• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

Keep them coming.

Most likely will happen.

We continue to break records on a weekly basis. didn't they also say something about it being the quickest goal conceded in history at Old Trafford? Giving up goals quickly instead of at the end, progress.

Edit: was quickest away goal at Old Trafford in Premier League history.

Plasma

Banned
Is Arse-GAF ready for that sweet, sweet 7-1 home loss this weekend?

I'll be shocked if we managed to even get one goal with the way we've played in our last two games.

As for the slump honestly thought we were past that, we were great at grinding out results at the end of last year. Both the players and manager have let us down though.

Salvadora

I'm not having that this is Ferguson's fault. No way. Declines don't happen this quick. Moyes is shit, and the players have no faith in him. Ferguson got that extra 10% - Moyes has lost that, and an additional 10%.
The decline was already in process in the last season (and beyond), despite the title win.

We all saw it.

caramac

iM1giCSmoazCE.gif

L1NETT

God if you were closer I'd be so fucking down

need to fucking drink but no one's down to go out tonight

London Midlands. Be at Birmingham New Street in no time bubs :p

Back in Laaahdan on the 6th April. If we lose to Orient we can go get drunk somewhere

Hitch, you waiting for DriveClub? Apparently the director has left.

Lol, Newcastle.

Couldn't care less about vehicle racing games any more tbh. Unless Takedown-format Burnout made a return, made by Criterion. That ain't ever gonna happen tho.

Bought a wheel for GT5, played it for 15 hours, then realised that I haven't got the patience to become good at them, and the genre isn't for me. Cars are just boring as fuck to me.

Stubo

Well deserved congrats to Bayern gaf, fully expect to get fairly obliterated in the CL.

We weren't good enough as expected. There were a few changes to get back in to the game, if mata's chance had gone in there was a hope we could make a game of it.

We really need midfielders like Fernandinho and Yaya. This is true for any team I know, but the gulf in class from our CM to those two is incredible.

Seems like Utd. won't be able to attract stars to improve themselves - unless they're greedy and want to be showered in money. Their best bet are now high potentials (widely recognized talents who,ideally, already played CL/EL), imho.
What an incredibly rundown squad they have now, damn. But I still think a competent and well-respected manager would've at least led hem into the CL spots.

spidye

Seems like Utd. won't be able to attract stars to improve themselves - unless they're greedy and want to be showered in money. Their best bet are now high potentials (widely recognized talents who,ideally, already played CL/EL), imho.
What an incredibly rundown squad they have now, damn. But I still think a competent and well-respected manager would've at least led hem into the CL spots.
Holy shit

Blast from the past

Abraxas

I'll be shocked if we managed to even get one goal with the way we've played in our last two games.

As for the slump honestly thought we were past that, we were great at grinding out results at the end of last year. Both the players and manager have let us down though.

Would you be happy to see a >50% changed team for City? I feel like losing when we have Gnabry, Sanogo, Zelalem and the like on, with Kallstrom and Rosicky, would help. We need to put the fear back in the players, Arteta and Giroud didn't bother showing up.

Salvadora

Why exactly are people losing their shit over the Oculus acquisition? They now have someone with a shit ton of money backing their project, a company that could really push VR applications and OR into mainstream.
Presumably because they suspect it won't be tailored to gaming anymore.

Jack cw

Why exactly are people losing their shit over the Oculus acquisition? They not have someone with a shit ton of money backing their project, a company that could really push VR applications and OR into mainstream.
Suckerberg apparently saw the potential. This is good news tbh. VR has to succeed.

Why exactly are people losing their shit over the Oculus acquisition? They not have someone with a shit ton of money backing their project, a company that could really push VR applications and OR into mainstream.

Because this is a gaming forum. People here want VR games not VR experiences and VR social networking.

Also Facebook is a shit company

Scum

Don't blame him

He played over 2 eras, with great players who'd run through a brick wall to win, and with players who were just vastly technically superior to the opposition. Players left when they should have left, and were suitably replaced.

This team stinks of shit, and a lot of it is Ferguson's tbh. Rubbish, lazy, cowardly players all over the place. Many players well past their best, and still declining at an alarming rate. Complete lack of mentality. Shite tactics. Shite signings. No identity. No pace. No intensity.

Cave-dwelling, defeatist manager who inspires fuck all. Empty promises from the main offenders. Rewarding players who try and fuck them over with £300kpw contracts.

Only real bright spot is De Gea, and a good keeper is fucking pointless if he's stuck behind a mix of geriatric morons, and a couple of idiots who use 'commitment' to disguise a complete lack of actuak defensive awareness.

Januzaj will go on to be a good player, but he's not good enough right now to be trusted to provide anything game-on-game.

Home losses come and go and nobody is surprised. That is unforgivable.

<3 it

I swear if I didn't know which team you really followed, I would quite easily mistake you for a Moyes' boy. :p

The director of the game resigned or was let go? Either way, that's not good. However, the latter is certainly better for the project than the former. If he just walked away, that's pretty telling imo.

Gaming studio's are taking this downgradeaton thing to an entirely new level/direction.....
Seems like he just left.

justjohn

The players just aren't good enough, I dont think you can just point the finger at Moyes anymore.

Another performance which showcased a lack of passion, lack of pace and ....lack of anything really.

bullshit. if mourinho was in charge of this united team, they would be up there challenging for the title. that team is very good.

LTWheels

Moyes is a gift to the league, restoring the balance to the league after years of United dominance. We should be singing his praise.

derExperte

Because this is a gaming forum. People here want VR games not VR experiences and VR social networking.

Also Facebook is a shit company

https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10101319050523971

"Immersive gaming will be the first, and Oculus already has big plans here that won't be changing and we hope to accelerate. The Rift is highly anticipated by the gaming community, and there's a lot of interest from developers in building for this platform. We're going to focus on helping Oculus build out their product and develop partnerships to support more games. Oculus will continue operating independently within Facebook to achieve this."

He could be totally lying of course but why let all all the work so far go to waste?

Timbuktu

Why exactly are people losing their shit over the Oculus acquisition? They now have someone with a shit ton of money backing their project, a company that could really push VR applications and OR into mainstream.

FB's plans are probably long term for the next decade or something. Gaming is small fries for oculus now.

Jack cw

Don't think so. United is still one of the biggest clubs and even Real or Bayern were able to buy big players when not winning anything. United will come back with another, more competent manager in 6 years.

Blablurn

tumblr_n30hv9AKie1rbttujo1_500.png
tumblr_n30ie3nAfa1qgmhjro2_500.jpg

tumblr_n30i7istVy1rrboavo1_500.jpg
tumblr_n30hp65bbe1qgmhjro1_500.jpg

tumblr_n30go5KTqX1rrboavo2_500.jpg
tumblr_n30h74GC2e1rmpo74o2_500.jpg

tumblr_n30hq9Um0u1rrboavo1_500.jpg
tumblr_n30huj0cyy1snf024o1_500.jpg

Earliest title win ever in the Bundesliga. There are still 7 games to go.

Bayern had the most passes ever in a Bundesliga game today.

I get insanely jealous of people around my age when their company gets bought for a huge amount of money

I don't think 'cool, well in'

I just think 'you fucking jammy cunt'

Wilbur

Banned
Bobby Charlton saying today he's absolutely the right man for United as well. He's going nowhere until Charlton and Ferguson DIE

Fergie

Banned
Don't think so. United is still one of the biggest club and even Real or Bayern were able to buy big players when not winning anything. United will come back with another, more competent manager in 6 years.
Moyes won't last 6 years if this continues. More likely next season is his last if this continues.

Even so I'm very worried about him spending any money if it doesn't work out.

You think they're solely gonna throw out $2bn to buy a company and then release a shit product? If the device is solid enough there's no reason to assume things will change. If anything, this should help VR to gain a lot more traction, something that should benefit gaming as well, even if OR (initially) loses the focus on gaming.

Shit product? No. But Oculus were focused on gaming and Facebook threaten that focus.

Salvadora

Bobby Charlton saying today he's absolutely the right man for United as well. He's going nowhere until Charlton and Ferguson DIE

He didn't sound particularly convinced by what he was saying , and acknowledged "really, really bad performances."

The doubts are creeping.

Salazar

Bizarre.

Charlton must know good football when he sees it, and vice versa. Paddy Crerand is just a madman, but Bobby is letting the club down with this bollocks.

Clegg

They won't make the decision to sack him or not. There's only so much sway they can hold with the Glazer's and Woodward.

And there's the feeling that he's saying these things because he's from the old school of never airing your dirty laundry in public. Even Fergie and Charlton must now be question Moyes.

pappe

This team is bad. I kinda agree but its nowhere near as bad as being 7th in the league. Moyes just lacks the qualities needed to handle a team of Uniteds calibre.

Wilbur

Banned
He didn't sound particularly convinced by what he was saying , and acknowledged "really, really bad performances."

The doubts are creeping.

Bizarre.

Charlton must know good football when he sees it, and vice versa. Paddy Crerand is just a madman, but Bobby is letting the club down with this bollocks.

They won't make the decision to sack him or not. There's only so much sway they can hold with the Glazer's and Woodward.

I was dreamt a scenario where he walks out for his interview and resigns on the spot

i became erect

no one saw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom