• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Sport Witness ‏@Sport_Witness 3m
Got something intriguing for Manchester United fans who love a bit of transfer conspiracy and fun and games later.

Muppet hiatus until that Evertonian bowel-scraping is gone.

King_Moc

Banned
Hitch The Inquisitor is back, for one day only
until tomorrow at least

Did anyone here who went straight from GCSEs/A-Levels to employment use an agency? If so, which one, and have you got any tips for finding a decent job without a degree?

I used Pertemps and went into a bog standard admin job with it, but i'm doing pretty good now. With agencies it's all about getting into a decent company and snapping up a permanent role asap. Some companies pretty much only recruit internally, which can help if you don't have a degree.

Salazar

I need to remind myself to keep off twitter in times like this. Absolute shit everywhere.

Give me MUFC Facebook and I'm happy.

It's like telling someone who has fallen in a garbage compactor that the Vicar of Dibley box set will go on special.

We don't give a FUCK

Not even K1LLER

Meier

Saw the pic you posted earlier Yurt, but this does look like a pretty definite penalty when you see the play happen. Very surprised it wasn't given:

KlutzyRequiredIndianabat.gif

K1LLER7

It's like telling someone who has fallen in a garbage compactor that the Vicar of Dibley box set will go on special.

We don't give a FUCK

Not even K1LLER

lol

It'll be something like, United have offered Kagawa for Seamus Coleman.

Then in the summer we get Osman.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Guardian:

Tottenham Hotspur are exploring the possibility of re-signing Steven Caulker in the summer – only 12 months after selling him to Cardiff City for £9m.

Spurs have doubts over the future of two of their existing centre-halves, with Jan Vertonghen having attracted the interest of Barcelona and Younès Kaboul set to become a free agent in June.

Kaboul's contract is actually until 2015 but still, I think we should do it. Caulker is much better than Dawson and is only going to improve, he's ready to play regular league games for us.

I used Pertemps and went into a bog standard admin job with it, but i'm doing pretty good now. With agencies it's all about getting into a decent company and snapping up a permanent role asap. Some companies pretty much only recruit internally, which can help if you don't have a degree.

Most agencies will refer you for internships which will take you to a very respectable positions and even let you join boards with only experience and work history under your belt. The minus side of it is that, you won't be able to be paid much, but after a year of experience, the chances of them hiring you with is quite good if you happen to be energetic and passionate about the things that you are assigned to do.
They also provide a very hands-on education within the work environment which is a big plus imo. You don't have to lick some lecturers ass in order to get into the industry

Cheers guys

Got enough saved up that I can afford to take a job with a temporary hit to the wage, as long as it's bearable and there are prospects for moving up the ladder in a reasonable timeframe.

I have a job, but not a career if you know what I mean.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Saw the pic you posted earlier Yurt, but this does look like a pretty definite penalty when you see the play happen. Very surprised it wasn't given:

KlutzyRequiredIndianabat.gif
-_-

which one?

or do you mean Bonucci? He was covering the ball and Verona's player dived before Leo's (non)tackle.

the gif was made by a Juve tumblr as you can see :lol

Hixx

Sometimes I feel like the only person on GAF who didn't go to university.

Nice to know I have company Hitch.

I haven't.

Yet.

I will go.

When I decide what I would like to do.

But as it is I don't think there's a degree for Procrastinative Fuckwit.

Feorax

And one for the Premfaces. Does yesterday's win in spite of the performance make you more or less confident (whether you want it or not) that Liverpool can fight for the title to the end?

We were never going to be able to outscore every team from now until the end of the season, so it's given me a bit of confidence that we still have other ways we can win.

King_Moc

Banned
http://www.last.fm/music/The+Lightning+Seeds (direct linking to the Vevo video seems to be wonky)

Never actually seen the Three Lions video before. Ian Broudie.. :lol If only the hurt stopped at 30 years.

Amazing that England has never won the European Championship. o_O

It really isn't.

Bear in mind we have Germany, Italy, Spain, France and The Netherlands. You can always rely on at least 3 of them to be better than us at any one time.

Salvadora

If any of you were thinking of going to university after a long hiatus out of education (and without the qualifications), I'd recommend an Access Course.

I went from 0 to getting uni offers in less than one academic year. Going to an Open Day tomorrow, and all.

Sometimes I feel like the only person on GAF who didn't go to university.

Nice to know I have company Hitch.

I bottled it. Got accepted at Winchester and Portsmouth, decided to take a year working to try and avoid piling debt on too badly, went on an Open Day to Portsmouth, thought it looked shite and I've been lazily stuck at Sainsburys for the 4 years since.

If tuition fees go down any time soon (is that even possible?) I'd probably end up going and basically living as a hermit while studying :p

Elchele

If any of you were thinking of going to university after a long hiatus out of education (and without the qualifications), I'd recommend an Access Course.

I went from 0 to getting uni offers in less than one academic year. Going to an Open Day tomorrow, and all.

what?

I bottled it. Got accepted at Winchester and Portsmouth, decided to take a year working to try and avoid piling debt on too badly, went on an Open Day to Portsmouth, thought it looked shite and I've been lazily stuck at Sainsburys for the 4 years since.

If tuition fees go down any time soon (is that even possible?) I'd probably end up going and basically living as a hermit while studying :p
Not until at least the parliament after next but probably not ever.

Meier

Amazing to find out the last time Arsenal have played a game in the US was back in 1989. Playing New York Red Bulls this summer in NY.

Salvadora

Are you really motivated by the financial costs of tuition fees, Hitch? I'm from N.I so mine are only in the £3,000 and something range, but it isn't like traditional debt or anything. You don't even have to pay it until you earn a certain amount.
Like, offers to study certain degrees at university on the condition you meet the grades. You don't have that in South America?

Clegg

Quite lucky in Ireland tbh.

The govt subsidise your course so you only pay €3k a year. Of course if you go on to do a second degree 1-5 years after completing your first then you have to pay full fees of around 7k a year. Go back after five years though and you get subsidised again.

Elchele

Like, offers to study certain degrees at university on the condition you meet the grades. You don't have that in South America?

Can't speak for all the region, but usually in public (free) universities you have to do an exam or introductory course (in some countries it can last a whole academic year). In private universities you just have to pay and you are in

I'm in a private university here in Argentina, I pay around 180$USD per month. it's pretty stupid considering the quality of education is superior in the public university of the city, but they don't have the Advertising career

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom