• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
march25_vlad_instory.jpg

Vlad Chiriches back in training, definitely been one of our better signings. When you consider that he came from the Romanian league he adapted to the PL extremely quickly, much faster than any of the other new signings. Now Vertonghen has to watch himself because any silly shit and he'll be out of the team.

Feorax

Vlad Chiriches back in training, definitely been one of our better signings. When you consider that he came from the Romanian league he adapted to the PL extremely quickly, much faster than any of the other new signings. Now Vertonghen has to watch himself because any silly shit and he'll be out of the team.

You think he'll make it for the weekend?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
You think he'll make it for the weekend?

Both him and Dawson will be available but I don't think they will be in the XI. The defender we most need back is Walker, but it seems his injury is worse than the club are admitting. He played the game against Chelsea but other than that he's hardly played during the last month.

Naughton already got destroyed by Sterling in the home game, that's my biggest concern for the weekend.

Abraxas

No you're fucking wrong on biscuits, what the fuck America.

Yeah, the US is fucked.
biscuits=cookies
Scones=biscuits
Jam occasionally=jelly

And those are the ones i've worked out so far.
The lovely lady at the popeyes in Georgia had no idea why i kept asking for no biscuits.

shortyme

Yeah, the US is fucked.
biscuits=cookies
Scones=biscuits
Jam occasionally=jelly

And those are the ones i've worked out so far.
The lovely lady at the popeyes in Georgia had no idea why i kept asking for no biscuits.

There is a difference between jam and jelly.

shortyme

In the store i see some marked as jam, and others marked jelly. The only difference seems to be price/audience.

Wrong, there is an actual difference in how its made.

The difference between jelly and jam is that jelly is made strictly from the juice of fruit while jam is made from crushed fruit. Specifically, jelly is made by crushing fruit, then straining out everything but the juice. The juice is then boiled, typically with sugar and pectin added, the latter of which reacts with the sugar and heat to give the jelly a thicker consistency for spreading.

The first step in making jam is about the same as jelly, but instead of straining the juice, the crushed fruit is left in; often with the seeds left in, if they are relatively small, such as with certain berries. Unlike most jellies, jam may not contain pectin, as the mashed fruit will often give it sufficiently good consistency for spreading.

Meier

Wrong, there is an actual difference in how its made.

Basically since I eat like a child most of the time, I'm all about jelly. Jam can get fucked. Ugh, seeds.

They stole the word cookie from the Dutch, anyway, cookies and biscuits are two different things in my opinion.

Thank you for this stuff (even if it smells godawful in the jar for some reason):

CookieButter.jpg

(Trader Joe's just blew my mind. They call it cookie butter but say it's from crushed biscuits.)

Koko

Banned
Roma fans, what happened to Dodó? Seemed in good form at the start of the year, what happened to him?

Dodó was injured for the past month he came back against Udinese if I remember correctly.

Speaking of Roma it would be interesting to see how their defense play today considering that Benatia and Maicon aren't playing.

Feorax

@Scottwilsonecho: Poyet: "For me, without Suarez, Liverpool would be mid-table. He is the player who should be voted Player of the Season by everybody." #SAFC

He's poking the bear.

He's poking the bear and shouting obscenities about it's mum.

Basically since I eat like a child most of the time, I'm all about jelly. Jam can get fucked. Ugh, seeds.

Thank you for this stuff (even if it smells godawful in the jar for some reason):

CookieButter.jpg

(Trader Joe's just blew my mind. They call it cookie butter but say it's from crushed biscuits.)

Calls it cookie butter but says it's made from crushed biscuits....

The Dutch are fucking insane

3Sixty

He's poking the bear.

He's poking the bear and shouting obscenities about it's mum.

I've heard this before...

He sneered: “They play the same kind of football as Dagenham and Redbridge. The only difference is they’ve got (Rickie) Lambert. If you gave Dagenham and Redbridge (Lee) Barnard and Lambert they would be in the top six.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom