• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

The squad needs a severe make-over.
Really really shite players wearing that jersey...Ferguson left the club with a few duds.

Can't all be Moyseh, can it?

Look at United's major transfers over the past 5 years:
Zaha
Kagawa
Van Persie
De Gea
Jones
Young
Bebe
Smalling
Hernandez
Valencia

Van Persie and De Gea the only big hits of the bunch. Some of the players may go on to be good, like Jones, and some had very good spells in the past, like Valencia, but it's a very poor return over the seasons. Both Fergie and the Glazers need some blame for that.

Scum

The squad needs a severe make-over.
Really really shite players wearing that jersey...Ferguson left the club with a few duds.

Can't all be Moyseh, can it?

Oh, he's part of the problem alright. But yeah, Fergie left behind some duds. Peppered over the cracks with van Persie instead. Young, Valencia, Evra, Buttner, Cleverley and Nani should be sold in the summer.

K1LLER7

Oh, he's part of the problem alright. But yeah, Fergie left behind some duds. Peppered over the cracks with van Persie instead. Young, Valencia, Evra, Buttner, Cleverley and Nani should be sold in the summer.
Fergie's biggest mistake was not finding a Scholes replacement.

Pogba could've been the one ;(

They won the title with that team minus Mata and Big Fel.

It's Moyes.

The squad was already old and only gotten older, not to mention the injuries too... Not that moyes doesn't have a huge part in this too, but there's more problems at United than that and just firing him won't fix that much.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Moyes' biggest mistake was replacing their title winning backroom staff. They FIXED Robin ffs.

I understand why he did it though

The squad was already old and only gotten older, not to mention the injuries too... Not that moyes doesn't have a huge part in this too, but there's more problems at United than that and just firing him won't fix that much.
And an RVP who missed zero games. Said it all last season, saying it again: he singlehandedly won them the title.

Oh obviously, but he really isn't helping himself is he :lol Their team is still top four material imo.

They had RVP, who at the time was the best player in the league.

All the teams currently above them in the league were nowhere near as good then as they are now.

They had Fergie.

Putting 100% of the blame on Moyseh is over simplifying things imo.

That's actually an interesting point though. Sometimes you do need players who can provide width and pace to stretch the game. I actually think Neville is rightn in that regard. No doubt his call for wingers is rooted in his own personal bias, but it's an option that's worth considering. And I'm pretty sure most United fans would welcome a return to wing play if we managed to sign genuine quality there.

The main problem is a lack of creativity which is most certainly due to poor coaching. But in midfield we still lack dynamism. There isn't a Toure or a Ramsey there that can break forward and score. And we have no physically imposing defensive midfielder. Fellaini is strong but so slow. He also slows things down when we should be speeding up. He takes two touches to set himself when he should only be taking one.

The problem with Neville's viewpoint is that he cites players like Welbeck, Valencia, and Young and thinks them playing would improve United. We know this isn't true because there was a time when Mata wasn't at United and Kagawa wasn't playing yet United were still shit. Plus there were external factors that contribute to the difference in displays. Giggs was involved in the Olympiacos game and his passes were a lot more riskier than what Carrick, Clevershit, and Fellaini are providing. The same with the first leg in the Olympiacos tie. He points to Welbeck changing the dynamic of the team, but forgets to mention that Kagawa entered at the same time as Welbeck. The circumstances weren't the same and it's dishonest to just say that pace was the reason why United were better.

The problem goes beyond team selection right now. There's a lack of cohesiveness among the players. Players don't look comfortable with the ball and do not provide passing options for teammates through their movement off the ball. Those two cause players like Kagawa and Mata to play a lot more safe and pick the ball up from deep spaces. It also causes Valencia to just cross and hit the first defender as we saw in the first half of the season.

I think it stems from Moyes' shit training sessions. There's been a lot of talk that Moyes doesn't do much work on attack or that they aren't efficient in getting the best out of technical players. Many Everton players and staff have said so and there are now articles pointing to United players getting worked up over those shit training sessions.

It still doesn't work fully with United though. There's a style of play there that's been around for decades and moving away from it takes time. United have always been at their best when playing with pace so I can understand the calls from ex players that United need more speedy players.

I don't think it takes that much time due to the history of United. It just takes a manager to implement his playing style. Just look at what Rodgers did to the sack of shite team Hodgson and Dalglish assembled. The same goes with Everton and Martinez. He's already changed their playing style. History means nothing when it comes to changing a team's playing style unless the board forces the manager to play a certain way. Players are internationals and do play in different systems with their international teams or have played in other clubs prior to United.

Nah. Carrick, De Gea, Ferdinand, Evans, Rafael and Vidic all had really good seasons too.

Chicharito was also really efficient last season. 18 goals in 36 games despite coming off the bench a lot. It was his most efficient season for United. Evra was also better last season than his previous 2 seasons. Still shit defensively, but a little better in attack.

FootballFan

ibqaVukC8jCSiS.gif

Messi

How am I only realizing now that when Beckham got sent off for that little kick in the world cup he was kicking none other than....

1iyvn.gif

Diego+Simeone+Real+Madrid+CF+v+Club+Atletico+Unk_a-IgI2_l.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Why is Chloe so hot?! She's now even 18 yet! :(

Oh

it's you!
KuGsj.gif

How am I only realizing now that when Beckham got sent off for that little kick in the world cup he was kicking none other than....
I actually remember him in Serie A. He was a dirty twat, just like his Atletico.
The problem with Neville's viewpoint is that he cites players like Welbeck, Valencia, and Young and thinks them playing would improve United. We know this isn't true because there was a time when Mata wasn't at United and Kagawa wasn't playing yet United were still shit. Plus there were external factors that contribute to the difference in displays. Giggs was involved in the Olympiacos game and his passes were a lot more riskier than what Carrick, Clevershit, and Fellaini are providing. The same with the first leg in the Olympiacos tie. He points to Welbeck changing the dynamic of the team, but forgets to mention that Kagawa entered at the same time as Welbeck. The circumstances weren't the same and it's dishonest to just say that pace was the reason why United were better.

The problem goes beyond team selection right now. There's a lack of cohesiveness among the players. Players don't look comfortable with the ball and do not provide passing options for teammates through their movement off the ball. Those two cause players like Kagawa and Mata to play a lot more safe and pick the ball up from deep spaces. It also causes Valencia to just cross and hit the first defender as we saw in the first half of the season.

I think it stems from Moyes' shit training sessions. There's been a lot of talk that Moyes doesn't do much work on attack or that they aren't efficient in getting the best out of technical players. Many Everton players and staff have said so and there are now articles pointing to United players getting worked up over those shit training sessions.

gZC1NzF.png

Jarnet87

We would have won without RVP. Rooney and Welbeck would have made up the difference. We scored more goals in 2011-2012 then we did the next season with van Persie.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
guuuys stahp

let's talk about something else

Sounds like our performance was nervy last night. But a win is still a win.

you have to watch it just for that last minute Anfield cheer. Shivers

http://iv1.lisimg.com/image/2810425/600full-chloe-moretz.jpg[IMG]

ok im getting on the chloe train choo chooooooooo[/QUOTE]
she supports Barcelona.

Jump.

FuturusX

Sounds like our performance was nervy last night. But a win is still a win.

On the positive side Coutinho was absolutely breathtaking. If he can play like that for the rest of the season Liverpool will have a great shot at doing something big. Overall Liverpool played quite well, we just forgot our shooting boots...We had 21 shots and 65% plus possession - any other day the final score is 3 or 4 nil. We just went to sleep on a set piece and then got a case of the frighteners...

[IMG']http://iv1.lisimg.com/image/2810425/600full-chloe-moretz.jpg[/IMG]

ok im getting on the chloe train choo chooooooooo

Now I don't want to tell you that she has as much brand loyalty has she got football loyalty... But don't google Chloë+psp vita.

she supports Barcelona.

Jump.

But trolls Arsenal supporters on twitter, that makes at least up for that and then some.

guuuys stahp

let's talk about something else

I agree, save it for the OT that I will make February next year.

Wilbur

Banned
Just farted in my room and it stinks like the shit of the gods

Gotta be up at 10, phone interview at half past for an internship at a PR place

Pls

I'm scared

I might not answer the phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom