• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of requesting a ban as I have a week's holiday coming up, and every time that's happened over the last 3 years I've intended to look for a new job, only to waste the days playing games, watching shitty daytime TV or browsing GAF.

Is there any way of shortening the ban once you've already asked for it?

You will just end up lurking and being upset at not being able to respond.

Meier

ibcXbI823KfH67.gif

I WANT HIM BACK

This is hilarious. So who actually coined that celebration? People try and are successfully obnoxious when they run around and do it at hyperspeed.

faridmon

It's because we care farid-chan, let me tell you it in a way you understand. Imagine the magazine being the bullshots and the actual woman being the game when it's actually released.

i3CZ9deChb3it.gif

Looool

There is so much technicality in the world of gaming these days, I can't follow it up.

Back in the days, we sued to slot Cartridges into the N64 machine and polygons would pop out. Now we have to talk about Anti-Aliasing, IQ, Frame-rate, Texture pop-ins, Polygon Counts, HDR, Mappings, its just too much!

Fuck it, gonna try just limiting myself. Think I'm gonna be spending some time in the Tech thread as I try and figure my internet connection out as well

Plus, CL fixtures next week, fuck missing out on that :D

Hixx

"The banner is reportedly set to read: 'Wrong One - Moyes Out' in response to the 'Chosen One' banner that is draped inside Old Trafford."

Chosen Wrong would be better.

Send my commission to my PayPal address, available on request.

Hitch The Inquisitor is back, for one day only
until tomorrow at least

Did anyone here who went straight from GCSEs/A-Levels to employment use an agency? If so, which one, and have you got any tips for finding a decent job without a degree?

And one for the Premfaces. Does yesterday's win in spite of the performance make you more or less confident (whether you want it or not) that Liverpool can fight for the title to the end?

K1LLER7

until tomorrow at least

Did anyone here who went straight from GCSEs/A-Levels to employment use an agency. If so, which one, and have you got any tips for finding a decent job without a degree?

And one for the Premfaces. Does yesterday's win in spite of the performance make you more or less confident (whether you want it or not) that Liverpool can fight for the title to the end?

You'll lose to either City or Chelsea and that will be that for the Title. Will finish 3rd.

Hixx

until tomorrow at least

Did anyone here who went straight from GCSEs/A-Levels to employment use an agency? If so, which one, and have you got any tips for finding a decent job without a degree?

Liverpool can't afford to lose one game so you aren't going to win it. Yesterday should have been your easiest home game of the season and we came agonisingly close to a draw.

faridmon

until tomorrow at least

Did anyone here who went straight from GCSEs/A-Levels to employment use an agency. If so, which one, and have you got any tips for finding a decent job without a degree?

Most agencies will refer you for internships which will take you to a very respectable positions and even let you join boards with only experience and work history under your belt. The minus side of it is that, you won't be able to be paid much, but after a year of experience, the chances of them hiring you with is quite good if you happen to be energetic and passionate about the things that you are assigned to do.
They also provide a very hands-on education within the work environment which is a big plus imo. You don't have to lick some lecturers ass in order to get into the industry

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
James Horncastle (Romanista btw):

It’s also worth remembering how Roma started the season. They won each of their opening 10 games, establishing a new Serie A record. So far they have lost only twice in the league. Never before in their history have Roma had as many points after 29 games as they do now.

To add another layer of perspective, their current total of 67 would be enough for them to be leading Serie A in 11 of the 12 years since their last Scudetto in 2001. If Roma maintain their seasonal points-per-game average over the remaining nine games, they will finish on 87, the total that an improving Juventus retained their title with last May.

And yet, quite incredibly, but for an improbable collapse, Roma won’t be lifting the shimmering Serie A trophy aloft at the end of this campaign. There’ll be no pitch invasion at the Stadio Olimpico, no celebrations in Circo Massimo. Somehow this Roma side, which most neutrals would argue really deserves a piece of silverware to commemorate what has been an unprecedented campionato by their standards, are in second place and trailing Juventus, who have played a game more, by 14 points.
evil-laugh-sookieysa6u.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom