has come to an end. Meanwhile, Arsenal have not won a piece of silverware for eight years despite their attractive brand of football.

The Catalans have come unstuck in Europe’s pinnacle competition in the past two years due the varying tactics employed by their rivals. Firstly, they narrowly lost to a defensive minded approach against Chelsea before being humiliated by the power and physicality of Bayern Munich last season.

Barca travel to the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday to take on Manchester City in the Champions League, with Manuel Pellegrini expected to field a powerful line-up to counteract the Spanish side’s beautiful football, in what will be an intriguing affair with former Barcelona player Yaya Toure set be central to the outcome.

It is hard to argue against Iniesta’s view that The Gunners play the best football, but in the modern game you often need several styles up your sleeve to overcome your opponents and the game seems to be moving back towards the physicality of the 90s.

Barcelona’s refusal to revert to a plan B is now both their biggest weakness and greatest strength, which could hinder them in their pursuit of victory over Manuel Pellegrini’s men.

Iniesta pls.

Liverpool and City got the goals yo.

Arsenal do play fantastic football

Phahah :p

It's almost like refs are human

Everyone wants refs to improve, but calling Webb an incompetent cunt isn't the way forward. Technology is.

But eh, ask Blatz for that one :)

Oh, I'm not denying refs are human - and humans make mistakes.

Webb is a decent referee, but he didn't do his job properly - or at least didn't perform to the standard expected.

Technology isn't coming, it took long enough for us to get goal line tech implemented lol, so unfortunately we have to point out the mistakes made by officials.

Pretty underwhelming reveals, aside from the graphics.

Gameplay: Cover shooting, QTE, little bit of semi-controlled Uncharted-style jumping
Trailer: Sterotypical overly-romantic language that games are still obsessed with, barely anything in-game except for the last 30 seconds, which was pretty atmospheric tbf

Sony need to sort their embargoes out :p

I'd like to know if they showed the cover shooting because they wanted to show something more fast-paced at first, similar to TLoU, and there are more slow exploration phases than it implies.

Would much rather have that than a bona fide TPS like Gears

Scum

Leverkusen 1 - 2 PSG
Man City 4 - 1 Barca

Gameplay: Cover shooting, QTE, little bit of semi-controlled Uncharted-style jumping
Trailer: Sterotypical overly-romantic language that games are still obsessed with, barely anything in-game except for the last 30 seconds, which was pretty atmospheric tbf

I'd like to know if they showed the cover shooting because they wanted to show something more fast-paced at first, similar to TLoU, and there are more slow exploration phases than it implies.

Hitch5-0, pls. You know how everything will end up eventually...
andeverythingwastlou.png

LTWheels

I haven't watched the trailer yet, but I made an obvious prediction last night. Because of how long the generation went and that these consoles are not a massive leap forward, I think it's going to be a while to we see something genuinely 'new'.

Knee high cover - check
Zoom in over the shoulder - check
Corridor simulator - check
Cinematic - check

I think it's a computer game.

L1NETT

Haha Wooden I prefer freedom fighters than racists :p

--

Agree 100% Hitch. Still don't see the fuss about this game. Yeah looks good, but um....aside from that. Need to see more.

I haven't watched the trailer yet, but I made an obvious prediction last night. Because of how long the generation went and that these consoles are not a massive leap forward, I think it's going to be a while to we see something genuinely 'new'.

Harmonix said they are making a music fps....That sounds fresh, new and barrels of fun, yet we have a thirty page thread about a very pretty tps.

Eh

Leverkusen 1 - 2 PSG
Man City 4 - 1 Barca

Hitch5-0, pls. You know how everything will end up eventually...
andeverythingwastlou.png

I could live with that :p

Seriously though, in a game that is seemingly trying to push atmosphere (and cinematicness) above everything else, I think the mystery and incidental storytelling of a structure like TLoU would be much more effective than a completely linear corridor-trawler

God, tell me about it. Watching HOC season 2 right now and its cheesy beyond words. Can barely watch it.

Asians think they have flat faces and foreigners have deep faces.

I still don't have a clue why people are comparing the two shoes. They are completely different entities and both do what they aim perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom