• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's always snippy comments out of the blue. Usually from their side tbh.

Their best player was desperate to join our club. Difficult to come to terms with I imagine.

tumblr_lj2qsg6m5q1qhsqy6o1_500.gif

So salty..
Benfica won last week thanks to a wrongly disallowed goal for Beleneses. The goals from Setubal came from an offside and from a penalty that didn't exist. Sorry but there's just to much coincidence. It's not that Benfica doesn't deserve it, they are the best team of the league, but they've had a little help.

faridmon

City have played basically the maximum number of fixtures up until this point, with the league cup, FA cup, CL, league. it was bound to catch up to them in some form, at some point.

Yeah, but with the depth of their squad, you'll think they would cope even better, especially with the likes of Arsenal doing comparably better. An Arsenal team with a poor depth in squad have actually performed admirably up to this point.

Elchele

Why was Yurt banned?! I thought he only posted in this thread

Mainz vs Hertha was shit, disappointing

From her pictures she looked slutty enough to take tha bait, but clearly not:

[fimg]http://i.imgur.com/Ik4kFjUl.jpg[/img]

Not sure how to follow it up now...

I think you started way too strong this time :p

cyen

Benfica won last week thanks to a wrongly disallowed goal for Beleneses. The goals from Setubal came from an offside and from a penalty that didn't exist. Sorry but there's just to much coincidence. It's not that Benfica doesn't deserve it, they are the best team of the league, but they've had a little help.

If someone is being helped is Porto... Sporting will play for the 2nd spot next week.

jtb

Banned
Arsenal do have that brutal run of fixtures coming up but Liverpool have just as many big games to play also. United, Spurs, City, Chelsea. hardly a forgone conclusion that Liverpool will finish above us this season.

or even in the top 4!

at least that's what I tell myself when I cry myself to sleep

Arnie

You'll go out in the group stage and get knocked out of the top 4 by Moyes.

Considering we've gone from 7th to 2nd in just over a year, and are about to have our recruitment aided by the Champions League lure, I'd be much more concerned about your own position if I were you, especially considering Arsenal Football Club exist to tread water in a pool of increasingly blood thirsty sharks.

Kassu

Banned
Arsenal will probably finish fourth and win the FA Cup
We'll probably finish third

Everyone's happy.
I would love to see us winning the FA Cup and you winning the title. Too bad it's probably not going to happen unless Chelsea suddenly starts to playing like shit.

Salvadora

Considering we've gone from 7th to 2nd in just over a year, and are about to have our recruitment aided by the Champions League lure, I'd be much more concerned about your own position if I were you, especially considering Arsenal Football Club exist to tread water in a pool of increasingly blood thirsty sharks.
Come on Arnie, we're not exactly treading water if we've massively improved on last season and potentially won a trophy.

Just peacefully co-exist. We have the same enemies.

What if Arsenal finish 3rd but are mercilessly picked off in the final minute of injury time by Matty Fryatt in the cup final?

I'd rather avoid the qualifier and have Arsenal win the cup tbh. Don't trust us to take the qualifiers seriously enough, based on the fact that we've been pretty underwhelming in Rodgers' knockout games against opposition we're expected to beat easily. And starting the season in July, in a World Cup year, is not a particularly envious position from a squad management viewpoint. Coming fourth would be fine given our expectations at the start of the season, but we have a genuine chance to finish 3rd or higher.

Fry

Come on Arnie, we're not exactly treading water if we've massively improved on last season and potentially won a trophy.

Just peacefully co-exist. We have the same enemies.

it's not our fault jtb and wedward are extremely toxic people

Arnie

Is the season over?
No, but crucially it's our points total at this point which is the really impressive factor, and we've got our hardest away fixtures over with.

The improvement's been enormous.

Just peacefully co-exist.
Not with lunatics.

I do not wish to live at the Baki Mental Asylum, with Wedward and Barzul as roommates.

I would love to see us winning the FA Cup and you winning the title. Too bad it's probably not going to happen unless Chelsea suddenly starts to playing like shit.

They are playing like shit, but they're in the habit of winning regardless. Tim Howard and Jan Vertonghen have basically gifted them the title.

2ns spot, CL last direct entering spot. Benfica does not need that kind of help to be champion, especialy against Sporting

After last season´s debacle, it´s quite clear that you need any help you can get. But I asked you how Porto has been helped and you didn´t gave me a concrete answer. I gave an example that helped Benfica gain two points. Give me a similar example for Porto.

wedward

No, but crucially it's our points total at this point which is the really impressive factor, and we've got our hardest away fixtures over with.

The improvement's been enormous.

Not with lunatics.

I do not wish to live at the Baki Mental Asylum, with Wedward and Barzul as roommates.

Of course you have improved, but this idea that you are going to do anything other than make up the numbers in the CL is hilarious.

You un-ironically posted an image/quote from 9 years ago thinking that it is somehow relevant today.

cyen

After last season´s debacle, it´s quite clear that you need any help you can get. But I asked you how Porto has been helped and you didn´t gave me a concrete answer. I gave an example that helped Benfica gain two points. Give me a similar example for Porto.

Please dont get me talk about Porto and the 20+ years of wining being helped by the man in black..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom